2100 grafts with Dr Nader in Reynosa, Mexico

phl318

• 1 month later...

5 month update.  Not much has changed in the last 4 weeks.  Uploading 2 pictures for different perspective.  Still very, very satisfied with my progress and hopefully it'll get better in the next 6-10 months.  Honestly, if it stopped right here I'd still be very happy, my hair looks so much better than it did before, much darker, much fuller, and looks completely natural.  Some of my friends have commented that they are so used to the way my hair looks they forgot I even got a transplant.

See ya in a month or so.

20180912_091527-picsay.jpg.cffba27e1240a70f14511b2194df154f.jpg20180912_091624-picsay.jpg.7b22978cb1f00c7641b49e9842ec60f7.jpg

Edited by phl318

It is great! But I do have to give some thoughts. You're a thinning guy, not at bald guy now. That's a big difference in the snap impression you make. Balding guy isn't the first impression any longer. Actually it is pretty great for only month five. Some people have not really seen much growth yet by then. It will thicken at least a little  more for sure.  I did some really quick calculations because I am considering getting the same area done and your hairline was similar to mine. Anyhow I am getting about 94 sq. CM.  With the total grafts you got, if you were completely bald in the transplanted area you would end up with about 23 grafts per cm2 and that is really low. I would say even maybe slightly lower than your are seeing right now.  I know it depends on how thick your hair is. But hair looks pretty see through and wispy in just about everyone until around 40. Then the guys with really fat hairs start looking whatever that stage is where it isn't thick like Stalin. But not obviously thinning.  This is a guess...but in the areas where you still had hair on the front 1/3 it looks like you started with around 20 follicles per cm2. If you get really good survival rates you will be right there in the 40 cm2 range.  I suppose you can look at the spots in the very front where there was no hair to begin with and get a sense of how much of the transplanted hair is growing now...and assuming you get more growth....and expect you will....where your end results will be.  

phl318 it should be looking good at about a year. You had a pretty large area to cover so i'm sure you know a 2nd fue transplant is going to be needed to get good density. I knew i'd need more than one procedure going into mine 4 years ago. I'm 7 months out from my last Nader fue. I was super balding before and had a big 5 (or 6) head haha. None the hair in the first 3 inches or so of my hairline was there before. I'm really happy with my hair now. 

1 ht #3.jpg

1 ht #3 5.jpg

I understand where you are coming from, but I have to ask - how old are you?  I'm 42, and if you look around at most men who are 42 years old they really don't have crazy dense or low hairlines.  If you are in your 30s, I'm sure having a thick, full head of hair is what you want.   At my age, I'm more happy if having "decent" hair density.  I don't need, or even want, hair that looks "too good".  I've always been a little thin so if I showed up one day with movie-star hair my friends and family would be like "wtf".

As I've said, I'm very happy and if my hair stopped right here and didn't get any denser, I'd still be happy.   I"m sure it'll get more full as time goes on, so I'm looking forward to reassessing my situation at the 12-15 month mark.  Right now, I'm really happy.  I'll keep updating and hopefully my final result is a good one.

• 2 months later...

Well, I haven't had an update in a while so I figured it's time.  My apologies for not sticking to the schedule, been busy with other things.  First, some pictures.  One is a frontal, one is in direct light (as much as I could get shining on my head) and one is not with the light directly on my hair.  I think what I'm generally feeling is that when I don't have a light shining RIGHT on top of my head, my hair looks great.  Absolutely fine, maybe a little thin but for me it's age appropriate.  It's light years better than before, and it sure seems as if it's getting better as time goes on.  I'm approaching the 8 month mark, and I would guess the 12 or 18 month mark will be what my "final" results will be.  Again, right now I'm extremely satisfied.

Anyway, here are the pics.  If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to fire away.

20181128_181940-picsay.jpg.201096a7eba5a368d600740ee251d5fd.jpg20181128_181927-picsay.jpg.5dd84db4803935b75fb54ec9bdaefbc8.jpg20181128_182028-picsay.jpg.84749ff245ae5a24a898172fdf6e5c11.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, it's been almost exactly a year.  Amazing how time flies.  And just 2 weeks ago I started pushing my hair back like the way I used to do it before, and I'm astonished how much I feel like "the old me".  Looking in the mirror is fabulous, it looks thick and dark.  Now, taking a close up photo in direct light makes it look like I have much less hair but that's positively not how it looks when I look in the mirror.  I've been asking a few friends of mine what they think and they have either a) forgotten I did anything (the most common response) and b)thinks it looks great.  I went to a funeral today and saw some guys I don't see often and they thought my hair looked great.  My family doesn't say anything (my wife acts like she doesn't care), but I can't tell you guys how often I look at my hair in the mirror and laugh.  Also, strangely, my previous hair used to be curly/kinky in certain spots up front and was a pain in the ass to comb, while my hair in the back and sides was more straight.  One of the benefits of this transplant is my hair is actually more manageable now.  Anyway, I'm sure you're all tired of this, so here are the pics.  I'l try to update again in 3 months then 6 months then maybe at the 2 year mark, but for now I'm just enjoying life.         

The first few pictures are selfies taken at very close range, focusing right on my hair, and in the worst light possible (bright, focused bathroom lights).  The last two pictures are taken further away in a normal room.  As you can see in the last two, I look like I have a full head of hair.  And a nice hairline.  Absolutely amazing.  Thank you again, Dr Nader!

So, my final thoughts on my 1 year update - I couldn't be happier.  It looks natural, it's thick and dark (remember, I always had thin hair), and I absolutely am happy with how it turned out.

20190413_114732-picsay.jpg.87a4b1e48b81711e90bf32ceb11e0358.jpg20190413_185552-picsay.jpg.c3d0729dbc0dec1f162759d8ee91987c.jpg20190413_191046-picsay.jpg.ce852b939c0b0b10d73942e058bf4d42.jpg20190413_190832-picsay.jpg.af4cdfa257168e74d4f279fdd4aaa180.jpg

Edited by phl318

Oh, by the way, when I say "taken further away" I mean with my arm fully extended.  I might actually ask my wife to take a few pictures of me like 5-10 feet away and we can take a look at what other people actually see.  I'll try to do that if I remember.  

The last pic is actually very close to what I see when I'm in the mirror and what I suppose more like what people view me as from 3-10 feet away.

Edited by phl318

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry I haven't posted I don't even think about the fact that I ever had a hair transplant anymore.   Here are the latest pics just taken yesterday.   Can't really tell if things got thicker or not, I mean, I'm just very satisfied with my results and don't even think about it, as I'm not looking for improvement.  The pics actually look slightly thicker from before but I'll leave that up to you guys.  Still very happy and glad I went with Dr Nader. 

20190818_172545-picsay.jpg

20190818_172552-picsay.jpg

20190818_172728-picsay.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phl318 said:

Yeah, sorry I haven't posted I don't even think about the fact that I ever had a hair transplant anymore.   Here are the latest pics just taken yesterday.   Can't really tell if things got thicker or not, I mean, I'm just very satisfied with my results and don't even think about it, as I'm not looking for improvement.  The pics actually look slightly thicker from before but I'll leave that up to you guys.  Still very happy and glad I went with Dr Nader. 

20190818_172545-picsay.jpg

20190818_172552-picsay.jpg

20190818_172728-picsay.jpg

Is there any product in your hair in these pics?

I couldn't recommend Dr Nader enough.  Obviously his work speaks for itself.  I know some guys said they would have gotten more density or another graft session but I'm so satisfied that I am not even thinking of it.  Of course, I'm 43 years old now so I might feel differently if I was 30, but I'm completely satisfied. 

So glad I didn't listen to my wife. 

• Like 2