2700 grafts 26/03/18 - Dr. Koray Erdogan (Asmed)

pancake

HI everybody! I have been checking this forum for a few months and at the begining of this week I had a surgery with Koray Erdogan. (Sorry for my English as my mother tongue is not the English..) So it is time to do my bit. :)

21st March (Wednesday)

I arrived to Istanbul, they picked me up and left me in the Hotel Radisson Blue Asia, the hotel is very nice and great views. I went a bit earlier as I wanted to do some tourism. Be careful with the taxi driver, some of them will try to con you so have an eye on the taximeter all the time..

23rd March (Friday)

About 12pm they picked us and took to the Asmed Clinic, the clinic is amazing with a very beautiful reef Fish tank. They took me some pictures with my long hair (dry and wet) and after that Dr Koray saw me for about 10 min, he evaluated my hair and draw my the front hairline. After that, they shaved my head and redrawed the final hairline and took again new pictures. It was important leave the painting the all weekend, so I couldn?t wash my hair (well head lol) for 2 weeks and I had to wear a hat in the meantime to hide the blue ink on my head lol.

26th March (Monday)

I woke up at 6am and at 6:30 I had breakfast and they picked us up at 7:10. They shaved me again. At 8am I was in the theatre getting the injections. the anahestetic didn?t work on me very well and they couldn?t put me more so they insert an I.V with some analgesic. The extraction lasted over 3 hours (they were extracting about 800graft/hour), we stopped 15 min for lunch and went to the chair again.. Dr Koray came and started to open the canals and 2 assistants started to implant the hair. I finished about 4:30.

I have been on Propecia for 4 months. If you are going to Turkey for a hair transplant and you want to get Propecia the price in the pharmacy is 150lt, about ?30 per box (28 tabs). I would recommended get them there as they are cheaper..

Donor area 9600

Grafts 2700 (200 on the templates)

Transplanted density 2.24

Thickness of hair 53

These are my amateur pictures before surgery;

https://imgur.com/a/Y26zM

hNdCsNv.jpg

2o4sldt.jpg

hBY9rNA.jpg

nTBJ6fg.jpg

fSlD5M7.jpg

g1crkyR.jpg

Pictures with dry and wet hair.

https://imgur.com/a/IrDFs

og9URvx.jpg

6Z5748S.jpg

Eouhqu3.jpg

9bp9TSS.jpg

Wgzj4AM.jpg

lbXpAf8.jpg

vTFLhS3.jpg

Shaved head.

https://imgur.com/a/qAh3W

6Xzi9u6.jpg

2rkN9RO.jpg

DQZCrjP.jpg

6zg1nhn.jpg

gndpR9A,jpg

aIXBm2h.jpg

ovQkW2b.jpg

ovQkW2b.jpg

aZE5xDa.jpg

XiGCBFQ.jpg

1st day after surgery;

https://imgur.com/a/nszIT

P2xS23V.jpg

PAH0UZ1.jpg

pvysCCj

wKIAPJL.jpg

vuFfmzk.jpg

tbjF4Mu.jpg

PN003Sg.jpg

u6Ye3Ou.jpg

tCUbTbd.jpg

Thanks guys! The Asmed drivers are very professionals although they don?t speak much English. The problems is when you get a cab in IStanbul, some of them they will try to con you.. :mad:

I am today on my day 16th.

I don?t feel more pins and needles in my donor area. So I can say now I am totally fine. The hair hasn?t started to fall off but it may do it soon...

Scabs free, the receptor area is still a bit red and I am putting on that area pure aloea vera.

Day 12th

MFQuT9N.jpg

UGLbw5y.jpg

JfGNp3W.jpg

Next update in 2 weeks more..

Thanks guys! The Asmed drivers are very professionals although they don?t speak much English. The problems is when you get a cab in IStanbul, some of them they will try to con you.. :mad:

Hahaha, yes, picking a cab is a very unique experience in Istanbul. I strongly recommend using Uber or similar services in cities like this :)

On the other hand, your evolution looks great and very clean, mate! Congrats! :)

Hi Mate

You had good hair before and your donor is high so I expect an excellent result here, redness looks fine to me it is just a really slow process for that to heal I think for everyone, I see you said you had 200 grafts in the temples I wondered to myself how many was put into mine but I don’t know the answer.

Will follow your thread bro so keep updating us

• 2 weeks later...

HI guys! new update coming.. The recipient area is sometimes very itchy and it is depend on the day can be more or less red. The donor area is fine I think, i just feel sometimes with my fingers some short hair so I guess I had some shock loss on the donor area and they are growin up now..

I would say the shedding is 95%..

https://imgur.com/a/ohNaSRR

fymcYC2.jpg

Rlkl1bU.jpg

8VyP1XX.jpg

WTucdPd.jpg

oBqau0d.jpg

VAOqlbm.jpg

If we make a big zoom on the recipient area we see this..; Those black small dots is the hair trying to grow up or to early for that?

qqvT4gT.jpg

FoFEHUa.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
For itchiness, apply fresh Aloe Vera Gel.

Yes I have been doing that thanks, after a month and a half is not too bad now. For the redness I have been using rosehip oil and it seems it is working.

How much did it cost for you at ASMED? I have similar loss just started looking for surgeons.

It was 6750€ (2.5€ per graft), hotel, transfer (Airport-hotel-clinic) and translator inclusive in the price. I had to pay for my flights.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As you said Kaliber, this last month has been magic, big improvement. I have notices it, my friend have noticided and my workmates as well.

The recipient area has been a bit itchy in the last months but I guess it is normal.. I guess more hair needs to grow up in this stage? both reciding hairline seem simetric, how do you see it for 4 months guys?

4 momths

GkI2KZx.jpg
lcmNDrv.jpg
rieXcet.jpg
lSAOehz.jpg
yJJZaTo.jpg
6PpmfYZ.jpg
https://imgur.com/a/ar8qjnv

On 7/26/2018 at 2:15 PM, pancake said:

As you said Kaliber, this last month has been magic, big improvement. I have notices it, my friend have noticided and my workmates as well.

The recipient area has been a bit itchy in the last months but I guess it is normal.. I guess more hair needs to grow up in this stage? both reciding hairline seem simetric, how do you see it for 4 months guys?

4 momths

GkI2KZx.jpg
lcmNDrv.jpg
rieXcet.jpg
lSAOehz.jpg
yJJZaTo.jpg
6PpmfYZ.jpg
https://imgur.com/a/ar8qjnv

Hey man great results so far! Are you taking minoxidil post surgery or just finasteride? Much appreciated and thanks for the post. I have my op in a week and a half

14 hours ago, Friedman said:

Wow, the recipient area is still quite red after 2 and even 3 months. I just had my transplant 5 days ago, so this worries me... 

Don’t worry, it’s depend on the patient.. maybe you are the one with no redness :)

1 hour ago, literalno said:

Hey man great results so far! Are you taking minoxidil post surgery or just finasteride? Much appreciated and thanks for the post. I have my op in a week and a half

Koray doesn’t recommend take minoxidil. I’m taking 1mg of finasteride a day(propecia) and piorin(vitamins)

2 hours ago, HairDew said:

I had my recipient area pink for about 4 months. It's normal.

I see... I didn't fully realize what I got myself into... 4 months is a really long time. 

Edited by Friedman

1 hour ago, pancake said:

Don’t worry, it’s depend on the patient.. maybe you are the one with no redness :)

Koray doesn’t recommend take minoxidil. I’m taking 1mg of finasteride a day(propecia) and piorin(vitamins)

Hey that's absolutely great to hear, I'm getting one done with Rahal soon who recommends it but I really do not want to. Do you know of the specific reason as to why Dr. Erdogan doesn't recommend the use of minox?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the pictures of my 5th month. After being taken propecia for about 9 months I notice my hair thicker. I don´t worry about the wind if it move the hair covering my reciding hairline which is great!:). I still need to gain more density but I can feel some sprouts coming thorugh when I touch the recipient area.

I can´t wait for the 6th month to start to use hair product!

5 months

wuoukzx.jpg
S2sxDbv.jpg
UBn42si.jpg
cX6Xxlv.jpg
87fuc2G.jpg
lpqSntg.jpg
Uar9nMj.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/skz72op

Yeah that's looking good once the density increases and the hairs get longer that's a great improvement. 

I tried propecia for 11 months and experienced sides so I quit and then had post finasteride syndrome for several months so I will never touch it personally