Tattoo into scar (non-SMP)

I’ve had three strip procedures done and later had one FUE into linear scar (50% improvement). I was thinking to add SMP into the linear scar to camoflauge it even more. I’ve been calling around to local SMP clinics and the pricing is outrageous (SoCal).

Has anyone went with a tattoo artist to conceal the linear scar? If so, how did it go? Honestly, is it that difficult to conceal a linear scar with just tattooing? I don’t have a buzzed head... med long on top with fade.

Edited by joe121592

I am a tattoo artist of almost 50 years. It is not difficult to apply pigment to a scar with conventional tattoo methods. But I tried that decades ago and the results were below reproach. That's why I engineered and patented a needle for scalp micropigmentation. As I know from experience, a standard 3-round tattoo needle (smallest commercially available) will look like Sharpie points and will eventually migrate together for a solid fill.

Also, if you have dark hair, all commercial black tattoo inks are made with indigo blue. So you will end up with blue Sharpie-looking points. The scalp does not take ink/pigment like other parts of the body.

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve found an establishment that performs SMP here in San Diego for a very reasonable price. Very excited about this especially after my previous consultations. Other places were charging a minimum $2000 just for SMP into linear scar. Outrageous.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...