2,300 grafts w/ Dr. Bisanga (temple and hairline work)

On 7/15/2018 at 5:48 AM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Kimura,

im concerned that you said you usually post under another login name but are having problems logging in.  What is your other username?  Did you try the forgot password option?  Theres a nite there too about contacting me of you’re having problems logging in.  But I don’t have an email from you.  Send me a private message and let’s get your other account working for you. 

By the way your hair looks fantastic for only 5 months.  

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill, I PM'd you.

Sitting at 5 and a half months now, found an old photo pre-HT on my phone with my receding hairline exposed under bathroom light after a shower (still wet obviously).

Out of curiosity I tried to create the same photo for comparison now with the same conditions and I'm very pleased. The strength of the light isn't quite as strong but you get the picture :)

IMG_0571.JPG

Edited by kimura50

On 7/21/2018 at 11:26 AM, kimura50 said:

Sitting at 5 and a half months now, found an old photo pre-HT on my phone with my receding hairline exposed under bathroom light after a shower (still wet obviously).

Out of curiosity I tried to create the same photo for comparison now with the same conditions and I'm very pleased. The strength of the light isn't quite as strong but you get the picture :)

IMG_0571.JPG

Wow that looks so good! Can i ask, have you been taking minox after your procedure at all, or just fin?

OP, your 5 month results one of the best 5 month results I've ever seen! Looks better than a lot of 7 month results on here. You obviously picked a skilled doctor and took care of your grafts, so I'm sure you will have model looking hair in a few more months. 

For 5 months, that is indeed impressive.  Lets see how it fills in in next 3 months.  Those temporal angle closures definitely make a big difference to the natural look.  Good stuff.  Very few docs are capable of doing that successfully.  That includes some known docs.  

Edited by Sean

Definitely makes me jealous how quick your growth was, especially comparing my (non-existent) 3 month today with yours. Your current situation reminds me of my 7-8 month mark in the first run through, majority of your hair sprouting a month earlier too. Very balanced and aesthetic hairline design too with natural looking temple closure.

2 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

Definitely makes me jealous how quick your growth was, especially comparing my (non-existent) 3 month today with yours. Your current situation reminds me of my 7-8 month mark in the first run through, majority of your hair sprouting a month earlier too. Very balanced and aesthetic hairline design too with natural looking temple closure.

Thanks :) results so far are above and beyond what I ever expected.

• Administrators

Wow quite the mane you got there man, very happy for you. Keep us updated with your progress, I’ll be looking forward to your updates.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:23 AM, Spanker said:

Wow. What a haircut...looks great. 

Thanks Spanker :) if not for the wealth of knowledge you provided over the years with some of my other threads (under old username). I would have jumped into a FUT at 22 years old with a less than stellar surgeon, rather than being patient and doing my due diligence with research first.

• Thanks 1

Official 6 month update. Very happy with my progress.

I'm at a point now where I'm really not worried about my hair at all anymore, I went out the other night and it was windy, raining and one of my friends messed my hair up as a joke, pre-HT I would've been panicking and looking for the nearest bathroom to fix it up. Now it's not a factor at all, it's a good feeling for sure. 

Looking forward to seeing how the next 3 months pans out.

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0836.JPG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Hey man

I'll take some tips on travelling stress free to Europe. I'm scheduled to go to Spain in sept for my ht and I'm quite on edge. Thanks 

I wouldn't say stress free entirely but there are definately things you can do to minimise the stress significantly. Also worth noting Spex did a great article on travelling for HT's (hopefully he sees this and can provide the link). Some tips I can provide from my own experience though, this revolves predominantly around keeping the precious grafts safe and free of any risk to damage.

1. Check in to your flights as early as possible to secure a window seat (preferably near the toilet also so you can pop in to spray the saline on there). if you're lucky enough to get an emergency exit window seat even better.

2. Wear a bandana not a cap. I've travelled previously for vacation and worn a hat through the airports, without fail I've been asked to remove it at check in, customs, immigration and any security checkpoints. With the bandana I was only asked to remove it twice in total at immigration and one security checkpoint, and after mentioning the word surgery they said I can move on without removing. (Though if they insist ask for a private room).

3. Wait until the majority of people have left the plane before getting your luggage and leaving. All you need is a stray elbow or luggage falling on your head to undo all the great work by your surgeon, just stay patient.

4. Buy a decent neck pillow, I got mine from one of the airport shops.

I flew into Belgium on a Monday afternoon, surgery Tuesday, hair wash by Dr Bisanga on Wednesday morning and on a flight back later that day. Unlucky for me my connecting flight home got delayed so I had to stay the night in Singapore, my face was swollen as hell the next day but apart from feeling incredibly self conscience it had no impact. Back home by Friday and the rest is history :)

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2018 at 7:17 AM, jj51702 said:

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

kimura, how was ur sleep before and after after surgery? Did u take anything to help u sleep? Were u able to sleep on the plane?

No real problems with sleeping in the hotels. I don't generally sleep on planes anyway, so I was awake for 95% of my flights apart from nodding off for a few minutes here and there.

• Like 1

Amazing result man, does Bisanga supervise the entire surgery? And do you know how many he does a day? Also what was the price? Comparing this to other results with similar or even more grafts from different surgeons makes me question their claimed graft survival rates.

20 hours ago, Payam said:

Amazing result man, does Bisanga supervise the entire surgery? And do you know how many he does a day? Also what was the price? Comparing this to other results with similar or even more grafts from different surgeons makes me question their claimed graft survival rates.

Bisanga does the punching of the grafts and incisions. His techs did the harvesting and placement, he would pop in and out to make sure it's up to standard as I believe there was one other patient he was operating on that day.

The price was around 9,000 Euros from memory.