Dr. Nadimi Procedure Scheduled for 7-20-18

Hey hairshoping .. thanks for sharing ur ht journey.  I’m sure u n ur doctor discussed a game plan for u.. the graft count is low for a high Norwood .. but hey u already said there’s potential for a future transplant next year, to add density n address and maybe address the crown also .. 

- n also what gas was saying wasn’t too negative or anything , he had good intentions .. it just made the op feel uncomfortable, he just had surgery , last thing he wants is to second guess his doctor .. keep us updated on ur progress..

thanks 

• Like 3

@HairsHopingis only about 7 days out from his procedure. Give him the time to heal. Putting negative comments out there doesn't help him nor will it inspire him or others to post. What's done is done so be supportive of the patient. Everyone who has had a procedure typically has a roller coaster of emotions.. did I go to the right doctor..did I get enough grafts.. did I sleep the right way.. am I taking enough precautions.. the list is endless. Most patients won't find support from knowledgeable ppl in their real lives so they come here for support. So as members on this board, give him the support he needs now and the support he will need over the months to come.

• Like 3

July 2017 - Dr Cooley - 2575 grafts

1 minute ago, forgotpassword said:

@HairsHopingis only about 7 days out from his procedure. Give him the time to heal. Putting negative comments out there doesn't help him nor will it inspire him or others to post. What's done is done so be supportive of the patient. Everyone who has had a procedure typically has a roller coaster of emotions.. did I go to the right doctor..did I get enough grafts.. did I sleep the right way.. am I taking enough precautions.. the list is endless. Most patients won't find support from knowledgeable ppl in their real lives so they come here for support. So as members on this board, give him the support he needs now and the support he will need over the months to come.

Everyone wants him to get a result he is happy with, everyone acknowledges the work looks good, but a board that's informative and not just white noise of blind praise is without a doubt more useful to people and other potential patients. I guarantee future patients will read this thread and find the discussion more useful than just a bunch of people saying "looks great!". 

I understand Gas' input on topic and I can appreciate the fact that it's not his intention to dishearten me or cause me to questions my or my doctor's decisions - particularly because comments of that nature serve no real purpose at this point. Regardless, like I mentioned in my original post, my NW is high with the potential to go higher. I'm on fin and minox to try to stabilize loss. Because of the high NW potential, I want to make the most of my donor supply and not go too dense too quickly and I'm willing to be patient and work with my doctor to get it right. 

I've seen her results, I trust her judgment with respect to density and I respect her judgment with respect to tailoring her decisions with respect to hairline conservativeness and design. Ultimately, I like the way it looks now and I'm excited to see how it grows in, but I know there's a long road ahead of me before I get an idea of the final result. 

Regardless, what I was hoping this threat DID NOT turn into was a commentary on how the rest of the forum compares american doctors to turkish doctors. My decisions have all been made, the procedure is done, and I'm hoping for the best. This thread was created to document my experience and answer questions about my experience. That being said, while some information is available to me - # grafts, etc., certain info is not - whether doubles were bisected to create singles. 

Like a few have mentioned - this is a first time HT for me, I'm nervous about everything from losing grafts to going to work and wondering if anyone is going to notice I had something done. I've done everything I can to comply with all of my doc's post-op recovery guidelines and I'm optimistic. As a result, I'm probably hypersensitive to criticism and negativity. 

Regardless, given my case, I'm fully aware that this isn't a one-and-done procedure for me. My efforts towards being happy with my appearance are going to be the very definition of a journey. I only ask that posters on this thread respect and understand that before commenting.

Thanks. 

• Like 4

Anyway, getting back to it. Here is one pre-op (taken about a month before procedure - sorry I avoid the camera like the plague - if I can find more, I'll post more). Also, the remaining photos are from today, 7 days post-op.

IMG_1543.thumb.jpg.df4256223a7233f928d02f9b31c820f1.jpgIMG_1546.thumb.jpg.9ede3429621b92dd62baa307bade95bb.jpgIMG_1545.thumb.jpg.e0dac157994b33ef7d86cd3d5155bd42.jpgIMG_1548.thumb.jpg.bbe7af74433494d9c162f7e79b95e15c.jpgIMG_1547.thumb.jpg.79c1dc69cce6251837b142cca19eb8db.jpgIMG_1544.thumb.jpg.de2200a75699f7f508d2226b5281e470.jpgIMG_1490.thumb.jpg.9c28208a8de375015f70dc7e30ecaac7.jpg

• Administrators

Thanks for the pre-op photo, it will be a definite improvement from your current hair without a doubt. Please keep us updated on your progress. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hello Hairshoping,

Thank you very much for your thread. I think it looks great. I will be following along on your journey as I have an fue booked with Dr Konior. I think 1500 is a great number to stick with per surgery, but that is just a personal opinion. From the little info that is out there on Dr. Nadimi she seems to do very clean work. I think you made a good choice.

Thanks again and please don't disappear on us.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

today is about, what, 117 days post op? I think Tuesday is four months. Things are going well. I think there was some early growth at about 3 months, but it’s still early. Here’s a pre-op taken about a year ago and then one taken about 115 days post op. Lighting conditions are a little varied but, I think it shows the progress. In better light it looks much fuller, but I’m looking forward to seeing what months four through six bring. It’s definitely moving in a positive direction. No numbness or redness anymore. No post op issues whatsoever. This is also in conjunction with being on fin since May of this year. 

CF17D1F2-1426-4B66-B954-FF31E84D55D4.jpeg

FF1E58D2-0666-4A5C-BCBA-76494BEDC6EC.jpeg

This is only 4 months on a slick bald scalp and only 1500 I'd day you are looking fantastic man, Naidimi seems really talented in making the grafts go a long way, and I think it is way more ethical going conservative than cramming as many grafts in there as possible and hoping for the best

On 7/27/2018 at 2:09 PM, Gasthoerer said:

Sorry to hear that I am bothering you that much. I did not want you to give you a bad feeling about your decision. I know it is a though time after a transplant (the waiting and all).

Your chose a great clinic (from what we know and have seen so far). I think they have a great plan, which maybe I just do not yet fully understand. Hopefully, you will have great results. I wish it to you like I wish to anyone.

Still it is a strange (=non-standard) case and maybe I sound overly aggresive due to beeing a non native speaker. I just wanted to warn people that 1500 FU for the entire frontal third might be on the lower end and you need a great plan or good reason behind it.

Will leave your thread for a while and just follow in silence, as I want you to keep posting your resul

Edited by HarryHonolulu

On 7/27/2018 at 12:49 PM, Gasthoerer said:

Sorry, you did not get what I mean. I am not saying that you or anyone would not compliment guys for a great transplant in turkey. BUT: If another clinic would come up with this plan (huge are but only 1500 FU) there would be no compliments.

Well the difference is 97 percent of the surgeons in Turkey are garbage versus one of the most well-respected clinics in the world. I mean, do you really need that laid out for you?

OP, looking good....this is right around the time the good growth happens. I bet you will be looking good by the start of February.

Edited by matt3480
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, matt3480 said:

Well the difference is 97 percent of the surgeons in Turkey are garbage versus one of the most well-respected clinics in the world. I mean, do you really need that laid out for you?

OP, looking good....this is right around the time the good growth happens. I bet you will be looking good by the start of February.

Funny that Naidimi gets scrutinized making 1500 grafts look like 2000 while theres complete silence when turkish clinics consistently make 4000 grafts look like 2000 or less. 

OP did Naidimi have her results somewhere online as well? Was Konoir present at all during the process?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Payam said:

Funny that Naidimi gets scrutinized making 1500 grafts look like 2000 while theres complete silence when turkish clinics consistently make 4000 grafts look like 2000 or less. 

OP did Naidimi have her results somewhere online as well? Was Konoir present at all during the process?

Huh? I wasn’t criticizing Nadimi. I was criticizing Turkish clinics.

10 hours ago, matt3480 said:

The OP specifically asked not to dicuss this topic anymore in here and I promised not post for that reason. Very classy move to start this dicussion in here again. Besides: If you would have read the entire thread you would understand that I do NOT "need that laid out for me". But thanks again for this friendly offer.

@OP: You appear on track and it seems that the worst time is behind you. Grow well.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Any updates @HairsHoping ?

Should be almost 6 months, is that right?

I have not seen many results by Dr Nadimi and being in a similar post op position as you hair wise any updates would be really helpful. 

Thanks!

X2, how's it coming along Hairshoping?