HT Recommendation and Suggestions Needed

I am 29 yrs old and I have been losing hair for about 10 yrs. I was on minoxdil on and off and also used propecia for about 6 months. I had full head of hair until 2015, I stopped the medication and pretty started shedding crazy after few months, now in 2018 I am diagnosed with Norwood V and becoming Norwood 6. My dad has a Norwood 6 pattern baldness and my grandfather on mother side has decent hair at his age and at Norwood 4. My progression of hair loss seems to be going towards Norwood 6 and matches more with my Dad.

I have so far discussed with Dr.Bhatti, Dr. Suneet Soni and Dr Agrawal via emails, and in person with Dr.Paine and Dr.Allan Parungao. I have also scheduled appointment with Dr. Keller next month.

All doctors are suggesting that an FUE can extract about 2200 - 2800 grafts, and 3000 - 3500 FUT method.

At this point. I need some suggestions on which doctor can get be the best results based on a Norwood V - VI pattern.

If I choose to do future transplant, is it preferable to do FUT first and then FUE later? This is going to be my first HT and I want to make the best of my donor area, please suggest what would be the best approach.

My goal is to achieve a conservative hairline with decent density than an aggressive hairline but less dense hair. I usually style my hair moderately short e.g. 3-4 size and like to spike the frontal hair.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I totally agree with the doctors recommendation that you need FUE hair transplant surgery...

How can you give such an advice based on this information.

1. Without pics no one cal help the OP

2. It is not even clear if the amout of grafts mentioned are total lifetime grafts or just for 1 session.

If the # of grafts are the total grafts then the TO is not suited for transplantation at all and even more not for FUE.

How can you give such an advice based on this information.

Ha ha - look at Mania1's posting history.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators
Yeah I totally agree with the doctors recommendation that you need FUE hair transplant surgery...

I have already asked you, so this will be my last time change your avatar. If you want to continue to be a part of this community you have to follow our guidelines. This is not a platform for free promotion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you want to continue to be a part of this community you have to follow our guidelines. This is not a platform for free promotion.

I've been calling that guy out since day one - he never once revisits his hit and run posts. He is the literal definition of non-sequiters.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

In my own opinion, FUT is not a good choice for someone heading to NW6, its an old fashion technique and maybe best option for Docs who arent that good in FUE.

FUE these days has developed a lot and has great yield and if you ever decided to quit the battle you can simple shave your head without dealing with a funny scar back of your head just like what we have unfortunately.

I strongly recommend you to check out Dr. Bhatti. He is extremely talented and have seen real results from him and I really love his approach and philosophies. Plus his rates are outstanding and so reasonable. He is a doctor who really knows how to listen plus he knows how to use Beard hair very well as you may need it in the future when you run out of grafts in your donor area. So he would be a great choice for long term planning.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 1 month later...

Honestly, you should check with Dr Bhatti. Your donor will probably need spread out extractions via FUE.  It doesnt look too dense.  That’s a lot of real estate to cover.  As long as you are ok with realistic expectations with the number of grafts proposed, you should only then consider surgery.  

I would definitely avoid any extraction in the nape hair area.  The thinner the hair, the unlikelihood of surviving an extraction.  Nape hair seems to look very unnatural too (if it survives), so definitely avoid those hairs.  

Best thing you got going on right now is that you have a virgin scalp.  Once you start the journey, that’s it.  Some folks are still trying to finish their journey after multiple procedures.  Fml

• Administrators

You’re definitely a difficult case, if you wanted to maximize your donor you would do strip first then go FUE. I suggest looking at our surgeon review section and consult with some of the surgeons you like the best. You could also look at our recommended list of pre-screened doctors

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...

I have finally decided to do my hair transplant. I went to Darlingbuds of Dr.Bhatti to perform the hair transplant.

Total of 2476 was used in my surgery to build my hairline and some coverage in mid scalp.

Here are some photos from the day of surgery on 9th Oct, 2018.

20181008_172036.jpg

20181009_152826.jpg

20181009_170619.jpg