scratching recipient

Hi,

at what point, post-op, would you say it's ok to scratch the recipient? I'm a month post op and sometimes I really have to scratch it. Nothing too bad. Just what most people (who aren't so sensitive about their scalp) would consider normal.

I've got worried as I've noticed a few red dots (literally just one or two) and I'm not sure if I've dislodged a graph through scratch or it's just a normal pimple) which my doctor told me to expect the odd pimple in the recipient.

Thanks for your help guys

Have you removed all of the crusts?...are the scabs healed and gone as well?

Scratching at this point in time is not well advised...better to use your fingerpads and lightly just rub your scalp.

Also try using an herbal based shampoo such as one enriched with aloe vera which will help with the post-op itching.

Congrats on your recent procedure!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

By the 10th day the grafts are anchored in your body, by one month the only way to remove the grafts would be by surgery. Scratching shouldn’t affect the grafts at this point, especially since the grafts have shed.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

By the 10th day the grafts are anchored in your body, by one month the only way to remove the grafts would be by surgery. Scratching shouldn’t affect the grafts at this point, especially since the grafts have shed.

Thanks Melvin.