5000 Graft FUE, Dr Koray Erdogan 19-20 April 2018

At the members request, this topic has been closed. You can view his more detailed account with photos by clicking here.

Hi guys ... long time lurker here. Its taken me 5+ years to decide on a HT. I am 38 from the North of the UK. I have chosen to go with Dr Koray Erdogan of Asmed in Turkey, I have not taken this decision lightly and believe Asmed to be at the forefront of FUE from my research, hopefully I am proven correct!

Of the negative reviews I can find of Dr Erdogan, I believe it to be more the wrong patient than a bad hair transplant.

For example, I believe this patient would not be happy with any surgery from any Dr :

Payam

I have researched heavily on this forum and others, the following reviews helped me choose Asmed & Dr Erdogan:

And a youtube diary:

HT Fanboy

Thanks to all these guys for your in-depth reviews!

I will try to leave a review in DEB1982 style as I feel this review made up my mind!

Pre Surgery Care

My patient coordinator is Sema , she has been excellent so far, made the deposit and all information I need to comply with so clear, it has been a breeze so far. Deposit paid, flights booked, insurance bought, visa bought.

Thanks guys I will update from the 17/4/2018 onwards

I didnt realise my hair was so bad until I got a friend to take the following image:

1.jpg.4523b606f60542e9e01cf4de9f3c3cdb.jpg

Edited by Bill - Managing Publisher

That's a high ambition you have there, being as detailed as those guys. Hope you deliver on the promise. :)

Myself I followed Jaxx, Hamburger and Deb the closest. Really, really appreciate the effort from everyone that comes back and gives an update no matter the satisfaction of the result.

Wish you all the luck!

Hi guys ... long time lurker here. Its taken me 5+ years to decide on a HT. I am 38 from the North of the UK. I have chosen to go with Dr Koray Erdogan of Asmed in Turkey, I have not taken this decision lightly and believe Asmed to be at the forefront of FUE from my research, hopefully I am proven correct!

Of the negative reviews I can find of Dr Erdogan, I believe it to be more the wrong patient than a bad hair transplant.

For example, I believe this patient would not be happy with any surgery from any Dr :

Payam

I have researched heavily on this forum and others, the following reviews helped me choose Asmed & Dr Erdogan:

And a youtube diary:

HT Fanboy

Thanks to all these guys for your in-depth reviews!

I will try to leave a review in DEB1982 style as I feel this review made up my mind!

Pre Surgery Care

My patient coordinator is Sema , she has been excellent so far, made the deposit and all information I need to comply with so clear, it has been a breeze so far. Deposit paid, flights booked, insurance bought, visa bought.

Thanks guys I will update from the 17/4/2018 onwards

I didnt realise my hair was so bad until I got a friend to take the following image:

Hi Highlander,

I'm really happy my ramblings have in part helped you make your decision. You will be in great hands, Sema is fabulous as are all the staff. The first 6 to 8 weeks post HT are the worst, first few days particularly. I wish you all the best and look forward to reading your updates.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Highlander!

First of all, I'm very happy that my posts and the exposition of my case helped you!

As HG1 states, you will be in very good hands. You will feel comfortable with the whole process because the installations, the doctor and the staff are top, and you will immediately notice that.

9 days from today you will begin to be a new man! Congrats, mate!!! :)

Good luck on your HT mate, I was a nervous wreck just before mine but honestly you have nothing to worry about. I actually enjoyed it and found it relaxing while watching films on the iPad.

The airport and hotel are all full with others who have had HT so don’t wory about afterwards you will blend in just fine.

Thanks guys, starting to get nervous/excited now! I'm there for 4 nights , how much extra did you guys take for evening meals etc? Any problems with bringing cash at the Turkish customs?

Prices in the hotel are just average - as you would find in any major city. I ate breakfast/lunch at the clinic , so only used the hotel for evening meals. Just pay on your credit card when checking out - say 25 to 30 euros a night with a drink. You wont have any issues regarding taking cash into Turkey. I would invest in a money belt however. Good luck.

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Prices in the hotel are just average - as you would find in any major city. I ate breakfast/lunch at the clinic , so only used the hotel for evening meals. Just pay on your credit card when checking out - say 25 to 30 euros a night with a drink. You wont have any issues regarding taking cash into Turkey. I would invest in a money belt however. Good luck.

Can you buy food at the hotel with euros or do they only take lira, if paid in cash?

Can you buy food at the hotel with euros or do they only take lira, if paid in cash?

Paid on my CC,so not 100% sure. Usually in Turkey they are more than happy to take Euros (my experience anyway in other places visited).

I paid GBP for mine.. when u settle ur bill at the end they will just convert it and tell you how much you owe.

Great stuff... im booked with dr ergogan in october

. Could have done it much eariler but ive only been on propecia a few months so i want to be on it a good 10 months and then i would have had good period of time on the drug before surgery.. sent my deposit.... he has started using microscopes too for single hair disection, he will unveil his new technology of calcalcation and size of grafts so this is all great timing for me .. will be off work for 3 months as well !

Id also be interested in the role of Dr Erdogan during surgery. I know he does the insisions and his techs do extraction and implant. Did he do any extractions at all?

I havn't had the HT yet :)

But I believe your correct here, although it shouldn't really matter what part Dr Erdogan plays in the procedure, at the end of the day it's Erdogans name that's at stake, he is the top man, the manager, the owner. To achieve consistent top results he has to train and manage his staff to meet his and our expectations.

He has proven this trait again and again from the (many) results that I have seen.

He also has complete trust in his staff which in itself exudes confidence.

Edited by highlander6
Added some more text :)

Flying out today... No nerves about the HT at all today, though it will probably change tomorrow!

For the guys that are worried about telling people of the HT procedure... I am a builder myself and a construction site is renowned for taking the mickey out of friends/people and I am a prime culprit so expect to have the mickey taken of me.

So about 6 months ago I just started dropping hints that I might have a HT, mentioning it every week, showing people images/videos etc, all the guys at work are like :

• f*ck off
  • you'll never do that
  • you'll look like kajagoogoo
  • where they taking the hair from... your arse

But yet they were all interested in seeing the images/videos of procedures. Every week the jokes got less and less, then 6 weeks before the op I went in and told them I'd booked and was going in 6 weeks... Their reply "Oh have you!" "How much you get it for?" "Have you chose Turkey?".

Now they're supportive and can't wait to see the results (maybe a couple are hoping it goes wrong so they can take the piss!)

I did the same with family and close friends.

At the end of the day, most people are going to realise you've had it done later down the line.

Drip feed people info that you're considering the idea of a HT so when you hit them with the news of booking it , they are bored of you :) Others are not as interested in our hair as ourselves!

Flying out today... No nerves about the HT at all today, though it will probably change tomorrow!

For the guys that are worried about telling people of the HT procedure... I am a builder myself and a construction site is renowned for taking the mickey out of friends/people and I am a prime culprit so expect to have the mickey taken of me.

So about 6 months ago I just started dropping hints that I might have a HT, mentioning it every week, showing people images/videos etc, all the guys at work are like :

• f*ck off
  • you'll never do that
  • you'll look like kajagoogoo
  • where they taking the hair from... your arse

But yet they were all interested in seeing the images/videos of procedures. Every week the jokes got less and less, then 6 weeks before the op I went in and told them I'd booked and was going in 6 weeks... Their reply "Oh have you!" "How much you get it for?" "Have you chose Turkey?".

Now they're supportive and can't wait to see the results (maybe a couple are hoping it goes wrong so they can take the piss!)

I did the same with family and close friends.

At the end of the day, most people are going to realise you've had it done later down the line.

Drip feed people info that you're considering the idea of a HT so when you hit them with the news of booking it , they are bored of you :) Others are not as interested in our hair as ourselves!

I wish you all the best on your trip. Don't be nervous, its the start of your new life. I like your strategy, personally I didn't tell anyone other than my children. Getting a few comments now - mainly have you lost weight?:D

Bit of advice, invest in a good quality neck cushion (Asmed one is not great) and take your shades to hide on the return journey as you will have swelling around the eyes. The Asmed hat is not a good look either. Once your over the first 10 days - its not too bad recovery wise.

I wish you all the best on your trip. Don't be nervous, its the start of your new life. I like your strategy, personally I didn't tell anyone other than my children. Getting a few comments now - mainly have you lost weight?:D

Bit of advice, invest in a good quality neck cushion (Asmed one is not great) and take your shades to hide on the return journey as you will have swelling around the eyes. The Asmed hat is not a good look either. Once your over the first 10 days - its not too bad recovery wise.

Thankyou for your wishes.

I have bought a soak and sleep neck pillow recommended by justjax i think, but i will leave it at home for when i return as it is quite bulky.

Would you recommend to stay in the clinic on the evenings of the procedure? And would you recommend a cap for the return flight?

Honestly, I think the hotel is an excellent option to stay because is only 5 minutes away from the clinic and, in my case, staying there helps to disconnect from the whole HT process. The comings and goings, of course, are made by ASMED's drivers, so you don't have to worry for anything.

Besides, the food the hotel offers you is really good (I really -REALLY- enjoyed the breakfast before the surgery) with a great variety of choices :)

Honestly, I think the hotel is an excellent option to stay because is only 5 minutes away from the clinic and, in my case, help to disconnect from the whole HT process.

Besides, the food the hotel offers you is really good with a great variety of choices :)

You make a good point about disconnecting from the HT.

Did you wear a cap on the return home?

You make a good point about disconnecting from the HT.

Did you wear a cap on the return home?

Hello again, mate!

No, if I remember correctly, ASMED recommend not wearing a cap for the first 14-15 days, so I did not wear anything on my head. My grafts were to valuable! :D:D:D

However, I must say that your look will be very good when coming back home, since you will not have any scabs yet :)