Grew my hair out for evaluation.

Hey guys,

I had my head clipped with a 0 guard when I started to try to get consultations and was told I needed to grow out my hair to make an evaluation . Well here I am after 2 months of growth .

I still have most of my hair line and I don’t mind where it is but the left side has receded more and would want to get it evened out . Of course behind the hairline is where the trouble starts. In the really thin areas I can si miniature hairs that seem to never grow . I’ve been on fin for 10 months and 5% for 6 months .

Questions for the vets

Fue or FUt - I used to wear my hair with a 2 guard at the bottom

Hairs/grafts estimates

67B1A4C7-551A-4C40-A3ED-0DA5153576AC.thumb.jpg.738033eefb3b6405d9d3a7416e4fec24.jpg

5BD986AF-9D51-4945-8F25-28B6D83F3261.thumb.jpg.2943b3f1c567db08753b386fa46085c9.jpg

1CD75AEC-CA73-4D4A-BA24-16A232117C74.thumb.jpg.edcc22d91e96c50a724735fcfc1e8a03.jpg

5B5B9FF6-69B3-484D-B06A-B8E9CF8F2045.jpg.4371a9e67ee465bc021245471deb61c0.jpg

Damn that sux ..

U had nice hair back then .. In 5 years u lost a lot ..

looks like u going to need a couple of transplants in ur life .. so u need a lot of hair . N fut will Maximize ur donor capability .. but it looks like u going to be keeping ur hair short throughout ur life .. so I be worried about the fut scar.. with FUe U get less grafts from ur donor but if u need to later in life at least u can Shave it all off n not have a smiley face on the back of ur head which make ur even more self conscious.. u got decisions to make .. plan ahead ..

If you like to wear your hair that short, FUE.

That is quite an unusually hair loss pattern, but I think you could make a big difference by transplanting behind your hairline with relatively few grafts since you aren't recreating it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

I was in the same boat, within 5 years I went from decent head of hair to nearly bald, if you want to maintain a short hair style get FUE. I would focus on reinforcing the hairline and adding density, I figure 2,000 grafts should be enough, you will need to have more surgeries to work on the midscalp and crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.