Dr. Bisanga, BHR Clinic - Plugs removal

2014%20LOGO-2_zpsdcgfcjqo.jpg

BHR Clinic

Dr. Christian BISANGA

Technique: Plugs removal

This young patient had a small strip procedure in another clinic to cover his temples. As a result, he ended up with very visible plugs and damaged skin.

In order to return go back to normality he wanted to remove those grafts.

The plan was to do it in one procedure, but when he arrived to the clinic, one of the temples was affected by severe folliculitis. Thus Dr. Bisanga decided to work in just one of the temples and gave medical treatment for the other one, which was treated a few months after.

Here you can see the pictures of the process:

tn_IMG_9918_zpsc8dww5qm.jpg

tn_IMG_9927_zpslg0vzhoi.jpg

07.%2012%20Meses_zps0xm8eerd.jpg

0-12 Months

08.%20Before%20-%20After_zpsofv7avdc.jpg

This temple was done on a 2nd procedure 4 months later due to folliculitis:

tn_IMG_9914_zps30o0lgso.jpg

02.%20Post-Op_zpsmhydqqix.jpg

06.%208%20Meses_zpsdrwpatul.jpg

05.%208%20Meses_zps4cawfs5u.jpg

0-8 Months

07.%20Before%20-%20After%208%20Months_zpswdn5hxrh.jpg

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
Why did Dr. Bisanga choose surgery over electrolysis to remove the grafts?

Good question. My first thought was redistribution but I’d also like to know the actual reason for removal.

• Valued Contributor

Wow. What an unfortunate scar. It’s a shame what some clinics are doing in this day and age. I hope the patient comes back once everything reaches maturity. I’d love a follow up with the final results of this particular procedure.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Wow that scar is one of the widest I’ve seen. Unfortunate situation for the patient, I’m glad he did his research afterwards and went to Dr. Bisanga.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the comments. Really appreciated.

The patient asked to rebuild temples afterwards, but Dr. Bisanga advised him to wait for a few years and see how his baldness advances in the future.

He was young so main priority for Dr. B was giving him a normal look again.

Kind regards,

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

There is some obvious scaring in these areas though

1.Did the scaring improve over time? do you have any photos of how it looks now?

2.The plugs removed were 2-3 grafts or biger?

2 hours ago, sl said:

Yes the patient healed well as shown in the above photos and this only gets better. He never came back for temple restoration as above as we said to wait and see how the loss goes as he was young and in hindsight that was a good choice. 

I myself never dealt with this patient due to his nationality but the patient has skin issues prior as above written on the original post  "As a result, he ended up with very visible plugs and damaged skin from his surgery", and also had severe folliculitis as evident in the photos.

When we punch out it usually heals very well from all of our punch-out sessions and also improves more and more in time and many have attested to. No clinic will promise no scarring when you punch out but in all of my experience since 2009, all have healed well as a result and none have reported scars to be an issue moving on and are able to feel far better about being natural again. This patient reported he had styling options after so was confident for that and no having to hide his plugs.

We do have recent updates of similar cases on other venues and if you email us we can share the links and the patients reported things got better and better as said here.

I have spoken to the rep who dealt with this patient many years ago and he does not have any updates or we would have essentially shared them and he can answer here further any more details regarding this particular surgery and I have invited him to do so.

If a patient has a skin tone that is more prone to scars then electrolysis is a possible option, assuming they do not want to re-use the grafts but we have punched out far larger cases and even used sutures and all have healed well thus far. 

Daniel who posted this thread can answer more as said.

• Like 3

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

56 minutes ago, sl said:

I myself never dealt with this patient due to his nationality but the patient has skin issues prior as above written on the original post  "As a result, he ended up with very visible plugs and damaged skin from his surgery", and also had severe folliculitis as evident in the photos.

When we punch out it usually heals very well from all of our punch-out sessions and also improves more and more in time and many have attested to. No clinic will promise no scarring when you punch out but in all of my experience since 2009, all have healed well as a result and none have reported scars to be an issue moving on and are able to feel far better about being natural again. This patient reported he had styling options after so was confident for that and no having to hide his plugs.

We do have recent updates of similar cases on other venues and if you email us we can share the links and the patients reported things got better and better as said here.

I have spoken to the rep who dealt with this patient many years ago and he does not have any updates or we would have essentially shared them and he can answer here further any more details regarding this particular surgery and I have invited him to do so.

If a patient has a skin tone that is more prone to scars then electrolysis is a possible option, assuming they do not want to re-use the grafts but we have punched out far larger cases and even used sutures and all have healed well thus far. 

Daniel who posted this thread can answer more as said.

Thanks for the answer

considering electrolysis as you mentioned, do you think the leftover scar from the original insicion which appear after the hair is removed by electrolysis, is less prominent than the scar created by FUE extraction?

Edited by JimKan1

Would need to consider the depth of the grafts, angles, density also as if all very close then you need to suture etc and the punch holes join together if unless you do in stages, so a fair few variables to be honest. For large amounts the patients usually go electrolysis if they are not concerned about re using the grafts. Any route will usually take multiple sessions. Also is there pitting or tenting etc that needs to be addressed... 

If I can be of help then email and I'll pass to dr.b to assess.

stephen@bhrclinic.com

Take care 

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Several have reached out to me from seeing this post and I have emailed them all back but want to also advise them to check their spam folders please as we have been having spam issues also, but all have been replied to with more case examples so make sure to check spam. I did reply to all the same day.

I enclose a video that shows Dr.Bisanga actually punching out a low and pluggy hair line and the description about the video I wrote will further help to understand the approach and can be found in the description box under the video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

• Valued Contributor

It's sad to see that this type of repair has become probably the most common one. On a different note at least the plugs didn't contain up to thirteen of more hairs and were removed via a strip excision method as were mine many years ago. Great video and thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Spot on...low hair lines, wrecked donor etc..it is all very sad...Yes you have been through the mill and I really respect the fact you did a video and all..I am really rooting for you on your last surgery...If you ever make it to the UK then let me know please.

• Thanks 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

• Valued Contributor
7 minutes ago, sl said:

Spot on...low hair lines, wrecked donor etc..it is all very sad...Yes you have been through the mill and I really respect the fact you did a video and all..I am really rooting for you on your last surgery...If you ever make it to the UK then let me know please.

🙏🙏🙏👌

• Like 1