SMP after FUE HT ?

I require my clients to wait at least 18 months minimum; whether a FUT, FUE, strip scar or any HT surgery for that matter. There's alot going on under the scalp and just because it looks healed on the outside, there still is healing going on underneath.

Your body will see the needle and pigment as a new "injury." Too soon will prompt excess collagen production which will form over the pigment in the scar tissue making it looked faded and with a blue tone.

You can have it done as soon as you like, but the pigment will be absorbed and appear faded by the new collagen growth. You will have to go back time and time again. Although the SMP-MS (scalp micropigmentation multi-session) companies will tell you different, just be patient and don't waste your money. There is an HT doctor in California that does the HT and SMP at the same time just to pad his pockets.

Edited by MarkWestonHair

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

I require my clients to wait at least 18 months minimum; whether a FUT, FUE, strip scar or any HT surgery for that matter. There's alot going on under the scalp and just because it looks healed on the outside, there still is healing going on underneath.

Your body will see the needle and pigment as a new "injury." Too soon will prompt excess collagen production which will form over the pigment in the scar tissue making it looked faded and with a blue tone.

You can have it done as soon as you like, but the pigment will be absorbed and appear faded by the new collagen growth. You will have to go back time and time again. Although the SMP-MS (scalp micropigmentation multi-session) companies will tell you different, just be patient and don't waste your money. There is an HT doctor in California that does the HT and SMP at the same time just to pad his okpockets.

Well, that makes more sense.

Thank you.

Now I can stop thinking about it and just wait till next year.

Well, that makes more sense.

Thank you.

Now I can stop thinking about it and just wait till next year.

I would be happy to help you next year.

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

I don’t know where one member got 6 weeks from, but I would have said at least 12 months to allow the hair from the hair transplant to fully grow in and mature. At 6 weeks, you may be mostly healed from hair transplant surgery but most of the new hairs will have shed. If you undergo SMP, how will the practitioner know where to place the micro dots? But once the hair grows in, there’s no guesswork.

Best wishes,

Bill

I don’t know where one member got 6 weeks from, but I would have said at least 12 months to allow the hair from the hair transplant to fully grow in and mature. At 6 weeks, you may be mostly healed from hair transplant surgery but most of the new hairs will have shed. If you undergo SMP, how will the practitioner know where to place the micro dots? But once the hair grows in, there’s no guesswork.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill fror the additonal input. Some multi-session scalp pigmentation companies are over eager to get customers' money and tell them anything to do so. So I honestly believe Etownone was told that.