Hair transplant in India

Hi All,

I am 28years old suffeing from hair loss since 20. I have have been looking on this site for many months for finding a surgeon. I have consulted varies Dr in India.

Each propose different number of grafts and suggest different things.

Dr Suneet Soni - 4000 grafts for frontal area good density

Dr Madhu - 2300 to 2500 grafts for forntal area with medium density

Dr Radha - two options

option1 - FUT only- 3500 grafts for frontal area with medium density

option 2 - FUT and FUE in one session - 3500 front and 2000 in the crown.

I think option 2 with Dr Radha might be suitable as it will give good coverage on all my bald areas in one session. but it is so confusion which one to go for.

Any suggestion will help.

i will add my current picture

Thanks

20180411_081651.thumb.jpg.68414d0972123cb28272084d23f92825.jpg

20180411_081620.thumb.jpg.7f6f4d5aba451e60f37fc7c831cf535e.jpg

20180411_081548.thumb.jpg.84bda61198665e6681500e40c56419bf.jpg

• Administrators

We recommend these doctors they are certainly worth researching, but also take a look at some of our other recommended doctors in India. It’s always best to consult with as many doctors as possible.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list.asp?StateAbr=IND

Edited by Melvin-HTsoon

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thappa,

Dr. Radha Palakurthi is also recommended along with the ones Melvin mentioned.

I know it’s tough when you get different graft estimates to make a decision, but ultimately since all 3 hair surgeons you mentioned are recommended by our community, selecting amongst the three Will be a personal choice depending on which one you connect with most of which strategy you like the best. Personally, with the amount of hair loss I see in your pictures, I would likely elect going for the larger procedure. Now, you could always ask each doctor why their recommendation is different then another doctors and that you prefer one over the other just to see what they say. But ultimately, each hair transplant surgeon has their own unique philosophy. The good news is, each one has a long history of producing outstanding results.

Best wishes,

Bill

another question is about the shock loss. my hair loss looks like a diffused thinning. placing grafts next to the existing hair could cause permanent shock loss. Worried about this as well. anyone have done HT similiar to my case.

I have been using Minox 5% for 6 years and recently started using laser helmet. hopefully this will help to reduce shockloss.

i tried Fin but had sides so stopped it.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. probably Option 2 from Dr Radha with more grafts will be the way to go.

Ideally crown area hair transplant is not fruitful at very early age like yours & 2000 grafts will not be sufficient to cover your crown area with satisfactory density, when you lose your DHT sensitive crown hair another sitting would be needed very soon. I think you should save your donor hair for future sessions, once you cover your frontal portion, your crown area can be camouflaged by frontal hair & also if you use finasteride after transplantation your thin hair will become thicker & crown baldness will get covered, so better to wait until it goes stable.

I think you should go with 4000 grafts & definitely I have seen Dr. Suneet great results and he mainly focus on natural hairline pattern. moreover Dr. Madhu is also good but he advised for 2500 grafts, which can not give you a good coverage. In fact Dr. Radha is also reputed doctor. so it is your choice to select the best.

i always have this question in mind that if a Dr says that he/she will extract 5000 or 4000 grafts and will implant them. the question is how a patient will know actual this much grafts are extracted and this much implanted. because the doctor can say he/she extracted 4000 and implanted say ex 4000 but actually only implanted say 3000 grafts. There is high possibility of doing this. wondering is there a way to find this out

i always have this question in mind that if a Dr says that he/she will extract 5000 or 4000 grafts and will implant them. the question is how a patient will know actual this much grafts are extracted and this much implanted. because the doctor can say he/she extracted 4000 and implanted say ex 4000 but actually only implanted say 3000 grafts. There is high possibility of doing this. wondering is there a way to find this out

You should look at reviews and get a feel for the doctor in your communications. There is no reason why an ethical doctor should falsify grafts when their hard earned reputation is at state. Another reason perhaps to go to a doctor that is both highly recommended and recognized for their work rather than some backstreet unknown.

I understand your fears having met many patients who have gone to clinics where they appear to have lesser surgeries than they have paid for or even in some cases where a vast amount of grafts have been removed in comparison to just a few implanted.

On another note you do appear to have a lot of hair that will be at risk to shock loss through the trauma caused by surgery. You could lose what you have and gain what you have implanted resulting in a similar look you have at present. If you could perhaps give Finasteride another go, this time lessening the dosage/frequency you may help negate such loss.

I have tired fin before twice same sides with lower dosage and i also tried saw palmatto quite recently still same sides. So I do not want to give another try. I use laser and minox. Will this help in shock loss.? The thinning areas i have lot of thin hair which hardly grow I am sure that will not grow back after surgery. Not sure what to do. Should need to go for more dense packing to compensate for the loss?

I have tired fin before twice same sides with lower dosage and i also tried saw palmatto quite recently still same sides. So I do not want to give another try. I use laser and minox. Will this help in shock loss.? The thinning areas i have lot of thin hair which hardly grow I am sure that will not grow back after surgery. Not sure what to do. Should need to go for more dense packing to compensate for the loss?

If you received the same side effects through the use of Saw Palmetto then there could be an underlying issue with your physiology.

I have seen countless cases where the miniaturized hairs you describe have recovered but only when the patients have taken Finasteride. I personally don't think Minoxidil will have anywhere near the same effect. As for laser, to me its just science fiction!

You should listen to the advice given to you previously in terms of graft counts, but you should be prepared to have a follow up surgery(s) if you wish to add density once your native hair has gone altogether.

Edited by Shera

Thanks Shera. So i have to be prepared for a second surgery soon,if i lose all my thinning hair form shock loss

Hi Thappa,

Judging from your first pic you are destined for a NW6/7.

Without the help of proven meds to help retain your native hair, there is a strong possibility you will need another surgery sooner rather than later down the line to add density once you lose your native hair. This is of course if you wish to continue to have a head of hair. How long it takes to get to this stage, I don't know, perhaps if you look at your older relatives, their particular balding patterns might give you some indication. You should be prepared for this eventuality.

It might be wise to add body hair (beard/chest) into the mix to help preserve your precious scalp grafts for future surgery(s).

• 4 weeks later...

Finally descided to go with Dr. Suneet soni. I have booked the date in july and paid the initial deposit of 20,000(rupees). I will fully post my experience with the surgery, doctor, the clinic, cost etc. I will start a separate thread for it. Thank you all for your feedback which helped me to choose the doctor.