Any USA surgeon as good as Dr. Koray Erdogan?

Der3k7

I was planning on getting my 2nd surgery done by Dr. Erdogan but since I have had 1 previous procedure using ARTAS that was unsatisfactory, ASMED said I must fly in to do an in person consultation as pictures are not good enough for Erdogan to determine if I am eligible for a 2nd procedure and estimate number of grafts. Average flight cost is around $2200 from where I live to Istanbul and I would have to do that twice. Once for consultation and once for surgery, adding $4400 to my total cost of surgery.

My question is, are there any surgeons local here to the united states that are JUST AS GOOD as Dr. Erdogan? Considering if I stay local in the united states, I wont have to pay nearly as much for transportation, therefore I am willing to pay more per graft if it equals out and I can expect as great quality and aggressive results as I would get from Erdogan.

Dr Willian Lindsey and Dr Cooley are among the best in the world from my own research. Im planning in person assessment which will cost me flight tickets to their clinics but given that I have a failed or transplant behind me like you Im being ver careful on my next steps

I assume you are talking fue if you're talking Dr Erdogan. In the US for fue in Erodgans league, maybe a couple. I think the world of Dr Cooley but haven't see enough of his fue work to say it's in that league. No comment on Dr Lindsey which is probably comment enough.

Dr Konior. Dr Diep if you're intent on the US, if you're open to Canada, dr Hassons fue has put up stunning results recently and is really impressing me i'd look at those 3 on this side of the world otherwise get to Europe.

I assume you are talking fue if you're talking Dr Erdogan. In the US for fue in Erodgans league, maybe a couple. I think the world of Dr Cooley but haven't see enough of his fue work to say it's in that league. No comment on Dr Lindsey which is probably comment enough.

Dr Konior. Dr Diep if you're intent on the US, if you're open to Canada, dr Hassons fue has put up stunning results recently and is really impressing me i'd look at those 3 on this side of the world otherwise get to Europe.

Whats with Dr Lindsey if I may ask?

Whats with Dr Lindsey if I may ask?

Combination of feedback I've received and his work, I think he's a solid doc but I wouldn't put him in my list of elite docs, but that list is subjective his work may be that for you...but combined with the feedback I've heard which i'd rather not get into specifically, it just makes him not someone I'd feel comfortable recommending. Nor do I think fue his is specialty anyway, I think he is primarily an fut doc.

So how would you rank Dr. Cooley, Dr. Konior, Dr. Diep, and Dr. Hassan from best to worst for consistent great fue results?

So how would you rank Dr. Cooley, Dr. Konior, Dr. Diep, and Dr. Hassan from best to worst for consistent great fue results?

I think Koniors just the best doc in the us via fut or fue so he's my 1.

I think I prefer Dr Hassons fue of late over Diep so hes' my 2 in the us

right behind is Dr Diep

and then Cooley just because I haven't been able to find a lot of examples of Cooley fue. I know and met guys who have had fue with the others and seen the work up close, can't say the same for Cooley fue. I have seen his fut results up close and they are world class so I think he's an amazing doc but I just wish I had more of his fue results to go off of. As such I'd rate the other 3 above him.

I think Koniors just the best doc in the us via fut or fue so he's my 1.

I think I prefer Dr Hassons fue of late over Diep so hes' my 2 in the us

right behind is Dr Diep

and then Cooley just because I haven't been able to find a lot of examples of Cooley fue. I know and met guys who have had fue with the others and seen the work up close, can't say the same for Cooley fue. I have seen his fut results up close and they are world class so I think he's an amazing doc but I just wish I had more of his fue results to go off of. As such I'd rate the other 3 above him.

Thanks for your feedback!

Would you put Dr. Koniors in the same league as Dr. Erdogan?

Both Doctor Hasson and Doctor Wong are turning out impressive Fue results. Additionally, the fact that the Canadian dollar is in the toilet would certainly make H&W attractive from a cost perspective.

I may be wrong about this, but I think H&W only charges Canadians in Canadian dollars, while US patients are charged in USD.

Both Doctor Hasson and Doctor Wong are turning out impressive Fue results. Additionally, the fact that the Canadian dollar is in the toilet would certainly make H&W attractive from a cost perspective.

Thanks I'll check them out and their prices. But I really only wanna go with someone that can give me as guaranteed good results as Erdogan. I may have to just spend the 4.4k on transportation to Turkey.

But I really only wanna go with someone that can give me as guaranteed good results as Erdogan.

No ones gives you guarantees. Not Erdogan and no one else. If you go with a good clinic, you get a guarantee that there are no mistakes in craftsmanship (poor angles, multis in the hairline) and you get a good chance for growth but no (!) guarantee.

However, if you have a bunch of good clinics then you have to check which method you like: Team approach (Erdogan, Feriduni) or do it yourself approach (Keser, Kaan, Konoir) depends also a lot on how many grafts you require. Than you have to check which hairlines you like (if you are a hairline case).

To be honest: Erdogan is one of my favorites for high norwood FUE but not my favorite for hairlines.

Regarding FUE, (as a biased Koray patient), I don't think anyone in the US is at the level of Erdogan apart from Konior who tends to stick to smaller FUE cases, and Baubac also is worth considering. Both at the $8 USD mark I think.

Diep consistently produces very strong results in the recipient but I've read that he isn't even making recipient sites for every patient and in the majority of cases he is uses a punch size with a diameter close to twice what most surgeons would. He's had too many questionable ethical issues to consider in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Erdogan said he needs to see me in person to see if ARTAS caused too much damage and scarring to make me ineligible for a 2nd procedure done by him because punch sizes tend to be large like 1.2 mm but my clinic said they used a .9mm punch on me.

Do you think it will be likely that i am fine and erdogan will deem me eligible for a 2nd procedure done by him?

• Administrators

Can you provide any pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Your donor looks quite dense still, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to have surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Your donor looks quite dense still, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to have surgery.

Yeah the first clinic said I had a lot of donor density. But Erdogan issue wasnt density ot was more so damage cause by the artas robot. I dont feel or notice any sort of scaring damage. And erdogan seemed to think they used a 1.2mm punch but they used a .9mm punch so I'm hoping once he sees me he will say I'm good to go.

How many grafts do you think hell use? I really want some temple work and to lower my hairline and make my forehead less wide. I want that straight, angular hairline with a square forehead haha. And to be able to brush my hair backwards instead of forwards and not he able to see through the hairline so much.

• Administrators
Yeah the first clinic said I had a lot of donor density. But Erdogan issue wasnt density ot was more so damage cause by the artas robot. I dont feel or notice any sort of scaring damage. And erdogan seemed to think they used a 1.2mm punch but they used a .9mm punch so I'm hoping once he sees me he will say I'm good to go.

How many grafts do you think hell use? I really want some temple work and to lower my hairline and make my forehead less wide. I want that straight, angular hairline with a square forehead haha. And to be able to brush my hair backwards instead of forwards and not he able to see through the hairline so much.

Typically ARTAS uses a larger punch. However, there are some ARTAS that use a .9mm so it is plausible. With that said, I don’t believe lowering the hairline, and making it straight would be the best move. You will be using a lot of grafts unnecessarily. In order to achieve a dense natural result you may require up to 3,500 grafts. I can see why Dr. Erdogan would be concerned with scarring, this would be difficult if you already have a lot of scarring. Have you consulted with a doctor in person? I suggest using the “find a surgeon” tab on the top right corner, you can find a surgeon in your area, and set up a consultation. Best wishes

View my thread