2,300 grafts w/ Dr. Bisanga (temple and hairline work)

I usually post under another username but having trouble logging on and I wanted to create a new account and thread anyway for privacy reasons. Just in case you're having some deja vu with some of these photos.

I had FUE surgery with Dr. Bisanga in Belgium about this time 3 months ago. Approx. 2,300 grafts to restore the temples, also reenforce and lower the hairline just slightly. Pre surgery I was about a Norwood 2.5, got on Fin when I was 22 and a NW2 so that helped stabilise things a great deal.

The surgery itself was a breeze (apart from those pesky numbing shots), Dr B is a true professional in every way and I felt 100% safe in his hands. He performed the manual punching on the grafts and incisions himself, while his techs did the graft harvesting and placement under his supervision. He gave me a direct number to contact him on to send him progress photos and if any issues or concerns arise, which I find incredibly helpful.

Graft Breakdown -

1 Hair - 552

2 Hair - 640

3 Hair - 856

4 Hair - 261

On a side note I did a very long trip to Belgium back and forth, and managed to do it successfully and with minimal stress, so if anyone wants tips on how to handle the long haul flights just let me know :)

Edited by kimura50

I basically just hit the 3 month mark a few days ago. I took some photos in natural light on my good mirrorless camera so the detail is clear. I've seen a huge amount of growth compared to last month as you can see above.

Dr Bisanga has reviewed the photos and concurred, and said I could be on my way to a home run result which gives me hope, but I won't get the hopes up to high and remain patient.

These are the latest photos but I'll keep this thread updated as things progress. Keen to get everyone's thoughts on my progress thus far though. Am I tracking along OK?

IMG_8368.thumb.jpg.8cc5f363d5b62cd9cabefd290e48aa3c.jpg

IMG_8369.thumb.jpg.004b363ab5761eda7af63984f670a352.jpg

IMG_8370.thumb.jpg.146fc7c0789c065fc16d8e6d2b86d870.jpg

IMG_8371.thumb.jpg.1320c9bb5b470bd4ba35d35c477075f0.jpg

Ahead of the curve by a month or so and a hair type that will provide very good coverage and density. Should be a very good result.

Ahead of the curve by a month or so and a hair type that will provide very good coverage and density. Should be a very good result.

Thanks :) I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Though on advice from Dr Bisanga I have started using Minoxidil foam on the recepient area twice daily for the past month and a half (and continuing until 6 months), so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

• Administrators

Very clean work, and excellent choice Dr. Bisanga is a great doctor.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Month 4 update. Without overanalyzing there appears to be a little bit more growth between month 3 and now.

I do photography as a hobby and have a pretty decent camera and lense kit. So these are very clear pics taken in good lighting conditions also, as I want to be as transparent about my results as possible.

Keen to get feedback about how I am tracking so far.

IMG_8953.thumb.jpg.e90749cb671e52227655fdba1415ed68.jpg

IMG_8949.thumb.jpg.d961438e9974c30c8659ecd7d94e5e7e.jpg

IMG_8952.thumb.jpg.4ad8099f6482c60b037efa602a5619aa.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just an interesting update as I hit the 5 month mark (proper photos to follow). But I'm at a point already on the left side, where I can style part my hair to expose the hairline and the transplanted hairs are thick enough to blend into my native hair!! 

Comparison photo below for reference, under bright bathroom lighting also. 

The right side still has some catching up to do, but honestly that is what I envisioned the end result being, can't wait to see how it grows out over the coming months.

IMG_0017.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kimura50 said:

29 :)

I have just turned 33 but my situation is worse than yours. I also don't want to take meds and will just shave my head if a surgeon won't operate on me unless I do. The consultations will be interesting. Is there anything in hindsight you wish you had asked before that you didn't in the consultation(s)?

9 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

I have just turned 33 but my situation is worse than yours. I also don't want to take meds and will just shave my head if a surgeon won't operate on me unless I do. The consultations will be interesting. Is there anything in hindsight you wish you had asked before that you didn't in the consultation(s)?

I asked the usual questions you'd expect around the surgery, recovery time, what expect with end result etc.

The one I forgot to ask which I wish I did, and it did leave me a bit uneasy at first until I saw all this early growth. Was the experience level of the techs that he uses for the surgery.

In my case, Dr Bisanga did the punching of the grafts and the incisions. His techs did the harvesting and the placement and Bisanga would pop in every now and then to make sure it's acceptable. They were complete professionals throughout but it was always a question in the back of my mind.

10 minutes ago, kimura50 said:

I asked the usual questions you'd expect around the surgery, recovery time, what expect with end result etc.

The one I forgot to ask which I wish I did, and it did leave me a bit uneasy at first until I saw all this early growth. Was the experience level of the techs that he uses for the surgery.

In my case, Dr Bisanga did the punching of the grafts and the incisions. His techs did the harvesting and the placement and Bisanga would pop in every now and then to make sure it's acceptable. They were complete professionals throughout but it was always a question in the back of my mind.

Good one! I will put it down. I have got what is the role of the technicians but not their experience. Thanks!

Official 5 month update. The only thing concerning me at this stage is that bare spot right in the centre, but still early days so I'm hoping it fills out over the coming months.

I had a haircut about 2 hours ago hence the short back and sides :)

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

Kimura,

im concerned that you said you usually post under another login name but are having problems logging in.  What is your other username?  Did you try the forgot password option?  Theres a nite there too about contacting me of you’re having problems logging in.  But I don’t have an email from you.  Send me a private message and let’s get your other account working for you. 

By the way your hair looks fantastic for only 5 months.  

Best wishes,

Bill