• Administrators

Looks way better, but its not ultra-dense, but then again it was never going to be ultra-dense with 1,500 grafts.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi willis90. Your stringy hair quality will normalize in time. Mine was stringy up to nine months and became normal by 11th month.

I agree with Garethbale on this. Your HT is sparse. We share similar number of grafts, area covered, FUT procedure, while mine is not ultra dense, it's acceptable. 

I wouldn't be satisfied. Did he say why such few grafts were put over that area?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The density isn't ideal - but that has to do with the number of grafts used to cover an area that size. I had 2,000 grafts for a similarly sized area (maybe a tad smaller). Curious as to why he initially quoted you 2,000 but decided on 1,500.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 months later...

Hello, what are your final thoughts?. I got a quotation from Dr. K but it seems like he always recommend the same number of hairs, 5000. I've been speaking long time with his representative trying to make him see that it's not enough for me (I'm N-IV), but he keeps saying that Dr. K will insert those grafts in the proper way so they will be enough. 

Of course, I disagreed and told him that wouldn't be enoug in my case. I tried to make him see that all other Drs. and clinics said otherwise and most of them agreed that my needs were about 3500-4000 grefts (around 8-10K hairs). He just kept saying that they weren't such expert as he is and that I had to trust on his profesiona opinion(which I don't do). 

Would you repeat this surgeon in case you'd start over again?. thanks in advance.

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-21 at 14.17.12.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-21 at 14.17.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-22 at 12.35.40 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-01 at 10.39.43 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-01 at 10.39.43 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-01 at 10.39.43 (4).jpeg

foto.JPG

My hair transplant: 

Dr. Cinik - January 15th 2019. 3500 grafts + 300 beard grafts

21 hours ago, fespafer said:

Hello, what are your final thoughts?. I got a quotation from Dr. K but it seems like he always recommend the same number of hairs, 5000. I've been speaking long time with his representative trying to make him see that it's not enough for me (I'm N-IV), but he keeps saying that Dr. K will insert those grafts in the proper way so they will be enough. 

Of course, I disagreed and told him that wouldn't be enoug in my case. I tried to make him see that all other Drs. and clinics said otherwise and most of them agreed that my needs were about 3500-4000 grefts (around 8-10K hairs). He just kept saying that they weren't such expert as he is and that I had to trust on his profesiona opinion(which I don't do). 

Would you repeat this surgeon in case you'd start over again?. thanks in advance.

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-21 at 14.17.12.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-21 at 14.17.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-22 at 12.35.40 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-01 at 10.39.43 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-01 at 10.39.43 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-01 at 10.39.43 (4).jpeg

foto.JPG

Hey man, 5,000 hairs (around 2,500 +/- some grafts) might give you some coverage but not good enough density in my opinion, from looking at your photos.

5 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

Hey man, 5,000 hairs (around 2,500 +/- some grafts) might give you some coverage but not good enough density in my opinion, from looking at your photos.

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you, it's way short of grafts for my case. I've moved to Dr. Cinik who will use BHT in case my donor area is not enough for 100% covering and good density, which makes me feel more confortable and confident than Dr. K did.

My hair transplant: 

Dr. Cinik - January 15th 2019. 3500 grafts + 300 beard grafts