Candidate for FUE?

Hi there,

This is my first post here. I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Nader thanks to this forum. Today I received a reply from his assistant with the following message:

“Based on the photos you sent we are unable to determine if you are a proper candidate for a hair transplant. We would like to advise if you have a chance to visit a local dermatologist he can give you a lab order for testing. Anything from a low testosterone, low thyroid, low ferritin level might also cause diffuse alopecia and need to be discarded. We consider recommending finding the right diagnosis for your hair loss before recommending a hair transplant as a first option. We want to make sure we recommend the best possible outcome for your hair.”

Anybody else went through something similar? I didn’t know that you could not be a candidate. Thanks and any answers are highly appreciated.

• Administrators

Patients get turned away for several reasons, but mainly because they don’t have a stable donor supply. Can you post some pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

In the photos it may appear as if the donor area may be thinning. However, this could be just the lighting. I would suggest having someone retake the photos for you, try to take photos in natural light, if you’re taking a picture directly under a light, the light may reflect off of your scalp causing your entire scalp to look thin.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.