Dr Koray Erdogan 5019 FUE 19-20th April 2018

Ok guys im currently at 37 days... 18 days post op I still had a great head of hair... at 24 days 90% had shed :eek: God what a change in 6 days!!! Cant believe how quickly it went!

At 5 weeks though I can see a lot of little black dots, im hoping it is early growth

I must say the donor pain was a lot worse than I imagined and id stock up on painkillers for the first 10-14 days post op.

Other than the shedding the recipient area is fine, numbness went after 3rd week and not too red/pink. but definitely well into ugly duckling phase :(

Donor zone.. God its been irritating as f*ck, loads of little spots and yellow heads from 14 days onwards... Sema advised it could be hair transection and to shampoo more firmly on the donor... which I have but to no avail. I asked about antibiotics-antiseptic but was advised it wasn't needed.

At present I have about 16 yellowheads in the donor and 2 huge hard spots and maybe 15 small hard spots... Just hoping it relieves itself in the next week or ill seek more advice.

Images are attached at 28 days... if you zoom in you can see the pimples in the donor! They have got worse since but my hair has grown to conceal them :)

At the minute the HT doesnt seem worth it but I guess everyone goes through this stage

Your in deep ugly duckling zone at the moment and it can be best described as being sh1t!

Just stay positive with the thought in another 3 months, the worst will be behind you and your little 'friends' will be reappearing :D. Sad to hear you are struggling with spots, it seems common although I didn't get them as bad - hope things settle down soon. Trust me when you get around the 4 month mark, things just change overnight it seems. When I look back at pics at around 6 weeks, I look terrible. Good luck and I will continue to follow your progress.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

I had my transplant 14 days ago. Can't agree wit you more regarding the donor pain. It was crazy, especially day 5 to day 9. Even after pain killers, was very hard to sleep.

Wanted to ask you regarding the spots and pimples on your donor, did they appear after 14th day or were their signs before that? I ask as right now, my donor area is completely clean, but wondering if I should get mentally prepared for those pimples..?

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2018 at 3:18 PM, Seftest said:

Wanted to ask you regarding the spots and pimples on your donor, did they appear after 14th day or were their signs before that? I ask as right now, my donor area is completely clean, but wondering if I should get mentally prepared for those pimples..?

Hi Seftest, no there were no signs before 14 days, they just came all of a sudden!

OK guys ... at month 2 (8 weeks) I had my hair cut at the sides, on top i could see lots of little black dots appearing, scarring at back and sides is minimal, still felt pretty shitty. I went to see a dermatologist regarding the spots/pimples and was told it could be possible mild folliculitis, i was prescribed lymecycline 408 for 30 days and also hibiscrub shampoo... all spots disappeared within 5 days :D

I post my 2 month photos here now... I felt disappointed at this stage

Now I feel brilliant, at 10 weeks ( 70 days ) I had many hairs sprouting and no longer needed a cap!!! Next week is my 3 month results so will post then but for the last 2 weeks I have felt great and confident... From talking distance ( a metre) away , no one can tell :D Month207.jpg.f6b06d47900ed8392fb45e6446a6e518.jpgMonth208.jpg.917e8c21fa4ce7120837694f2864e9d8.jpg

Month209.jpg

Month206.jpg

Month205.jpg

Month204.jpg

Month203.jpg

Month202.jpg

Month201.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2018 at 7:18 AM, Seftest said:

I had my transplant 14 days ago. Can't agree wit you more regarding the donor pain. It was crazy, especially day 5 to day 9. Even after pain killers, was very hard to sleep.

The donor pain is next level haha. I’m still getting huge painful pimples almost 2 months in. They were worst around 1 month.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys... Sorry for the disappearance, at 4 months I felt great, and my confidence just took off. Thanks so much to the team at ASMED and Koray Erdogan. My friends have said my hair looks better now than it did when I had hair at 18!!

I'm nearly at 12 month mark so will post a full update then... As of now I still have stubbly hairs coming through.

The 2 photos I attach are at 16 weeks

Point Blur_Mar162019_074154.jpg

Point Blur_Mar162019_074103.jpg

4 minutes ago, highlander6 said:

At 9 months, never been happier with my hair

Point Blur_Mar162019_074008.jpg

Hey great results man! I had 5000 grafts from asmed 4 months and 1 week ago but I haven't had any improvement above baseline yet. You say you already had good improvement at 4 months? This makes me worried for myself lol 

I and everyone I know can't believe the results I've had. Best money I ever spent... I also have to admit I used rogaine all through the ugly duckling phase as I read it could help it grow back faster... I believe it did. I stopped using it at 6 months as only got 3month supply.

4 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Hey great results man! I had 5000 grafts from asmed 4 months and 1 week ago but I haven't had any improvement above baseline yet. You say you already had good improvement at 4 months? This makes me worried for myself lol 

I swear by rogaine for quick recovery 

Congratulations mate, your results already look amazing at 9 months. Looks so natural too. I would be over the moon if I could get close to your result! 

I’ve recently had 5015 grafts and similar hair thickness of 55 microns. How long after the procedure did you start the rogaine? Were the clinic ok with you using it? 

6 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

Congratulations mate, your results already look amazing at 9 months. Looks so natural too. I would be over the moon if I could get close to your result! 

I’ve recently had 5015 grafts and similar hair thickness of 55 microns. How long after the procedure did you start the rogaine? Were the clinic ok with you using it? 

I’ve just checked my pre op instructions and it says you can use the foam 1 month after procedure 😊

25 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

I started rogaine about 14 days If I remember correctly... May have brought on my early shed