Advice on finding a UK surgeon.

Hi,

I am currently going through the process of trying to find a good clinic and doctor/surgeon to perform a FUE transplant for my hairline, I have been told to get the results I want to achieve will require around 2100 grafts this has been from 4 consultations none of which are affiliated in any way and they all seem roughly on the same page.

I have been for a consultation with the private clinic this is by far my favourite to use Dr Reddy but the way they price per hair rather than per graft firstly makes no sense to me, and secondly is double the price compared to most other places as they quoted for 4000 hairs.

I went to one with the uk hair transplant clinics, their money back or free re-treatment offer seems fair enough but the fact they advertise this puts me off, they have three surgeons who have very little information out there about them, one of them that they seem to only be using in London is Dr Mir Malkani someone I am considering having a consultation with personally as the photos I have seen of his work seem pretty impressive but with this industry everything just appears to be smoke and mirrors, I read some bad reviews about him but this was from 8/9 years ago and with him still being in the profession you would expect by now he must be doing something right or no one would use him?

Whilst discussing UKHT Clinics I saw a video on youtube of Dr Vikas Kunnure he showed before and after photos/videos as well as during the operation/post op and I could see Dr Vikas Kunnure in the background and he pointed him out as his surgeon for the day and the results seem good although the guy making the video just appears very affiliated to them as he is trying to get people to email him to get the information on the clinic/surgeon and wont say in the video/comments/respond to viewers so these are for someone in my position red flags granted the work looks great and this doctor is amongst my top 5 at the moment and I may travel up to where he is based for a consultation with him has anyone on here had any experience with Dr Vikas Kunnure?

Other options are Wimpole clinic with Michael May, he has some horrendous reviews on here from what I found, something I read about his assistant operating on a 17 year old boy put me off of this massively yet like all the others he claims to have done 200,000 procedures and has perfect results.

Another doctor I have been looking into a lot lately is Dr. Mark Tam his work from what I can find looks impressive but there seems to be nothing out there from people giving reviews on their experience with him, I have tried to contact his office from the number provided on his website but have not been successful in getting through, hes also affiliated with the private clinic it would appear and this is going to be the same case as Dr Reddy with the price being per hair.

Dr Greg Williams from the Farjo is the one who performs FUE at the Harley street London clinic I see a lot of good things about Farjo but I cant find much on their results or anything on Dr Williams who covers the south of the UK for them does he live up to the Farjo name that I see everyone recommending solely for the UK?

I would prefer not to go abroad but if I did it would likely be to see Dr Erdogan as he has a lot of photos of his work, before, post op and final results and everything seems fantastic from what he does but I would prefer not to leave the UK, he also seems to be cheaper than the UK surgeons/clinics which is mind blowing if only he was closer or did surgeries in the UK...

Any insight would be appreciated, I have also looked into Harley Street hair clinic, they don't seem to advertise their surgeons so I have no idea who they use I have seen some results on youtube but the guy is also on their website adverts so stuff like that always puts me off.

• Administrators

We recommend Dr. Farjo and Dr. Reddy, both have a proven track record of providing excellent results. With that said, don’t limit yourself by geographic location go by results.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have been for a consultation with the private clinic this is by far my favourite to use Dr Reddy but the way they price per hair rather than per graft firstly makes no sense to me, and secondly is double the price compared to most other places as they quoted for 4000 hairs.

I am also looking for someone in the UK but have a consultation with Bisanga in London this weekend. I was going to go with Reddy but got a really rude reply from his PA when I questioned the pricing structure. I told the doctor directly but never got a reply so they lost my business. Shame.

Have you not consulted with the Maitland Clinic? They consistently achieve world class results.

If your in the UK and are wanting surgery here then imo it's a no brainer dude, you really should consult with them.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way shape or form but i will say i have seen many results in person from various clinics/doctors around the world and the work being produced by Dr Ball and the team at Maitland is on par with the very best there is dude.

Anyway i wish you luck in whomever you decide to go with pal.

Best wishes BN

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve been seeing a lot of plugs for Dr. Ball lately however to be honest, I have not seen much of his work. I am interested however, in exploring it now that several members have claimed that his work is on par with other leading surgeons. But like anything else, we like to be thorough in researching physicians before we recommend them to our community.

That said, when I do know is that Dr. Farjo and Dr. Reddy are absolutely outstanding and have proven themselves for years now posting dozens of examples of their first rate results on this forum. Both of them are recommended by this community and Dr. Farjo is a highly esteemed member of the coalition of independent hair restoration physicians. My opinion, I would definitely consult with one or both of them and then select the one that you are impressed with the most. You can view their profiles by selecting their name in the drop-down box in the right hand side bar of this forum. As for Dr. Ball, I haven’t seen enough of his work or results just say one thing or another at this time.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dr Ball is on my list, I am going to be having a consultation with his clinic soon but he is also very expensive ?5/Graft is the same price almost as Reddy just priced differently.

Also have a consultation coming up with Harley Street Hair Clinic, understand that Spex consulted for them before and recommended them?

I like the photos I have seen of Dr Mir Malkanis work but they could be anyones work, if they are his the results are excellent sadly this industry has so much smoke and mirrors if what I have seen this guy is an excellent surgeon can anyone on here share anything on this? I found on here a couple of bad reviews on here but they were from a long time ago and when asked he said they were probably just from rival clinics and denies ever working for KSL but said he has had misunderstandings with Wimple and other clinics in the UK, yet Wimple when I had a consultation with them said the same thing but that he was an excellent hair surgeon.

I think around ?5 a graft is what you are looking at from the best clinics/surgeons in the UK operating on a 1 patient per day basis. Some might have a structure that reduces that figure when you go beyond a certain graft number, so they might look more competitive for the bigger FUE jobs, but beyond that, it looked like the only way to find significantly cheaper in the UK is to compromise on quality or approach I.e by having techs do more of the work or a surgeon running back and forth between you and some dude in a chair in another room - I’ve read so many reviews from people who experienced exactly that for a cheap hair transplant and to a man.......they all seemed to regret it.

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators
7 hours ago, Jamie83 said:

Who did you go with in the end? 

This is a three year old thread. I doubt he’s gonna respond. I spoke to Dr. Reddy via Instagram, very ethical and a great choice. Since then we’ve added Dr. Arshad, another fantastic option in the UK. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.