Am i going to get bald? (recending/mature hairline)

Rykushai

This is my first time posting, first of all i am a 19yrs old male, i didn't had nor i don't have a bald familly member as much as i know. So i just wanna know do i have a recending/mature hairline or i don't? Please do explain the differences between these 2, how does the process work, is it genetic, not that i say having a recending hairline means that ur bald but it does cause hairloss. Also i have to mention, my hair its very thick and thin without any volume.

20180516_180724.thumb.jpg.12971fab5bea15083d49be67c75fd7e0.jpg

20180516_181207.thumb.jpg.8d362588d40d51a097e2863de4bcd9ff.jpg

20180516_181245.thumb.jpg.accf252173368611f50435e1dde47c62.jpg

20180516_181626.thumb.jpg.481a5686c99c1ad3eeb3328946fef125.jpg

You do not appear to have a receding hairline, thinning or miniaturisation on the hairline. I would look to your mothers dad and your uncles, if you have can, to gauge where you are likely to be heading. Nothing is guaranteed though...

I wouldn't worry about this at the moment, just get on with enjoying your life

Hi Rykushai,

If you have no balding relatives, then that's a good sign, no guarantee but a good sign nonetheless.

Comparing photos over the last few years should tell you whether you are receding or not. You are 19 years old so in today's digital age I would probably estimate you have a few thousand selfie pics to choose from.

Get analyzing, let us know if you see any change, post your evidence.

If there is a definite recession, speak to your GP about hair loss preventative medicines (Finasteride/Minoxidil).

All the best.

• Administrators

At this point I don’t see any signs of MPB, now that doesn’t mean you’ll be immune, but at the moment there are no signs. Monitor your hair each year and if you feel you’re losing hair, start taking medication such as rogaine and propecia to maintain your hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You are 19 years old so in today's digital age I would probably estimate you have a few thousand selfie pics to choose from.

This made me chuckle.

I totally agree with the others. No hairloss visible. Monitor over time without letting it become an obsession.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com