31yrs Male, NW-3V - 5 Rivers - FUE HT experience with Dr Bhatti

• Administrators

You’re entering the dreaded ugly duckling stage, don’t worry just be patient, growth will start soon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You’re entering the dreaded ugly duckling stage, don’t worry just be patient, growth will start soon.

Thanks Melvin, I read that this phase lasts for around 3-4 months before growth kicks in again. I'm applying minoxidil 5% along with fin, just a tad worried about the native hair loss for now.

Hi Swift,

Your symptoms so far are normal and as mentioned by Melvin you a entering the @Ugly Duckling' stage. The numbness in your recipient area will fade over the coming several weeks. Some sensitivity in the donor region is to be expected and again will fade over the coming weeks.

You should carry on with your aftercare and you should expect to see baby hairs sprouting at the 3-4 month mark. Be positive and be patient.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Swift,

I am having the same pain post-op day 5. Took a combiflam, but no help. Been advised to take a lyrica now. I will be on a plane for 15 hours tomorrow, hopefully the pain will be bearable. Would welcome any advice/suggestions here.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Swift,

Your symptoms so far are normal and as mentioned by Melvin you a entering the @Ugly Duckling' stage. The numbness in your recipient area will fade over the coming several weeks. Some sensitivity in the donor region is to be expected and again will fade over the coming weeks.

You should carry on with your aftercare and you should expect to see baby hairs sprouting at the 3-4 month mark. Be positive and be patient.

Thanks Shera. I finally got an 8 weeks update, better than before :) Numbness still exists though, maybe not to the extent that I suffered a month back.

What painkillers do people/you take for that?

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply. I have been traveling for the past month and for some reason, did not get any email notification.

I took lyrica, the only painkiller that worked for me but do take doctor's advice before you have one.

Hi Swift,

I am having the same pain post-op day 5. Took a combiflam, but no help. Been advised to take a lyrica now. I will be on a plane for 15 hours tomorrow, hopefully the pain will be bearable. Would welcome any advice/suggestions here.

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply. I have been traveling for the past month and for some reason, did not get any email notification.

I hope you are doing well, you can message me if in case you need an advice. Since you just got your HT, first month is crucial and I would take extra care if I were you. Try avoiding wearing a cap or a helmet, many people will look at your new look but if you are confident nobody will notice.

The donor pain was a bitch for me, 12 days of constant pain but paracetamol and ibuprofen reduce it alot

For me the pain did subside after 10 days, but still had enough pain that troubled during sleeping. Lyrica worked for me, none of the other pain killers seemed to have any affect on me.

8 Weeks update

Attached the pics with my progress, still got a little numbness on my recipient area. Just today I saw that I have a pimple on my vertex/crown, maybe its due to the usage on baby oil I have been applying. I'm continuing with Biotin and Finasteride along with applying baby oil and minoxidil 5% solution once a day.

Let me know what you think at 8 week mark? good progress?

IMG_7839.thumb.jpg.17bf31d112733400adf869ad951e5d20.jpg

IMG_7856.thumb.jpg.552315f39512e1a7a2a6f0ee231355fa.jpg

IMG_7847.thumb.jpg.e41ea43fd7a99b70a9dfd9efef3357ef.jpg

IMG_7828.thumb.jpg.566eb0a05b5535fd8a8f8cf2eb1e9377.jpg

What do you think of it? good, bad or average?

Have to wait until the 1 year mark.

I find it interesting because there's a clear gap between the native hair and transplanted area.

You're probably not gonna buzz your hair so I think it'll be undetectable when the hair grows. But i've never seen this design before. Is it something the surgeon recommended to save your graft count or did you decide on this design?

Have to wait until the 1 year mark.

I find it interesting because there's a clear gap between the native hair and transplanted area.

You're probably not gonna buzz your hair so I think it'll be undetectable when the hair grows. But i've never seen this design before. Is it something the surgeon recommended to save your graft count or did you decide on this design?

I thought that too there was a gap between the native hair and the transplanted area at first till I visited the clinic the next day and then they showed that my native hair was razed off to almost zero just above the transplanted area thus making it appear like there is a gap but that's not the case. It's not that clear in the picture that I uploaded it seems but rest assure there is no gap.

and yes I do not plan to have a buzz cut and the hair line design was chosen by the Dr with my consent.

• 1 month later...

13 Week update

Im not sure if there has been any significant hair growth, there does seem to be small thin hair growth and baldness is still very visible, Im continuing with the Fin, Biotin and Minox 5% everyday.

Let me know what you guys think about the progress? Im hoping I will be able to see some coverage in the next month but crown growth from what I have heard is the slowest, finger crossed.

At this point, It sort of looks like pre-ops pic. At some angles the baldness looks even more significant, and at some it looks like there is plenty of thin hair growth. Confusing :/ 

IMG_8692.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

IMG_8760.JPG

IMG_8765.JPG

IMG_8768.jpg

Hi Swifty,

For 13 weeks your hair looks like it is progressing well. You should see a noticeable difference month by month now.

The crown will as usual take longer.

There is nothing to worry about. Stay positive.

Edited by Shera

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

17 Week update

I'm finally able to see some difference between my pictures from week 13 and week 17. Frontal hair has grown further, not densely packed as I had hoped them to be but it's only been 4 months  - hoping them to be dense by 6 months as it looks strange at the moment with wavy hair, fingers crossed. I can see some improvement in the crown area but it has been a slow progress, scalp is still visible with thin hair.

Im continuing with the Fin, Biotin and Minox 5% everyday.

Let me know your thoughts.

IMG_9200.jpg

IMG_9203.jpg

IMG_9202.jpg

IMG_9373.jpg

IMG_9367.jpg

IMG_9361.jpg

IMG_9362.jpg

23 hours ago, Lt. Dangle said:

lol does this doctor really believe he's gonna achieve any density on the crown with grafts placed that far apart? The crown needs dense tight packing this is just the opposite. This will result in simply a less thinning looking crown which is a failure cause thats essentially what he has now!

I really wonder why anyone choses this doctor when there are so many better choices and that frontal hairline looks like an 8 year old took a marker and started making random dots on the front of his head smh.

There is absolutely ZERO artist skill in the hairline design! Awful! Again, I cant wrap my head around why this doctor is recommended? I have yet to see even a "Good" result from him let alone great! Smh

Lt. Dangle,

I’m not sure exactly who you are or what your agenda is however, Dr. Bhatti  been producing outstanding results for years and has demonstrated  this since he’s been approved for recommendation by this community based on high standards. 

To address your concerns about the crown, I disagree. For starters, the grafts or not spaced that far apart however, you are right - It won’t result in that much density. However, consider the facts.   The patient is only 31 years of age and has been losing hair for the last five years.   Frankly, it would be responsible for the surgeon to densely packed grafts in such a small area of the crown when it is likely to expand. Have you ever heard of the halo effect?   If this patient’s hair loss continues, it is much better that he has more grafts available in the donor area for transplanting with a slightly thinner crown so that he doesn’t end up with a big dense patch of hair in the middle of his crown with hair loss all around it. 

Also, considering all you see is scabs at this point, how can you even evaluate the hairline design? You are causing unnecessary distress to the patient. 

However, your contempt for this particular surgeon is uncanny and it makes it look like you have an agenda especially when he has a proven track record of producing excellent results on this community. 

I have already received a couple complaints about your postings, some from the clinic and some from other patient members. If I see that this is not an isolated incident and you’re just going from post- to post bad mouthing this particular surgeon, then it will become evident to me that you have an agenda and  I will have to take action to prevent you from ongoing trolling. 

Best wishes,

Bill 

17 hours ago, Hairs1 said:

Those looks like old school plugs on the hairline. Why doesnt he blend in the transplanted hairs with native hairs?!

Hairs,

I’m not sure what makes you think this procedure looks like old time hair plugs however, this is not true at all.   If you aren’t aware, in most cases, Indian  hair is often thicker than Caucasian hair and as a result, larger incisions are necessary to hold the grafts. Otherwise, they would be popping out.   I think if you look at Dr. Bhatti’s  results overall, you will see that he has a proven track record of producing excellent results. Not only that, but if you look at incisions made on other Indian scallops by other leading hair restoration surgeons, you will see that what you see in this case is very common. 

What out of people only have a little bit of information and education and as they say, a little bit of information is dangerous. Because you know just enough to make comments that could really harm someone but the information you have isn’t complete. Sure, on a Caucasian scalp this might look inappropriate, but this is very common on Indian scalps.  

I do hope that your comments are just due to a lack of some information and aren’t like the other poster above who seems to have an agenda against the surgeon.

Best wishes,

Bill