3038 Grafts FUE / ASMED - Koray Erdogan / 30th April

2 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Jean 

can you explain how you’re life has changed since your results came in?

Its things one might take for granted pre-hairloss particularly after the second procedure, simply being able to go about my day without considering hairloss, I vividly remember going to the cinema once to see one of my favourite films prior to any transplants at 22 and spending virtually every minute thinking about my hair or judging the hairlines of those in the film. Another particularly memorable moment was going to pick up a package from the post-office for my 55 year old father as a 22 year old and the person at the counter asking if I was his brother. 

Even things like ordering a coffee can be a nightmare when you're a 22 year old with a diffused NWV3. I'm sure some people might think it sounds silly and bring up "its just confidence brah" (it isn't), but things like walking down the street or being on the bus and getting smiles or looks from attractive girls, same situation when ordering a coffee etc. Prior to surgery ordering food/drink a girl serving would noticeably look away or refuse eye contact, be visibly unhappy, awkward and unsure of how to handle themselves. Its truly like living in a different world where in one everyone is an asshole and dislikes, ignores or just wants you out of their way, in the other everyone is friendly, respectful and helpful. Same with long term friends, both male and female. They'd be less interested in hanging out, less honest especially emotionally (particularly girls), awkward and constantly avoid eye contact. When you go from having perfect hair at 18, to being virtually bald at 22, and back to being in a similar range to your average 24 year old subsequent to that,  the way people judge and treat you based on hair becomes extremely noticeable.

So its largely not having to think about hairloss everyday, and secondly being treated as an equal or respectable person by others, such that you no longer feel inhibited by hairloss, when I clearly was while enduring it. Both easily understandable when fundamentally I looked ugly, unintelligent and a sorry sight without hair (and whether anyone can admit it that's the same for most people), with hair I look slightly above average. The reality is that's what it gets down to, hairloss ages you a decade minimum, looks incredibly unattractive,  makes you look less intelligent and friendly, often implies sickness or bad genetics,  and can suddenly make certain facial features stand out and appear ugly when prior they looked normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ghnyc said:

Looks great! Which Doctor / clinic did you use?

In the title, Koray Erdogan at ASMED in Turkey.

1 hour ago, JayLDD said:

Its things one might take for granted pre-hairloss particularly after the second procedure, simply being able to go about my day without considering hairloss, I vividly remember going to the cinema once to see one of my favourite films prior to any transplants at 22 and spending virtually every minute thinking about my hair or judging the hairlines of those in the film. Another particularly memorable moment was going to pick up a package from the post-office for my 55 year old father as a 22 year old and the person at the counter asking if I was his brother. 

Even things like ordering a coffee can be a nightmare when you're a 22 year old with a diffused NWV3. I'm sure some people might think it sounds silly and bring up "its just confidence brah" (it isn't), but things like walking down the street or being on the bus and getting smiles or looks from attractive girls, same situation when ordering a coffee etc. Prior to surgery ordering food/drink a girl serving would noticeably look away or refuse eye contact, be visibly unhappy, awkward and unsure of how to handle themselves. Its truly like living in a different world where in one everyone is an asshole and dislikes, ignores or just wants you out of their way, in the other everyone is friendly, respectful and helpful. Same with long term friends, both male and female. They'd be less interested in hanging out, less honest especially emotionally (particularly girls), awkward and constantly avoid eye contact. When you go from having perfect hair at 18, to being virtually bald at 22, and back to being in a similar range to your average 24 year old subsequent to that,  the way people judge and treat you based on hair becomes extremely noticeable.

So its largely not having to think about hairloss everyday, and secondly being treated as an equal or respectable person by others, such that you no longer feel inhibited by hairloss, when I clearly was while enduring it. Both easily understandable when fundamentally I looked ugly, unintelligent and a sorry sight without hair (and whether anyone can admit it that's the same for most people), with hair I look slightly above average. The reality is that's what it gets down to, hairloss ages you a decade minimum, looks incredibly unattractive,  makes you look less intelligent and friendly, often implies sickness or bad genetics,  and can suddenly make certain facial features stand out and appear ugly when prior they looked normal.

Baseball hats🧢 were my captors in Hair Loss prison, 80% less now and hopefully even less as I get completely accustomed to my results.

Definitly agree, regarding the fact that you stress and think less about your hair as you get it, it was the Ah-ha moment for me when I get up I get up in the morning and not fear the mirror, now no matter how bed hair messy it gets it feels good looking in the mirror.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
8 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Update time! :)

Don’t see any major changes, I think it’s at 16 months now. Behind the hairline on one side definitely could be thicker, but as long as I get a good cut reasonably often no one will think anything of it. It’s nice to be at the age when a lot of my friends hair situations are starting to go to shit and mine is for the most part fixed.

971144AF-F91D-4DAC-8217-E07F1BBB85A0.png

51D842A1-D836-4C02-B7FA-498F1147D75D.jpeg

E376E70F-C730-4496-ACE5-D47AEB68FD7A.png

The hairline design really is perfect I think.

Edited by JayLDD

7 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

Don’t see any major changes, I think it’s at 16 months now. Behind the hairline on one side definitely could be thicker, but as long as I get a good cut reasonably often no one will think anything of it. It’s nice to be at the age when a lot of my friends hair situations are starting to go to shit and mine is for the most part fixed.

Looks great. Where is the weak spot you mention?

3 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

Looks great. Where is the weak spot you mention?

I’ve deliberately tried to make it look bad here, but in comparison the other side even when messed up is close to native density and can’t be noticed at all.

Maybe it doesn’t even look that bad, doing this reminds me of how dishonest people like Payam are when contorting their hair into the silliest position possible though, anyone’s hair will look bad like this. It just makes it a little harder to style due to the lesser density in the area.

When the hair is styled properly (even just right out of bed and not deliberately messed up as in the Payam style pics) it looks fine.

Eventually when my midscalp and remaining crown fall out I’ll likely get an FUT procedure and include a touch up in that frontal area.

32F8193B-8B6B-48D6-A603-18E8E44D2009.jpeg

AF09D971-68B2-43D1-B788-87FE0EDBF729.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

Looks totally natural and undetectable to me.

2 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

I’ve deliberately tried to make it look bad here, but in comparison the other side even when messed up is close to native density and can’t be noticed at all.

Maybe it doesn’t even look that bad, doing this reminds me of how dishonest people like Payam are when contorting their hair into the silliest position possible though, anyone’s hair will look bad like this. It just makes it a little harder to style due to the lesser density in the area.

When the hair is styled properly (even just right out of bed and not deliberately messed up as in the Payam style pics) it looks fine.

Eventually when my midscalp and remaining crown fall out I’ll likely get an FUT procedure and include a touch up in that frontal area.

You made it bro. What treatments are you on currently?

1 minute ago, jj51702 said:

You made it bro. What treatments are you on currently?

Keto shampoo and that's it, I ended up getting off finasteride due to side effects which somehow weaned their way up after 2 years on the drug.

Not particularly worried as virtually all the frontal third is transplanted, most of the crown is transplants and the only remaining area of raw natives is the midscalp. If that falls out the crown will cover it at length anyway.

In the longer term, if it gets that bad I'll go for an FUT and fix any remaining problems. Midscalp and crown don't need to be perfect, particularly because of my hair curl I can get away with a very low density due to its good coverage.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, JayLDD said:

This should be done more often. Unfortunately, so many want to believe that results can somehow be perfect. It’s not reality. Even the best results show weaknesses.

That said, your results are fantastic and perhaps this will deter some OCD/BDD guys away from having a procedure. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 9 months later...

Jay how did the crown grafts turn out? When did you start noticing the growth? And did you feel any significant changes in the crown after the 18 months?

12 minutes ago, Yaz89 said:

Jay how did the crown grafts turn out? When did you start noticing the growth? And did you feel any significant changes in the crown after the 18 months?

Extremely happy with it, although if it’s damp or I brush it so it doesn’t layer it looks thinnish. Otherwise basically perfect, which is lucky considering I’ve been off finasteride for over a year.

Do think the crown took a bit longer to develop, but at a year it was probably around the final result. Maybe 5 months and then a slow improvement up to 12.

4298608B-B687-40C1-81A9-C356A83FDFC6.png

That looks excellent Jean! Thanks for the photo. I had 300 grafts this time round in the crown and was curious about how how your turned out. I had 700 grafts into the vertex at second surgery. But my crown is a bit diffused than yours. Its not a big area though.

Any changes since you been off fin? 

Edited by Yaz89

• 9 months later...

Close to 3 years post second op.

Realistically, in terms of how bad the situation was at 21 ASMED did a very good job. No matter how much more I spent or any other doctor globally I doubt I could have got a result from 2 surgeries even 10% better. 

Gone from looking like a 35 year old at 21 to looking probably the best I ever have and even regularly getting compliments on my hair. 

08535D3B-2E57-4B7A-97BE-9F98AAC79D50.jpeg

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

Close to 3 years post second op.

Realistically, in terms of how bad the situation was at 21 ASMED did a very good job. No matter how much more I spent or any other doctor globally I doubt I could have got a result from 2 surgeries even 10% better. 

Gone from looking like a 35 year old at 21 to looking probably the best I ever have and even regularly getting compliments on my hair. 

08535D3B-2E57-4B7A-97BE-9F98AAC79D50.jpeg

Great result. I still don't understand why people here dislike Asmed so much. They are IMO one of the best large case clinics around the world, while also being the most affordable.

Your result is outstanding! Simply great, independent which clinic performed the surgery. It doubt that you could have a significantly better result by any clinic, period.

However, IF you would have gone to a more expensive clinic, and would have the very same result, I think you would not mourn about the "lost" money. From all great results I have ever seen only one (!) brought up the money afterwards. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Still looks excellent, congrats. 

What are your plans and goals going forward - do you have any indication as to how many grafts you have remaining? Have you considered any other treatments to help maintain? 

Would go for FUT in the case of a future procedure. Assume at worst I'd be able to get 3k grafts to cover lost midscalp and crown that is still native hair. Probably closer to 4k, 1000 of which to perfect density in frontal third. For FUE, I think if I really pushed it I could get another 2000, but I don't think that's the best choice, especially considering any potential donor thinning over the next 30 years. 

In the meantime things are fine, crown placement from ASMED was good enough that it still appears to have very good coverage despite being very thin in reality. 

No interest in current treatments for maintenance. Perhaps something new will come along, if it doesn't not a big issue. 

• Administrators

Looks excellent 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.