Norwood 6 lost cause?

Ok I started losing my hair in my early 20's so naturally I freaked out and went to bosley. At the time I was only bald in the front. But I lost a lot of my natural hair due to shock so I went for a 2nd hair transplant. I now am 34 and have significantly lost a lot more hair. I was wondering if there was any type of scar removal procedure out there so I can just shave my head. Or should I go for a 3rd procedure and try my luck. I feel like a lost cause at this point and don't know what to do. Thanks

• Administrators

Can you post pictures? I was a diffused Norwood 6, it’s not always a lost cause, depends on your donor, finances, and overall will to fight hairloss

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Can you post pictures? I was a diffused Norwood 6, it’s not always a lost cause, depends on your donor, finances, and overall will to fight hairloss

Melvin - your comment made me look at your profile. Great results. you hair loss patter WAS pretty similar to what I have now.....your pictures give me hope :)

OP - Please post pics. Since I'm diffused norwood 6 as well, it would be great to see others' pics as well.

11.png.6bd4a872ead154d48f4617bc951116ca.png

22.png.14920f0fa11649037c920c91684c2b1a.png

Hairless,

In my opinion, nobody has a lost cause. For starters, I would be all blown Norwood six if it wasn’t for the for hair transplant that I had. Now, I could’ve had my results in two procedures had I traveled from the beginning however, I’m still very happy with the end result.

I’m not sure what your hair looks like now, but perhaps you could post some photos so we can take a look. Even though you went and had one procedure done early, it doesn’t mean that you can’t select an outstanding surgeon from this community And get the head of hair you want and deserve. Just understand that you will not be able to restore your hair to natural density however, you could likely restore a lot of your hair and improve the look. If you follow the link in my signature, you will see my patient website and see my transformation. Understand however, that the before and after transformation doesn’t do it justice simply because without any hair transplant surgery, I would be completely bald now. So the hair remaining on my head in the before pictures would not be there today had I not gotten surgery.

Let’s see some pictures of the top, sides and back of your scalp so we can give you some additional and better input.

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

You still have quite a bit of hair left are you taking any preventive medications? like Finasteride and Minoxidil?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

How long have you been on rogaine foam? You should allow 12 months to see how the treatment is working for you.

View my thread

As I always say, not all Norwood X's are the same. You are definitely not a typical NW6 and have a lot more hair left than I was imagining. A lot of NW6's should probably avoid surgery, but you look like you could see significant benefit. It is essential that any doctor see more angles so they can see your donor area. Assuming you have good donor supply, it should be possible to beef up your density.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• Administrators
Just started it a couple weeks ago. Would a third transplant shock the transplanted hair?

Shock loss occurs typically when incisions are created too close to surrounding follicles, this trauma causes the surrounding hair to shed and go in to the dormant stage. However, the probability of this happening is low, if you shave your head and the surgeon uses high magnification glasses when creating recipient sites.

View my thread