Dr Diep - FUE 1633 Grafts

Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline of my FUE hair transplant I had with Dr. Diep on 3/29/18. I had 1633 grafts placed to lower my hairline and fill in some recession on my temples. I also did the Acell treatment.

Here are some pics before, 3 days Post OP, and Pre OP

userimage-2896234.jpg.506df7fce3a15453008bb574d290ee07.jpg

userimage-2896235.jpg.67d9a7eeade1fc8a0f320bd16c52704c.jpg

userimage-2896236.jpg.2e54c675e8104658e4ff696e11ce42b1.jpg

userimage-2896237.jpg.bed470be64bf5b95b63a5d2ba1c67e80.jpg

1.jpg.6706210bff9e59d79dda982641fd0352.jpg

2.jpg.b28fd8f5a3f88ece585d854e81e652da.jpg

3.jpg.d7e56bd4bd3624096df1d0b92a7e3156.jpg

Edited by Matisse1

I'm a bit worried about the donor area looking patchy after it grows in. I told the doctor I wanted to use the smallest punch possible since I have fine hair but he insisted on using .9mm to 1mm for healthy grafts. I hope the larger punch didn't hurt the surrounding hair.

I've been applying neosporin pain, itch, and scar to the donor hoping to accelerate the healing process. It's quite red still and I hope that subsides soon. I'll have to wear a beanie to work for the coming week or two.

9 Days Post OP

-Also added some donor pics in natural lighting

Does the donor area look okay?

Anybody whos undergone an FUE, let me know. Thank you.

20180407_160845.thumb.jpg.bb4083a1a97701c60fcd4e0a3cb1c109.jpg

20180407_160522.thumb.jpg.53a5883763d9603ea7184453822d53d4.jpg

donorcropped1.thumb.jpg.e0ccb6857204df9f132ffe1294a66601.jpg

donorcropped2.thumb.jpg.f983f236fb13a27a7d0726c8edc47d23.jpg

Edited by Matisse1

With that punch size, anything under s number 2 guard, you'll likely see the dots.

Dr diep is known to use larger punches and it really shows. ... The post op photos of his work is always pretty bloody. Hope it works out for you. I know I'm not gonna be the only one that's says I don't think you needed a ht.

It actually doesn’t look too bad .. I’ve seen worse bloody donor areas from his clinic .. the work itself to ur recipient looks clean n dense ..

Yeah he did go kinda high on the donor area close to the non safe zone .. give it some time to heal and see how things go ..

- can u give a write up of ur experience on ur day of surgery , The techs , how many patients he was working on , n how long was ur procedure .. were u asleep most of the time ? Etc ..

He's using a punch size at more than double the diameter of what most FUE surgeons do. His results in the recipient are consistently top notch but I don't see how it's not totally reckless to opt for a surgeon without the same level of care for the donor.

He never should have done the HT on you in the first place. Too young, nothing wrong with your original hairline, and he went really low which could lead to issues down the road if you do have hair loss.

• 1 year later...

how old are you? personally i didnt think you needed to lower your hairline, your native hair was naturally perfect .. not even the best HT doctor can recreate what nature gave you

best of luck in your healing and growth

• 5 months later...

Diep does great hairlines so for the number of grafts in a small area you should have a great result.

However, I do agree with the other comments - don't think you needed a HT right now. Your hairline may have slightly receded from your youthful teenage days but nothing to get worried about. You will most likely need to use fin for the rest of your life because if your original hairline continues to recede then you will need another operation in 4-5 years time.

Good luck.

I picked this up on another thread - but it has been bought to my attention once again, is there any explanation to dieps extraction pattern? Pretty much every Diep patient I've seen on here recently have had grafts taken from outside of the traditional 'safe donor zone'. This guys almost had grafts taken from his crown! 

On 8/25/2020 at 7:59 AM, Vpac said:

Diep does great hairlines so for the number of grafts in a small area you should have a great result.

However, I do agree with the other comments - don't think you needed a HT right now. Your hairline may have slightly receded from your youthful teenage days but nothing to get worried about. You will most likely need to use fin for the rest of your life because if your original hairline continues to recede then you will need another operation in 4-5 years time.

Good luck.

I’m beginning to question the motive of all these HT doctors. It’s all about the money and that’s end of story. Out of the 5 consultations I had with the top tier doctors, only one of them gave it to me straight and actually cared about my future/longevity with donor hair. They actually look at future of my hair loss progressing. Mega sessions and doing HT for patients who don’t need it is becoming more common. I think doctors should be more upfront about the data and a long term plan instead of just performing surgeries. It’s just my two cents though. If someone wants to get 5k in one session when they only need 2-3k, then so be it. Lol

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 2

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23