HT with Dr. Hakan Doganay - 4316 Graphs

yoyooo

Rodhethan - In my earlier posts if you read carefully I posted the amounts I paid as well as my friends. It was pretty much 1.5 Euros per graph including all accommodations excluding airfare.

Hey Alex84 - No I did not notice any shock loss to my existing  hair. I have kept my hair as short as I can so it can't be noticeable but I just saw my friend the other day and he definitely didn't experience any. 

Hey, sorry I think I commented on your other post, I didn't see this updated one. Great progress so far. Sorry for the long post, I'm literally deciding between Dr Doganay and Dr Erdogan right now.

I'm interested in understanding why you chose Doganay over Erdogan. You mention that Erdogan quoted more grafts, is that the only reason why? 

Also, how does the beard transplant work, did they only use that because your head donor hair was weaker than expected? Did they use the beard hair for your crown only (I believe beard hair is not great for hairlines?). I'm a bit worried that using beard hair will leave my beard permanently patchy in the future... but I do have a weak donor area on my head..

Interesting you paid 1.5 euro, Ive been quoted 2 euro for scalp donor hair and 2.5 for any beard hair...though there is some discount if the grafts go above 2000 

OzzyBoy - It's all good!

I was debating between both Dr's but I decided to go with Dr. Hakan Doganay cause he performes the procedure himself. The technicians only assist in the operation. With Dr. Erdogan all his technicians  do the entire procedure. Now I'm not one to say that his work isn't amazing but I felt more comfortable getting it done by an MD. 

The beard hairs are there to fill in and for density. No he didn't use it on the hairline. He only used it in the middle towards the back. I still have a full beard and no patchy spots. Feel like nothing was ever done to be honest. 

The reason I paid that low was I came with a friend so they gave us a packaged deal. Speak to Mohamed he's really friendly and understanding. 

Good Luck.....

17 minutes ago, yoyooo said:

OzzyBoy - It's all good!

I was debating between both Dr's but I decided to go with Dr. Hakan Doganay cause he performes the procedure himself. The technicians only assist in the operation. With Dr. Erdogan all his technicians  do the entire procedure. Now I'm not one to say that his work isn't amazing but I felt more comfortable getting it done by an MD. 

The beard hairs are there to fill in and for density. No he didn't use it on the hairline. He only used it in the middle towards the back. I still have a full beard and no patchy spots. Feel like nothing was ever done to be honest. 

The reason I paid that low was I came with a friend so they gave us a packaged deal. Speak to Mohamed he's really friendly and understanding. 

Good Luck.....

Thanks again. Just received my final quote from Dr Doganay and waiting on Dr Erdogan to provide theirs. Erdogan does not do beard transplants at all, another reason he may not work for me.

One final question regarding Finasteride - I noticed you stopped using it. My wife and I are looking to start a family over the next 12-18 months, what are your thoughts on it? I've read so much about the potential side effects, but that it can also be so beneficial in thickening my hair. Then again, I've read that some people saw no effects at all, so it really is a tricky one. I don't just want to 'give it a go' and gamble, but I guess I can't have everything right. If my hair transplant can be successful without using it, that's my preference.  Both Dr. Doganay and Erdogan have come back to me recommending it though, particularly as I have a weak donor area. 

do you have any idea / have you any experience, how good the technichians of Mr.Hakan Doganay are? I guess, he controls his Team, if you have the HT through the  technichians? or is it a soo bad idea to have the HT with those  technichians? what you think?

Sedar - the technichians just assist with the procedure. Whether they’re good or bad they’re just assisting the Dr. If you’re asking me if I would feel comfortable having a technician doing the procedure without a Dr - I wouldn’t!!! Hey people are getting it done everyday by these technicians to save a lot of $$$. Not me! I rather not take that chance.... 

Ozzyboy - I stopped because I’m not a big fan of taking pills. I took it cause both Dr.’s asked me to. A month after I completely stopped. I’m using the laser hat (igrow) every other day for 25 minutes and using shampoos on a daily basis. Personally if you want to start a family don’t take that chance cause every body reacts different to the drug. Dr. Hakan didn’t say it’s mandatory to take. He just suggested it. Dr Koray said to take it for 6 months and he’ll reevaluate me. You can take biotin 5mg that should also help. Good luck..

Stay away from him. Even he said that doing operation by himself don't belive he is so slow and he can't do the operation anymore. There are plenty good doctor around here. If you need help just let me know. you pm me. 

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice

• 3 weeks later...

4 month update:

I couldn't be happier! Everyone around me is seeing a difference and commenting on my new hairline. This month the hairline grew thick and I can see a difference from the previous month. It's only been 4 months and I'm extremely happy with the results so far. Take a look......

I'll post another picture on the 5th month.

4 months.jpg

Esq - Month 2 and 3 are the worst cause you lose all the hair that they planted and you go back to being as bald as you started the procedure. They say you get results starting in the 4th month so hang in there. You'll be just fine. Keep your head up and think positive....

• 1 month later...

Wheretogo - thank you so much.....

It is very thick and thats why they use 1000 graphs. It's been completely healed for months now and as thick. Can't really tell they took anything from it. I'll post a pic. 

5 1/2 month update:

The hair is coming in thick and to be honest I completely forgot I was going bald. I couldn't be happier so far. I'm keeping it short for now until month 9 or so cause I want it to fill in and look thick. Here's a pic of the hairline and the beard area...378315442_5andhalfmonths.jpg.40471b976b415d8f0558bf3974708fc3.jpg

Beard 5 months.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thanks for updating!

Are you going back to Doganay for your 2nd procedure?.....I hope you don’t....you could do much better going with a different reputable doctor if I’m being honest with you. Your grafts a limited especially going with a 2nd Ht so you must choose wisely.

16 hours ago, VicTNYC said:

Thanks for updating!

Are you going back to Doganay for your 2nd procedure?.....I hope you don’t....you could do much better going with a different reputable doctor if I’m being honest with you. Your grafts a limited especially going with a 2nd Ht so you must choose wisely.

Care to share your experience with Doganay that failed miserably?

VicTnyc - I only have great things to say about my experience! Granted I'm only 10 months in but compared to before its night and day. I knew I would need to have a 2nd procedure and wanted to wait a year to see the results of the 1st. My donor area was weak and they couldn't extract the graphs that I wanted so....

I'm curious to know who you would recommend instead of Dr. Doganay?

Did you have a bad experience with him and the staff?

14 minutes ago, ILtrooper said:

Care to share your experience with Doganay that failed miserably?

I dont have one, but when I was researching him on here there were several cases of him doing unethical and improper procedures in order to cut corners and expenses and increase his profits and rushing procedures that resulted in several botched patients on here, and there was a thread from the Moderators on removing him as a “recommended” surgeon on this site. This was from posts and threads from a couple or a few years ago, but, once a surgeon unethically does things purposefully and willfully they loose my trust.

9 minutes ago, yoyooo said:

VicTnyc - I only have great things to say about my experience! Granted I'm only 10 months in but compared to before its night and day. I knew I would need to have a 2nd procedure and wanted to wait a year to see the results of the 1st. My donor area was weak and they couldn't extract the graphs that I wanted so....

I'm curious to know who you would recommend instead of Dr. Doganay?

Did you have a bad experience with him and the staff?

Hi yoyoo, I haven’t had any experience with Dr Doganay, but, I did a lot of research on here and elsewhere and discovered that he or his clinic were doing unethical and improper procedures on patients that resulted in several with bad results and he was reprimanded on this forum by many for his actions, this occurred a few years ago I believe and this forced him to apologize and correct his actions but he lost my vote and trust.

I’m glad you had a good experience with him and, yes, at your 10-months there is more time for improvement, but, if I’m being totally honest and not blowing smoke, the amount of grafts he did for you should have produced a much better result, hope it does improve for you tho. 

I personally like the results produced HLC clinic, Dr Keser, some of Dr Cinik & Erdogan results, HDC in Greece, the Belgium docs, Dr Lorenzo, Dr Freitas, Dr Couto...and more that have been discussed on here many times.

25 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

@ILtrooper how is your progress coming along?....I haven’t seen an update..

I did update the thread and talked about when the next update be. So far it’s great. I think I maybe a tad faster grower than the average Joe. 

lets move onto your experience. Care to share? Or are you one of those folks just trashing someone because you heard others complained about their experience. And for that reason you should be taken seriously?

Edited by ILtrooper