2500 FUT with Dr Cooley

Hey guys. Long time lurker and finally getting my HT tomorrow with Dr Cooley. Feeling excited and nervous and scared. Doing some last minute online researching today of what to expect on the day of and after. Something has me very concerned. I cut my hair to a #2. I had my hair cut this past Tuesday to a number 2 all around. Tuesday was the 10th. My surgery is tomorrow Monday the 16th. So almost 1 week later. Do you think my hair will be to short or somehow this will cause a problem? I'm really freaking out after reading some online posts about doctors asking their paitents to leave the hair in the back grow for 2 months before. Thoughts anyone to help me sleep better tonight?

Edited by MikeinOrlando
Added info

First thing you need to do is relax. You chose one of the best surgeons around. I know this because I had a procedure with him over a year and a half ago. I don't think you have anything to worry about by cutting your hair. What I will tell you is that you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow so if possible try and get some rest. I am guessing you are staying at the Hilton Garden. I would suggest getting up a little early and getting some food at the buffet in the morning. The hotel with provide you transportation to the clinic which is about 5 minutes away. The nurse will check your vitals when you first arrive then Dr Cooley will come in and go over the procedure. If I can remember correctly my surgery was over about 6pm. Trust me when I say they day flies by rather quickly. I spent a lot of time talking to Dr Cooley and Brandi his amazing lead technician. I wasn't in very much pain after the surgery. I actually walked to the food lion grocery store after I got back to the hotel. I expected to be bed ridden but it wasn't like that at all. Most important advice I have is follow the instructions about using the spray they give you it makes all the difference in your healing. The day after your surgery you will go in for a hair wash and an examination. Then it's a big waiting game. I wish you best of luck but trust me you are in great hands with Dr Cooley.

• Like 1

You're certainly in safe hands with Dr. C. Hope all is going well with your procedure.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Congratulations on your recent procedure with Dr Cooley. I'm confident that it all went smoothly and as JON86 mentioned, the day probably went super quick! Now sit back and relax!

Like you I also had my procedure with Dr Cooley back in December 2017 and everything is going really well. If you need anything feel free to PM me and we can talk. All the best and look forward to hearing your updates.