Hair Transplant For Diffuse Thinners

I’m a diffuse thinner, and I’m considering a hair transplant at some point.

However, I’m unsure about one or two things.

1) Have any diffuse thinners had any good results with a transplant? Has anyone seen a diffuse thinner who has had good results with a transplant?

I realise that we aren’t ideal candidates, but surely someone has had some success?

2) I know density depends on various factors (hair thickness, hair characteristics etc). Are there any specific factors that affect density when a diffuse thinner gets a transplant? I know that finasteride is important here, of course, since it can prevent further loss and potentially strengthens native hair.

3) What advice would you give to diffuse thinnners who are looking into getting a transplant?

1. I'm a diffuse thinner with good results. Ive gotten to know many others as I've mentioned on here that I'm a diffuse thinner and they've reached out to me and kept in touch after their ops. There are lots of successful cases of diffuse users but before we go any further you need to clarify what type of diffuse patient you are as there is a patient who is ideal as a diffuse patient and one who is not. If you are a diffuse unpatterned patient then you are diffusing from all over your scalp donor included and that unfortunately makes you not a good candidate for transplant surgery. If you are like me, and are a patterned diffuse patient then your donor isn't prone to minaturization and loss and you would be a candidate. Not to promote just my doctor but I know he has a lot of presented cases, look at dr Lorenzos youtube channel and he makes note of the diffuse patients and you can see the results.

2. We have the same factors as any other patient, there is nothing that changes our density any differently than another patients, it comes down to your own characteristics and how many grafts/cm2 your doc places.

3. As you mentioned, get on and stay on meds if your body tolerates it, we have a better than average response to fin/dut and pick the right doctor. Experience with diffuse patients is a must, ask to see work they've done with them. If they don't have it, move on, you don't want to be their test case, no matter how much you like their hairline work or crown work what have you. You want to see cases like yourself. We're not wildly different to work on but we are prone to more shock loss and transection in our recipient so if a doc isn't experienced with that you could see less than optimal results.