Is this normal shock loss?

I am on day 16 of my HT. Had 2600 FUT.

This is my 2nd surgery. First time I got 1650 with another clinic.

This time the area near the scar looks very empty. Seems like shock loss? Can you guys confirm? Will it grow back? Does it look normal? Does the scar look like it's closed properly?

20180330_071729.thumb.jpg.b58a73322f4f947961bb4c04d8bf35f1.jpg

20180330_070823.thumb.jpg.6d1eeb5defe8960e37fa9274beb47b41.jpg

20180330_071739.thumb.jpg.d71f241e2a4a9f97f8827b6cb5dd09e3.jpg

20180330_071546.thumb.jpg.be539b8ac8f53fbc330d33730593963e.jpg

Yep, definitely looks like shock to me...it should fill back in in 3-4 months from now.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Yes those are shockloss, I had exact same. Unfortunately mine never grew back

Great just what I wanted to hear. Unfortunately, our doctor is the same. Do you have pics of your scar 1 month post op and 4-6 months post op before you got SMP on it?

Yes those are shockloss, I had exact same. Unfortunately mine never grew back

Did your doctor ever give you his opinion as to why the shocked area did not grow back?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Definitely does look like shock loss. Generally most shocked hair grows back within 4-6 months. In most cases that i have seen its grown back.

Are you on Propecia?

May be some of the senior posters could comment but would MSM help bring the shocked hair back?

Early days for you buddy but try not to stress and see where you are in a few months.

Definitely does look like shock loss. Generally most shocked hair grows back within 4-6 months. In most cases that i have seen its grown back.

Are you on Propecia?

May be some of the senior posters could comment but would MSM help bring the shocked hair back?

Early days for you buddy but try not to stress and see where you are in a few months.

No I'm not on propecia but why would that matter for the donor hair

Hey man, I wouldnt panic too much. I had much worse shock loss in the back. If you looked in the dictionary for the definition of "ugly duckling stage" I would have definitely won. it was incredibly bad, i think it got its worse after 1 month. but I am at 5.5 months post op now and i can tell you with certainty it is growing back. Lucky you though, you have long hair. I wear my hair short and it was incredibly incredibly difficult to hide. I think i started noticing improvements around month 3.5 to 4. Happy growing!

ILMH,

Although not real common, shock loss can occur at the donor scar and yes we have seen it here with several guys over the years. Shock loss is mostly related to the trauma in the scalp and as Sociallyawkward stated, it will take roughly 3-4 months for things to start filling back in.

That's because the shocked follicles will rest before a new growth cycle kicks in. And I agree, it's a good thing that you have longer hair length instead of a buzzed hair style to cover up the area until the hair fills back in.

Gillenator

• 4 years later...