Looking for Fue Surgeon as good as doctor Koray Erdogan

Hey guys i am 34 years old. This would be my first transplant. I sent pictures to doctor

Koray Erdogan last year and i was told i needed 5000 grafts. I sent him pictures again

this year and now i am not a good candidate. I have a insufficient donor area. Can you

guys take a look and tell me what you think

Thanks for your help.

IMG_8661.thumb.jpg.d9022df57707213285891cc40cfad5c2.jpg

IMG_8662.thumb.jpg.fc07feb48c1dfc716b5210efdc474b78.jpg

IMG_8664.thumb.jpg.ae0f6a555f31e15609056296fda387ed.jpg

IMG_8665.thumb.jpg.28fc09bd2ae5d8038bc86a0eaa538859.jpg

IMG_8666.thumb.jpg.43cc07dd9f4d839ae17e7d8a9f017f99.jpg

IMG_8669.thumb.jpg.361601b34d4b3e69e14bd4a0b270ace5.jpg

IMG_8671.thumb.jpg.bbefeb8e45172beab2a2426440366d29.jpg

IMG_8672.thumb.jpg.83233a8fbd4dc6d5fdbbc976a8ff9811.jpg

I am located in Vancouver. I was thinking about going into Hasson & Wong for a consult just to see the donor area. If they say it is good maybe Dr Koray will agree.

I'm afraid hes going say the same thing to me my hair loss is alot like yours. I sent him some pictures a few months back and he replied back saying this below what ever that means so I'm waiting another month or so before i send him again but got a feeling hes going to shoot me down also and it will be back to the drawing board

trying to figure out my next move

After analyzing your photos Dr. Koray Erdoğan found that you have high precentile of minaturized hair. The surgery at this stage can cause shock loss.Therefore Dr. Koray Erdogan recommends Finasteride to give strength to your hair and increase density. It might help you increase thickness and density of the existing hair. The hair is going to grow stronger and thicker.

Hey guys i am 34 years old. This would be my first transplant. I sent pictures to doctor

Koray Erdogan last year and i was told i needed 5000 grafts. I sent him pictures again

this year and now i am not a good candidate. I have a insufficient donor area. Can you

guys take a look and tell me what you think

Thanks for your help.

What was his full reason for denying you this year? Was it just the donar area problem or more? Maybe copy paste the response here if you can? Would be good if you can show the same pics you sent him last year on here please? Another thing it looks like in donar area you have a more faded shave and I have known people to send him these pics and be denied and then sent another pic a month later and letting that area completely grow and was told he was a candidate.

This is what they sent me

According to the professional personal evaluation, your donor capacity is deduced to be insufficient for an FUE transplantation in order to create an acceptable coverage and a density in your balding area. Therefore, I am sorry to inform you that an operation cannot be conducted.

I can’t find the pictures I sent. But I have cut my hair shorter than before. I will wait a month and try again.

This is what they sent me

According to the professional personal evaluation, your donor capacity is deduced to be insufficient for an FUE transplantation in order to create an acceptable coverage and a density in your balding area. Therefore, I am sorry to inform you that an operation cannot be conducted.

I can’t find the pictures I sent. But I have cut my hair shorter than before. I will wait a month and try again.

Right so it's definitely nothing to do with transplanting into the balding area itself. I also do like a skin fade hair cut and after a few weeks that lower area does look a bit patchy but that's just normal unless he is referring to the area just above it which isn't bad anyway. Send them a reply saying that you get a zero at the back and sides and that's why it maybe looks like it's thin. They'll also still have your old pics so ask them to send it back so you and we on the forum can really see if there has been obvious depletion.

• Administrators

That’s a big difference visually, you have very thick coarse hair, so you may not have the best density. However, coarse thick hair requires less grafts to achieve visual density. I would recommend sending the same photos back to Dr. Erdogan for his review.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you look at the lighting in these photos the shade and quality of light and angles make it look like it's not patchy at all and Dr koray must have thought at the time you are a candidate. He should have really told you to take better photos in terms of lighting just like you did when you sent it recently because the day light through your window and indoor lights really show the full extent of your situation.

If he does not feel he can get you where you want to be than it's better to not have him as an option and it's good and ethical of him to say no. Send your recent photos to various other top surgeons just to get an opinion and explain to them that you have been declined else where and what is their assessment of it.

Good luck

Hi

I was quoted the same graft price in Canadian during the consult. I live in Canada.

Better call to confirm that i read some previous posts here saying the opposite ?

Hi, from the photos it looks as though you probably have thinning in the donor area.

From the cases of Dr Lorenzo that I have seen, he normally recommends finasteride for 12 months, then reviews again. Usually there's improvement and then he operates.

Just make sure whoever you go to does not do 5k FUE in a single procedure, as generally in order to maximise your donor, two smaller procedures are done to allow better recovery after each surgery.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

They said the same thing to me and told me to get on 5mg Propecia and to resend pictures in 6 months. I did that and they never got back to me. I then found out that I should have only take 1mg of Propecia. I then went with my second choice which was Dr Hakan Doganay in Antalya. I saw him last month and couldn't be happier with the treatment. The customer service was outstanding and the best part about it is that Dr. Hakan actually did the implanting (both days). Thats priceless! Dr Erdogan doesn't do any of the procedure. Its just his name so be cautious with your decision. Read my Forum page you'll have a better understanding...... Good luck

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/189523-hair-transplant-dr-hakan-doganay-4316-graphs.html

Wonder does Hasson and Wong's Graft Cost Calculator quote in Canadian dollars?

The exchange rate to usd would get you a nice savings

I gave them a call. The website is USD.