FAO BILL- Ximena Vila- Lorenzo's partner starting her own clinic

Hi Bill,

I've been following this forum for years and Dr Lorenzo has always stood out as being one of the best FUE surgeons. I first heard of him when he came to the UK and was recommended here. I'm aware he doesn't want to be part of this community as he has plenty of patients in Spain already - hence his waiting list is 10months.

For the last few years I've been following the Spanish forums and I have also seen very good results from Dr Ximena Vila, who has been working alongside Lorenzo since 2009.

She is also very good and I've seen that her hairlines are more youthful than lorenzos.

Her new website, which is still under construction is ximenavila.com

Bill, do you think it would be worth approaching her for recommendation as she will be looking for clients? Just a thought.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• 5 months later...
On 5/13/2018 at 9:30 PM, splitting hairs said:

Hi Bill,

I've been following this forum for years and Dr Lorenzo has always stood out as being one of the best FUE surgeons. I first heard of him when he came to the UK and was recommended here. I'm aware he doesn't want to be part of this community as he has plenty of patients in Spain already - hence his waiting list is 10months.

For the last few years I've been following the Spanish forums and I have also seen very good results from Dr Ximena Vila, who has been working alongside Lorenzo since 2009.

She is also very good and I've seen that her hairlines are more youthful than lorenzos.

Her new website, which is still under construction is ximenavila.com

Bill, do you think it would be worth approaching her for recommendation as she will be looking for clients? Just a thought.

Hopefully come February of 2019 I can provide the evidence of her work, booked in for late January. I get the feeling she will book out very quickly given her results working with Lorenzo & pricing. 

Splitting hairs,

I apologize for my delayed response as I am just seeing this topic. Dr. Lorenzo was recommended sheer while he was in UK but you are correct,  when he went back to Spain, he decided that he would take a break from all four I’m communities. However, the last I spoke with him he did express interest in being recommended again however, when I followed up with him, I didn’t hear back again. 

I appreciate you recommending that we consider Dr. Vila for recommendation. If you happen to have any contact info for her,  please send me a private message with that info. I will reach out to her and attempt to learn more. 

Best wishes,

Bill

On 11/20/2018 at 2:30 AM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Splitting hairs,

I apologize for my delayed response as I am just seeing this topic. Dr. Lorenzo was recommended sheer while he was in UK but you are correct,  when he went back to Spain, he decided that he would take a break from all four I’m communities. However, the last I spoke with him he did express interest in being recommended again however, when I followed up with him, I didn’t hear back again. 

I appreciate you recommending that we consider Dr. Vila for recommendation. If you happen to have any contact info for her,  please send me a private message with that info. I will reach out to her and attempt to learn more. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill

I’m scheduled for a HT late January with Dr Vila so will hopefully keep the forum informed, she did Lorenzo’s hair transplants. Suppose if she’s good enough for him then I’ll take that. I believe a doctor called Bruno Ferrari from Portugal has replaced her at Dr Lorenzo’s practice.

Raker

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Raker said:

Bill

I’m scheduled for a HT late January with Dr Vila so will hopefully keep the forum informed, she did Lorenzo’s hair transplants. Suppose if she’s good enough for him then I’ll take that. I believe a doctor called Bruno Ferrari from Portugal has replaced her at Dr Lorenzo’s practice.

Raker

Please create a thread of your journey. Ultimately, there is no replacement for unbiased reviews, wish you well happy growing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/22/2018 at 4:09 AM, TrixGlendevon said:

She charges 2.5 euros per graft which is amazing value. She is very quick getting back to emails too and also replies herself. She had quite a long wait for in-person consultations. She is based in Madrid. She only does FUE.

Thanks Trix.

I've been trying for a couple of years to get  a HT with Lorenzo but can't ever make the dates work. Dr Vila might be another alternative, seeing as, if I remember right, more recently he wouldn't guarantee who did how much of the operation (i.e. could be him or Vila).

• 8 months later...
On 11/23/2018 at 9:55 PM, Raker said:

Bill

Raker

The doctor that replaced Ximena Vila is called Bruno Ferreira he has a website with his name.

He doesn’t have his own clinic but he does HT in Porto - Portugal in a third party clinic. 

I can’t see any results from him online but maybe they will start popping up in the future as I guess his prices in Portugal should be much cheaper than Ximena Vila. 

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators
Just now, pc131 said:

could you link these spanish forum?

We do not allow links, so please send a private message. I believe it is called recepurar pelo but I may be wrong.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.