Erdogan shot me down need help figuring what to do next ?

Markee

After maybe 10yrs on the forums struggling to settle on which doctor to go with finally got it together got my brain straight ready to actually go have the procedure done did my consult with Erdogan and boom he shoots me down says I'm not a good candidate because I have miniaturized hair ? WTF is miniaturized hair never even heard of it ?

Looking for advice feedback trying to figure out my next move? Thinking about calling Erdogans office and trying to discuss my situation with them has anyone even called in to them wondering do they have someone there speaking English well enough to talk to ?

Anyways here's what there reply was below.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your interest in our services. We have studied the information and the pictures you sent us and Dr. Koray has indicated that you are not recommended to undergo a hair transplant surgery. You have miniaturized hair, but you do not have a very high hair loss. The recommandation would be for you to continue with the Finasteride, this will help you with your miniaturized hair, by making it stronger and stop losing it. If we would perform the hair transplantation the result would not be a satisfying one, given that you will not be halppy with the result, while with the medication the result will be more successful.

Thank you again for your interest in our services,

Regards,

Here's a couple of the pictures i sent him

1.thumb.jpg.9ff2c76f4d3bbce6daebacaa7fa84dfe.jpg

IMG_20180510_030419.thumb.jpg.6c9630d8739c7df364487b1b29c8e0a0.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.8b981fc5d3168abc3e06cb1316d1dc50.jpg

5b32fbcadb4df_IMG_20171025_230711(002).thumb.jpg.f816767c0ec3eb8b52369493c7f3ffed.jpg

• Administrators

Were these the same photos you presented to Dr. Erdogan? The biggest issue is that the photo of your donor has a shadow over it, so its unclear what your donor area really looks like, try and take a photo in natural lighting. It's important that you don't stand behind a light source because that creates a shadow.

Below is an example of a photo that could be submitted to a hair restoration surgeon for evaluation, try and stay away from taking any photos with flash, because flash photos are not a good representation of true density. I recommend re-taking proper photographs in better lighting and re-submitting them for evaluation.

IMG_0043.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yeah actually this is the second time I've sent him pictures about 7 months ago i sent him pictures under better light and he shot me down with the same similar minaturized hair mess and also recommended Fin

So this time I took a shot at a different lighting approach trying to make it look as if after being on the Fin now for over a year my hair had thickened up. Actually Fins not working for me and hair loss is just getting worse head is ripe and my and brain is ready to get the HT Sucks he keeps shooting me down don't really an alternative doctor was set on using Erdoğan

Below is some of the pictures I sent him last time and his past reply back to me

Whats up with the minaturized hair? Never heard that before

After analyzing your photos Dr. Koray Erdoğan found that you have high precentile of minaturized hair. The surgery at this stage can cause shock loss.

Therefore Dr. Koray Erdogan recommends Finasteride to give strength to your hair and increase density.

It might help you increase thickness and density of the existing hair. The hair is going to grow stronger and thicker.

image_1517564655_16.thumb.jpg.a726313e34054910883b9609a64effcd.jpg

back.jpg.9ef26952deae9cb672bb490ce73e90b9.jpg

Right.jpg.736e3bbc706f38f42f13e211513844ca.jpg

Miniaturised hair is a very common terminology used in hair transplant literature describing a DHT affected hair. I am surprised you haven’t known about in all these years.

In individuals with healthy follicles, hair growth will follow the cycle of growth, rest, and shedding for the entirety of one’s life. This means a full head of hair with little to no thinning or loss.

In those with hair miniaturization, the cycle is interrupted for one reason or another.

The two most common interruptions occur during the anagen phase of growth (typically experienced by those with Male-Pattern Baldness (MPB)) and the telogen phase of growth (known as telogen effluvium, and triggered by a number of causes).

These interruptions can lead to shortening of the hair strands and constricting of the follicles, and this eventually leads to hair thinning and loss. MPB is caused by sensitivity to androgen hormone DHT. This sensitivity leads to irritation and inflammation of the follicle, and eventually contributes directly to hair miniaturization.

In simplest terms, hair miniaturization is shrinking of the hair strand – and, eventually, the hair follicle.

Generally, you will be able to see a clear difference between a miniaturised hair and a healthy hair. It’s as apparent as a difference between a malnutrioned person and a healthy person.

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

As to why Erdogan has refused to operate on you, is because, these miniaturised hair are so weak, they would not able to handle the trauma caused by a surgery. A normal, healthy hair lost due to trauma will come back in its next growth cycle. But, the miniaturised ones have had their knockout punch. They are lost forever.

As you must know already, most doctors advise their patients to be on Fin for a certain period before they operate. This is because, Fin helps in improving the health of the miniaturised hair. Thus, minimising the loss of hair permanently due to trauma from the surgery.

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Well this is quite interesting. Because i recived almost identical reply if not the same one. But my pictures sucked and his conclusion about mine was wrong.

But yes, your hair are very diffuse allover the head with miniaturised hair.

• Administrators
Yeah actually this is the second time I've sent him pictures about 7 months ago i sent him pictures under better light and he shot me down with the same similar minaturized hair mess and also recommended Fin

So this time I took a shot at a different lighting approach trying to make it look as if after being on the Fin now for over a year my hair had thickened up. Actually Fins not working for me and hair loss is just getting worse head is ripe and my and brain is ready to get the HT Sucks he keeps shooting me down don't really an alternative doctor was set on using Erdoğan

Below is some of the pictures I sent him last time and his past reply back to me

Whats up with the minaturized hair? Never heard that before

After analyzing your photos Dr. Koray Erdoğan found that you have high precentile of minaturized hair. The surgery at this stage can cause shock loss.

Therefore Dr. Koray Erdogan recommends Finasteride to give strength to your hair and increase density.

It might help you increase thickness and density of the existing hair. The hair is going to grow stronger and thicker.

You appear to have Diffused Unpatterned Alopecia, this makes it so that you're a difficult Hair Transplant patient, because all of the hair on your head is miniaturizing. Are you on TRT? Are you taking any aromatase inhibitors? if so have you disclosed any of this to the surgeons?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Are you on TRT? Are you taking any aromatase inhibitors?

If memory serves me correctly, he stated in an earlier thread he is or has been on testosterone replacement therapy. Melvin does testosterone replacement therapy cause diffuse balding?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Below posted some links just a small sample of many of Erdogan's previous cases people with all stages of loss including diffusion or as they say miniaturized hairs many much worse then me

To me this miniaturized hair argument in my case doesn't seem to make alot of sense Unless he feels staying on Fin longer will strengthen up remaining hairs?

But I'm not seeing that I've been on that crap for like a year already and don't really see that happening in fact I've lost more hair in the past year then in the past

Anyways since my donor area is strong and not seeing miniaturized hairs in there what does it matter I mean hes going to tight pack 5k graphs right over the whole defusing area anyways like he does in almost all his similar cases many which have alot less hair some with none at all up there

https://www.hairtransplantfue.org/asmed-hair-transplant-result/norwood-5-before-and-after

https://www.hairtransplantfue.org/asmed-hair-transplant-result/norwood-4-before-and-after

https://www.hairtransplantfue.org/asmed-hair-transplant-result/norwood-3-vertex-before-and-after

Edited by Markee

Yes I'm on HRT for around 15yrs already Testosterone and HCG under one of the best doctors supervision have blood work done every 6months on my last blood work my DHT levels were low normal 26 from taking Fin no ides how that translates to the levels on mt head

The Fin is what originally messed me up in the first place to get my on the HRT but thats a story for another day

Anyways at this point I'm desperate enough with my hair to go back on that crap again luckily its not making things worse the damage it did to me in the first place is always done

Edited by Markee

• Administrators

The issue I believe is that your donor may have miniaturization, now that may just be the pictures, but I don't see a strong demarcation line. The demarcation line separates the donor zone from the recipient zone. I have attached a picture of myself, which I also had diffused loss, but you can see a clear demarcation line of the hairs that are being affected by DHT and the ones that are resistant.

Have you thought about perhaps switching to Dutasteride? Finasteride only inhibits type 2 enzyme which is mainly DHT found in the prostate, where as Dutasteride inhibits both Type 1 and Type 2. Type 1 enzyme is mostly found in the sebaceous glands(glands that secrete oil in to hair follicles), liver and skin. Which means Dutasteride theoretically should be more effective for hair loss. Generally, I wouldn't advise anyone to take such a powerful androgen inhibitor, but given your age and the fact that you are on HRT, it may be something to speak to your doctor about.

fullsizeoutput_6.jpeg

View my thread

Thanks for the reply's

I just had a local inperson consult with Dr. Glenn Charles here in Boca Raton Florida not even a week ago and he didn't see any miniaturization donor hair issues he looked though my head with the magnifying glasses and said my donor area looks strong and good to go

Thinking maybe were over analyzing things a little with this demarcation line separations?

Hair loss comes in all shapes and sizes some have more and some have a less distinct separation or as you said demarcation line separating the donor zone from the recipient zones

I'm 59yrs old been loosing my hair very slowly since my late 20s its finally getting to the point where its becoming more noticeable and difficult to camouflage thinking I want to get something done while I"m young enough to enjoy it

The Dutasteride is maybe not a bad idea whats the typical dose people are taking of the stuff ?

• Administrators

Well if you had an in person consultation with Dr. Glenn Charles, and he said you have no miniaturization in the donor zone than you should be good to go. However, you may want to look at other surgeons if Dr. Erdogan does not want to take on your case. I see that he’s told you no twice, at this point it’s best to look elsewhere. Most start off taking 1mg per week whilst phasing out finasteride. Of course specific dosages is something you’ll want to discuss with your doctor.

View my thread

Could really use some help narrowing down choosing some alternatives ??

Feeling a bit lost now not knowing my next move and who to consider as an alternative ??

Took a long long time to settle on a doctor and for me it was really a struggle

Now its like back to square one again :(

What other doctors can compare with Erdogan based on these key factors?

1. His Record : Maybe 100% satisfaction I don't think you can find another doctor with as positive a record you'd be hard pressed to find anyone not extremely satisfied with there results including everyone that sees them.

2. Results : His results he always seems to hit it right

3. Price : Price at-least something close not double

• Administrators

Dr. Konoir, Dr. Diep, Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Rahal, H&W, Dr. Lupunzula, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Maras, those are just to name a few. I believe Dr. Maras at HDC clinic is close to Dr. Erdogan’s price range. Dr. Erdogan is a great surgeon, but this community recommends other surgeons that are also great.

View my thread

Well i must say that your case is truly dificult. Problem is that you are thinning allover the head and hair transplant needs to be done on that area. Problem is that not enough donor hair will be able cover spots in with shock loss may accure on native hairs that are miniaturized. I saw few cases of dr Arocha who operate simular cases to yours.

Second thing is that online consultation sucks... I said that before Erdogan refused to operate me he said(or rather his assistents said that, i don't know) that i don't have hair loss at all just miniaturization, with is nonsens.Dr Feriduni based on the same pictures(with i admit were not best ones, my mistake) calculate 800-1200 grafs on hairline itself only. He said that crown should not be done before i hit 35, however i am confident that nothing much will change. Anyway, i am giving myself another two ears, because i need to save money. And i will try to do as much face to face consultation with my chosen doctors

Yeah I'm lost don't really know what to do at this point had my mind set on Erdogan

Trying to change gears now and choice a different doctor is not going to be an easy task for me

Hoping some more helpful advice suggestions come out of this thread to help me narrow things down

Edited by Markee

It might be good to get a few consultations beyond what you have had and see what the general consensus is before you commit to any surgery (or not). I am sorry you are having a tough go of it, but you really need to be certain about what to do before embarking on something you cannot undo.

Hey Markee,

I'm going to follow up with you over DM; you and I are in similar boat!

But most importantly, given your case history and current situation, I highly suggest you consult with Dr.Cooley. Not just a great surgeon, but incredibly knowledgable dermatologist. He will help you, I am sure of it!