"I'm Losing My Hair" Video

Hey Everyone,

I was watching a show on MTV called, "True Life". This episode highlighted two young guys who were in the process of losing their hair.

The first guy is in his early twenties and really doesn't know what to do about his hair loss. His mother found out that "fungus" can lead to hair loss so she took him to a homeopathic doctor. I don't want to give away too much, but the "doctor" has some interesting things to say. I feel sorry for this guy because he's probably going to spend a lot of time and money being deceived by so called experts in the field.

The second guy is in his mid twenties and it looks like he's on his way to losing a lot of hair on the top of his head. He consults with a dermatologist who performs hair transplants and decides to go through with the procedure. My limited knowledge is telling me that this guy, based on his future hair loss, is too young for a procedure right now.

I found this video pretty interesting. I would like to hear what everyone else thinks about this episode. I uploaded the video on YouTube. Here are the links:

I watched ~1 min of the first link. Personally, I don't care for ANY 'reality' tv shows; as their so far fetched from reality and tailored toward a television audience. Young guy losing hair--->mom tells him FUNGUS causes baldnesss--->turned off.

I really don't see anything I could gain or glean from this, other than verification that hair loss is adversely affecting other mens lives.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever scene. I was clueless myself but not enough to think a fungus was causing my hair loss.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I agree. With the advent of the Internet and having so much info at your fingertips, there should be no excuse for someone to be deceived like this.

In the early nineties, I started to lose my hair and I walked into a couple of "hair clinics". I knew absolutely nothing about hair loss, but when they tried to sell me snake oil, I ran out the door.

I can understand being young and desperate, but this kid should go with his gut, not with what his mom is telling him.

The young guy who goes through the hair transplant procedure seems to have a more interesting story. I don't know how he's going to feel in five years---when he has lost even more hair.

It is hard to tell by the video if the second guy's HT surgeon was good or not. But they didn't even discuss (on tape at least) Propecia!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I feel pity on Andy

same here!!!

i'll go even further and say that that woman should be shot and killed execution style ASAP and if that's too much then lock her ass up in jail for at least 10 years. i doubt that she's even a real MD!!!

but then who would take care of her lovely animal farm that's behind her house?

thanks for posting the links KP!!!!