Nadimi vs H&W vs Rahal - Consults

Hmmmm...so what’s the $$$$ difference in FUT vs FUE?? I know that I’ve ALWAYS heard Dr Rahal has way better FUT results. I have zero doubt about the mans skills ( ill be getting my second one from him sometime very soon)!!!

Just wondering about price. Dr Rahal is great. You made a great decision. !!!

I don't recall exactly, 3-4k maybe for my situation. Just ask them they'll tell you the standard pricing.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.  My FUE surgery will be this Friday, just need some last minute advice.  I would really like your opinion as to whether or not to completely shave my head.  I would like to avoid this if at all possible but would not want to sacrifice quality on the end result.

Can I get your input on pros and cons and reasoning please?

Thanks

• Administrators

It’s less time consuming for the surgeon, also shaving your head reduces the chance of shock loss, because the surgeon can see where he’s placing the incisions better. I’m not saying some surgeons can’t do this, but it’s certainly easier for the surgeon. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Shave it......as mentioned, it's easier for the surgeon. You already are going to a great surgeon....you should be removing any variables/obstacles that can cause anything but the expected/great result.

Edited by matt3480

Hi guys.  So its done, went with the full shave.  Dr. Rahal and team were excellent, I felt well taken care of during the entire experience, and boy what an experience.  Some swelling as expected in the face, most intrusive part of post-op is the sleeping at 45 degrees and the weird hats but definitely not a big deal for a week or two.  Missing the gym the most.  I requested 4-6 weeks to work from home so by the time I get back I should mostly look the way I did when they last saw me, I've been pretty open with this anyway.

Sorry I didn't get to update during Day 0 and 1 but here are some Pre-op & Day 2 pics.  Lighting is a bit weird/yellow in the bathroom so take that into consideration.  2800 FUE grafts on the nose, conservative hairline restoration only.. crown later sometime down the road maybe.  Doesn't seem like there's going to be any noticeable scarring at all and I plan to buzz the back and sides to a 2 guard.  Pretty pleased so far just tempering my expectations and joy for when I actually see results!

Does someone need to move this thread into a different section?

IMG_7027.JPG

IMG_E7096.JPG

IMG_E7097.JPG

IMG_E7098.JPG

IMG_E7099.JPG

IMG_E7102.JPG

IMG_7104.JPG

Edited by NoMoreHats111

On 5/28/2018 at 1:01 PM, NEWHAIRPLEASE said:

Rahal strip and then the next session would be FUE and could put FUE in donor scar to make it virtually invisible. I just feel you’re gonna get way more bang for your buck with FUT first.

I am wondering why you say more bang for the buck with FUT, thanks!

On 9/3/2018 at 8:46 PM, Lochtide7 said:

Some people say less shock loss, more density, saves donor hair, and is way cheaper.  I'm happy so far with my FUE decision.

Edited by NoMoreHats111

• Administrators
On 9/3/2018 at 5:46 PM, Lochtide7 said:

It's cheaper so you literally get more grafts for a lower price, hence more bang for your buck.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So just over a month now, not much to report but thought I'd give an update.  Donor area a little sore still but seems to be healing ok.  Recipient area still red and still has a bunch of transplanted hair left, haven't gone back to work yet.  Sorry for the low quality pic.

IMG_7487.jpg

• 1 month later...

Are you on finasteride?

I'd love to get procedure done with Dr. Rahal. The only thing is (as with HT in general), finasteride gives me bad side effect.

I felt extremely dizzy for three days after taking it (1.25 mg) and that was enough to convince me to stay away from it.

Just wondering if you were on med.

13 hours ago, GrowNewHair said:

Are you on finasteride?

I'd love to get procedure done with Dr. Rahal. The only thing is (as with HT in general), finasteride gives me bad side effect.

I felt extremely dizzy for three days after taking it (1.25 mg) and that was enough to convince me to stay away from it.

Just wondering if you were on med.

Nope just Rogaine.  No intention of taking other medicine.

22 hours ago, NoMoreHats111 said:

Three months in... a bunch of the transplanted hair did not fall out and grew instead.  Some tiny hairs starting to poke out (hard to tell from the pics), nothing to get excited about yet.  Sorry I suck as a photographer.

IMG_7857.jpg

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7863.jpg

Hey nomorehats,

i'm about 20 days ahead of you, rahal fut patient and pretty much on the same timeline as you! Thanks for the update! Looks on track

• 2 months later...

@NoMoreHats111 Big improvement already and you are only at 6 months. Congratulations. You must be thrilled?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

12 hours ago, NoMoreHats111 said:

Six month update.. 

IMG_E8865.JPG

IMG_E8866.JPG

IMG_E8867.JPG

IMG_E8868.JPG

Hey man how u feeling about it at 6 months? Fellow rahal patient and almost 7 months FUT and looking about the same! Hang in there! I know its hard having a see through hairline