H&W vs Dr. Diep

I’ve been doing a lot of research for a hair transplant and thanks to this site I’ve learned aLot. I’m between a nw 2 and nw3 for a couple years now and I’m taking finasteride. Well in my research I’ve come to the conclusion I’d want to do a fue with either H&W or Dr.Diep. I’d like to get a couple of opinions on who people would recommend. My thing is both are great so it’s hard to choose. I like Dr. Diep hairline work but worried about the donor after the procedure. Whereas H&W donor area is such a clean job but the hairlines is not as aggressive as diep. If anybody can give their inputs it’ll be appreciated. Thanks.

• Administrators

Both clinics are solid choices, and recommended by this community. It really comes down to your consultation. I would also recommend reaching out to past patients to get their unbiased reviews, both clinics have plenty of results published on this site. When you consult with each clinic you will receive their recommendations, and this will help you make your choice, because you’ll have a better idea of which clinic would be better suited for your needs. Best wishes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Both clinics are solid choices, and recommended by this community. It really comes down to your consultation. I would also recommend reaching out to past patients to get their unbiased reviews, both clinics have plenty of results published on this site. When you consult with each clinic you will receive their recommendations, and this will help you make your choice, because you’ll have a better idea of which clinic would be better suited for your needs. Best wishes

Hey thanks for the feedback. Yea I’ve had consultations with both clinics and they roughly recommend about the same. I’ve seen results posted by the clinics and patients and that’s why I narrow it down to those two. I notice you’ve done two FUE procedures with Dr. Diep, how is your donor area after it grows out? That’s really my main concern having a see through appearance.

I'm not sure where you got that H&W hairlines weren't aggressive, Dr Hassons hairline work is immaculate and as long as your donor can handle your current level of loss and going forward he can deliver a hairline as aggressive as any doc I've seen in the industry. I think Diep has built a reputation for hairlines as he tends to draw younger patients like HT which I believe is in part due to HT, he did absolutely fantastic work on HT that many young patients wanted similar. The legend of Dr Diep hairline whisperer was largely built in HTs first thread lol but he's backed it up with similar excellent results. Both docs do great hairline work. I have seen a couple cases of some donor issues, one stands out recently in Diep cases but I am weary to pin that on poor extraction as it seemed the patient didn't have a lot of density to begin with, lots of coarse hair but overall his extractions have looked good to me. You're picking between 2 great docs, comes down to gut feel and preference, which one are you feeling, you're unlikely to pick wrong.

• Administrators
Hey thanks for the feedback. Yea I’ve had consultations with both clinics and they roughly recommend about the same. I’ve seen results posted by the clinics and patients and that’s why I narrow it down to those two. I notice you’ve done two FUE procedures with Dr. Diep, how is your donor area after it grows out? That’s really my main concern having a see through appearance.

My donor doesn’t appear see through, but you must understand that regardless of which doctor you choose, you are permanently removing hair from your donor supply. This will undoubtedly reduce the density of your hair. More grafts equals less density, this remains true with any doctor regardless. Before you agree to surgery you really have to realize that there is no going back and no scarless procedure. Below is my donor area, it’s probably at #2 guard in that pic, I never let it get any longer than that, because that’s the reason why I chose FUE in the first place. If you grow your hair long, you’d be better suited for FUSS (strip).

B9214845-0FE2-41AD-946F-E8C864C779F2.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The concern on the donor management on recent cases of Diep is definitely warranted, but his results in the recipient are consistently immaculate. Depending on your age and how you're maintaining on meds would be my biggest consideration, then simply who's results you prefer aesthetically, looking at their work on cases similar to your own also. I would prefer Hasson for hairline work in the case that it was a strip, Diep for FUE, but cautious on how secure you feel on his donor management and considering future loss.

In terms of graft numbers per unit of area, I don't see any surgeons packing as densely as Hasson on a regular basis for first procedures, so I wouldn't consider him less aggressive either. Typically these dense packs are FUT though.

I have an upcoming surgery date with diep end o f this year ..

N I’m looking forward to it .. I know he be able to get the job done ..

- he does two patients a day nowAdays ..he does the extractions , and hairline incisions and the techs does implantation .. he’s booked up until December , so if u are going with him u should book it soon .. it’s a long waitlist .. the more grafts u do the cheaper his fees are .. it’s between $8-9..

I also like Hasson n wong .. they run a top notch clinic .. n will probably give u better customer service n possibly free repairs if it’s there fault .. doctor diep doesn’t do that.. I think h&w will give u a better master plan , planning for ur future hairloss over short term gains .. so either choice would be good ..