Hair is a lot thicker when wet than it is dry? almost 4 months post OP

So when I run the shower head over my scalp and soak my hair under the water, my hair looks thick as the water is running on it (presumably due to the water pressure pushing the hair down). But when dry the recipient area looks a lot less dense.

Is this normal during the overall HT journey and did anybody notice the same?

The hair shafts are thicker when absorbed with water and that's why you probably notice what appears to be thicker hair.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The hair shafts are thicker when absorbed with water and that's why you probably notice what appears to be thicker hair.

Thanks.

Did you or anybody else notice this during your hair transplants?

It also depends on the length. The porosity of hair does not allow for much outward expansion but rather the hairs will clump together making them appear to be larger in diameter, when they are in fact multiple hairs.

Hi Dr. Yes thank you, you describe it well.

Is this a common occurrence during the HT process, or rather did you get a lot of similar comments from your patients?

Hi Dr. Yes thank you, you describe it well.

Is this a common occurrence during the HT process, or rather did you get a lot of similar comments from your patients?

I'll let the doctor answer too but I wouldn't think this really has anything to do with the HT process. It's just like he said, the water makes multiple hairs clump together which gives the illusion of more density.

I always like the look of my hair after I get out of the shower but before drying it. One thing I do notice though is I see more scalp because, like he said, the hairs are clumping together.

I'll let the doctor answer too but I wouldn't think this really has anything to do with the HT process. It's just like he said, the water makes multiple hairs clump together which gives the illusion of more density.

I always like the look of my hair after I get out of the shower but before drying it. One thing I do notice though is I see more scalp because, like he said, the hairs are clumping together.

Yes true. I was just wondering if anybody else noticed the same thing during their hair transplant journey? I've not seen any other mention of this anywhere online either.

Thanks.

Did you or anybody else notice this during your hair transplants?

Yes I noticed it with my own hair post-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY