Dr. Matt Huebner at Natural Transplants

Hi, all.

I'm down to my last hair transplant, due to 5 previous surgeries and a small remaining donor site. The 2 doctors who previously operated on me weren't bad, but I was not impressed with the techs they employed. I'm now looking closely at doing my last procedure with Dr. Matt Huebner in Florida. Has anyone had any experience with him, or his practice? If so, please let me know here, or PM me. Many, many thanks for your help!

• Administrators

Dr. Huebner does not perform follicular unit transplantation, which has been the gold standard for over a decade, he performs mini graft surgery, in which the hairs are not examined under a microscope to cut them in to their natural groupings of 1’s, 2’s, 3’s and 4’s. The results, while the grafts may grow, they’re not as natural and refined as the surgery that’s is being practiced by some of the coalition doctors on this site. After surgery the grafts should look like a buzz cut, mini grafts look like watermelon seeds, below is a picture that illustrates how a refined hair transplant should look after surgery compared to a mini graft surgery, notice the size of the grafts. Also, look at the space between each graft, there is no real density.

7C4401DA-5201-44A3-9E49-F9A42E103AFD.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for comment! I need density in mid-scalp ad crown areas that have thin covering of transplanted hair ( I'll try to post pix soon ). I thought Dr. Huebner would be good because he claims to have the most density per hair transplant. ( The fact that he was featured on Dr. Oz also had an influence on me, although Dr. Oz doesn't always have the best reputation. ) Not sure this is true, so I'm still looking for recs. What about Dr. Feller in NY? He does FUT, and has also been strongly recommneded to me. Also, I'm very concerned about having experienced, competent and motivated techs for my procedure. In apst hair transplants I've had lazy, incompetent techs working on me-- very disappoointing! They do very important work, and if they do a lousy job, you'll have poor results. Dr. Huebner claims that his techs are the best around. Not sure this is true, so I'd like to hear from anyone who's dealt with Dr. Huebner besides the references on his website. Dr. Feller comes highly recommended and has been around a lot longer than Dr. Huebner. More comments are much appreciated. I contribute to my local newspaper for men's health issues and I plan to write about my next hair transplant.

OK, I managed to finally upload pix of my scalp in profile photo. This is pic with wet hair. I'm trying to get maximum density for my mid-scalp and crown areas with last remaining donor site on my left side. Not sure how much can be accomplished but I'm going to try one last time. One friend has advised me to simply transplant into the front area only because that's where you get the most bang for your buck coverage-wise. He says transplanting hair into the crown is a waste of time and hair. He says I could then just continue to use Toppik for my crown. Thanks for all opinions on what I should do!

Hi,

Please cross Huebner from your list. Don't go down that path.

I had 2250 FUT/FUSS transplant from Dr. Feller in 2004. He is a bit conservative w/his strip size; completely competent & his staff is excellent.

He's a top- tier strip surgeon in the USA. Down to earth, modest office complex in Great Neck & doesn't put on airs.

A doctor who treats each patient w/care and attention to detail. Good pre-op discussion and realistic expectations. He's had work done so he also knows what it is like to be a hairloss sufferer as well.

I don't care for flying into Long Island and the traffic - other than that. No problems.

He has alot of older videos on youtube he posted from his car and house and basically discusses all kinds of stuff I found pretty interesting - even though I'm older and had my first surgery in '91.

Click my profile pic to see my present condition. I'll check out Feller more carefully, but it seems like there's some real dissatisfaction with his results and demeanor. This concerns me. I still don't understand why you object to Dr. Huebner. I've been researching him and so far he's looking like an excellent practioner. His density pix seem impressive, and his reviews from past patient reviews are extremely high.

C'mon dude! If you do in-depth investigations into hair transplant history you will NOT let him operate on you.

I can't be any clearer. Dr. Feller is top notch and in the biz for over 20 years.

Frankly, you seem resistant to other suggestions of top USA FUT surgeons except for Huebner.

Man oh man - can some other posters get in here and show him the light?

Frankly, if this is your last 'strip' surgery - consult w/Hasson and Wong. They are known for great yield and consistently have the largest sessions of FUT surgery docs in N. America.

Their techs are consistently rated A+.

Click my profile pic to see my present condition. I'll check out Feller more carefully, but it seems like there's some real dissatisfaction with his results and demeanor. This concerns me. I still don't understand why you object to Dr. Huebner. I've been researching him and so far he's looking like an excellent practioner. His density pix seem impressive, and his reviews from past patient reviews are extremely high.

Read and look at what HTSoon posted to you. It's already been stated why he's a bad choice. He's a highly competent marketer but he isn't performing follicular unit transplantation in the sense that hairs naturally occur in the scalp like all modern hair transplant surgeons should be doing to achieve natural results. People with experience are telling you to avoid him for a reason, this isn't the time to blindly follow your impulses or fall for marketing and pathetic TV advertising like on Dr. Oz (who you yourself admit doesn't have a great reputation).

And yes Dr. Feller would be a much better choice, or Dr. Bloxham at his clinic.

Just out of my head, I can list a bunch of clinics in USA/Canada way (!) better than the one you are looking for. And I am from Europe. How did you find this clinic which still performs 70s style surgery?

Feller & Bloxham (and I even had kind of a fight with Feller)

Hasson & Wong

Rahal

Konoir

Arocha --> Seen a lot of diffuse thining results of him

... can be easily continued

Dr. Huebner does not perform follicular unit transplantation, which has been the gold standard for over a decade, he performs mini graft surgery, in which the hairs are not examined under a microscope to cut them in to their natural groupings of 1’s, 2’s, 3’s and 4’s. The results, while the grafts may grow, they’re not as natural and refined as the surgery that’s is being practiced by some of the coalition doctors on this site. After surgery the grafts should look like a buzz cut, mini grafts look like watermelon seeds, below is a picture that illustrates how a refined hair transplant should look after surgery compared to a mini graft surgery, notice the size of the grafts. Also, look at the space between each graft, there is no real density.

That 2nd pic isn't work done by Huebner, I'm told. I haven't see anything bad re: Huebner. Where are you finding this stuff? On the contrary, all I've seen on Huebner is positives. If anyone can PM me a previous bad reviews on Huebner I'd very much like to see it. I'm sure eventually every doctor gets a bad review. Feller ( and W & H ) sound mostly good, but I've also seen some alarming things. As I said, every doctor gets dinged eventually it seems. I appreciate the feedback from all folks here. I'm not trying to be difficult, just want to be informed.

had an FUT with Bloxham (Dr. Feller's partner) 4 months ago and i'm seeing solid growth so far, couldn't be happier.

I echo the other guys, from what i've seen of Huebner it ain't pretty.

What negatives on Huebner have you seen? His method or his actual work?

Listen, i'm no doctor so don't expect a nuanced response. I've watched a bunch of his videos on youtube and have seen nothing but unimpressive results. Mind you, these are presumably his best cases that he's chosen to put out for all the world to see. I'm welcome to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

• Administrators
That 2nd pic isn't work done by Huebner, I'm told. I haven't see anything bad re: Huebner. Where are you finding this stuff? On the contrary, all I've seen on Huebner is positives. If anyone can PM me a previous bad reviews on Huebner I'd very much like to see it. I'm sure eventually every doctor gets a bad review. Feller ( and W & H ) sound mostly good, but I've also seen some alarming things. As I said, every doctor gets dinged eventually it seems. I appreciate the feedback from all folks here. I'm not trying to be difficult, just want to be informed.

The second pic is a screenshot of one of his YouTube videos, I have no reason to lie to you i gain nothing, I’m just giving you my honest opinion based on my years of experience on this site. You’re asking for our opinions and continue to rebuttal them, it seems you’re looking for more of a confirmation rather than objective opinions, I wish you the best either way.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow, you already had hair transplants before and you seem to know nothing about it.

I took some time and read through Huebners Website...

My comments which are strictly my personal opinion:

1. Your are mixing to things up: Every clinic (even the best in the world) will have some poor results), but what we are talking is poor craftmanship, poor ethics, oudated methods from the 70s. This methods will give you a poor (unnatural) result guaranteed.

2. If you read through his site you will read a bunch of lies and nonsense

Read the Explanation of his technique. https://naturaltransplants.com/solutions/high-yield-unit-extraction-hue-hair-transplant/

"This is in stark contrast to the outdated FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) method, which is basically hair plugs rebranded, using smaller diameter punches."

"The HUE Method moves MORE TISSUE from the donor area (in the back of the head) than the traditional hair replacement Strip Method known as FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) and certainly more than any antiquated FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)."

Look at the post OP Picture at 0.55. This is horrendous work and will never (!) look close to natural results.

If I am mistaken and this is not the clinic you are talking about I am sorry. If this is the clinic: RUN! Run as fast as you can.

If you go on YouTube and look up “MyFollicularJourney” you will see a poor guy who had 2 transplants with Dr. Huebner. His FUT scar stretched and in my opinion his hairline does not look natural. He also got a 3rd procedure but not with Dr. Huebner.

• 1 month later...

Northstart, I haven’t had a chance to read all of the comments on this topic however, I can’t help but think why you would go to a physician that most people have never heard of given that it’s your last chance at getting it right instead of one of our prescreened surgeons to have a long standing record of producing outstanding results. Is there a reason why you chose in this particular doctor? It sounds like you’re not too sure of yourself which is why you’re asking people to pinions. If you want my honest opinion, go to a physician who is well-known and has a long proven public history of producing outstanding results. To see who we recommend, use the drop-down list on the right-hand side bar.

Best wishes,

Bill

Well it looks like I may have been too late in my response, because I guess his comments were from a while ago and looks like you may have actually had the surgery with Dr. Heubner.

To be honest, I haven’t taken the liberty of researching this doctor extensively, based on the comments here, I do have many concerns. For instance, any physician who tries to brand their own version of a popular technique claiming that the new version is for superior is not a surgeon I would ever go to. One of the most obvious problems is that doctors who do this are using controversial marketing techniques that will likely work on the ignorance because they have not yet researched the procedure and how it works. FUSS and FUE are the two gold standard techniques in harvesting donor hair for follicular unit hair transplantation (FUT). Just because a doctor uses a different tool to harvest follicular units or worse…mini grafts, doesn’t make it a new or better procedure. In fact, in many cases, it’s inferior to the current gold standards. But frankly, no matter what tool a doctor or technician uses to harvest flick your units one at a time from the back and sides of the scalp or elsewhere, the procedure is FUE. HUE is just a play on FUE with “Huebner” as the “H”. But frankly, I don’t know what a Huebner Unit is and I certainly don’t want to know.

Bill

• 4 months later...

OMG, the people here talking about Dr. Huebner are either trolls or paid suckers who have nothing better to do with their lives, lmaoooo.

Me and other 2 friends had our procedures, FUT, done by Dr. Huebner and our results are FLAWLESS....Please, Please, and I repeat again,...please. DO NOT listen to these FAKE, manufactured negative reviews about Dr. Huebner. Did you see one of the dudes who posted a Youtube video about a guy who did 2 or 3 procedures with Dr. Huebner???, ..and the reviewer here claimed that dude decided to do another FUT/FUE procedure with another, different, doctor because he was NOT satisfied with the end results....they also talked about his "bad scarring". I could NOT help but laugh so hard reading that stupid ignorant post, the dude on that YouTube video is Mr. Lance. Before deciding to pick Dr. Huebner to perform my procedure i personally emailed Lance, and later on talked to him on the phone several times. Yes, Dr. Huebner did FUT on him and the reason he chose to go with another doctor on his 3rd procedure was because he wanted a minor re-touch on his forehead hairline to refine his hairline outlook and since it was something optional, not needed, he wanted to try, he did NOT want another FUT. He wanted FUE because it's less invasive. Dr. Huebner does NOT do FUE, so he had no other choice but to go hunt for another doctor. I asked him about his scarring on the donor area. He told me he got the scarring because he messed up, NOT because of the doctor. He said he started heavy lifting, at the gym on 5 post-op, against doctor's advice and that kinda messed up his scar healing process because of stretching etc.... Guys, please let's be realistic in our reviews. No need to talk about stuff you have NO evidence and if some of you are paid trolls, SHAME on you.

Guys, please let's be realistic in our reviews. No need to talk about stuff you have NO evidence and if some of you are paid trolls, SHAME on you.

Says the guy with no track record on this forum who drags out a 5 month old topic for his first ever post.   

• Like 3

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.