FUE if you have history of keloid?

fallenone

I have been considering FUE for past few years but just realized couple of months ago that I may not be a good candidate since I have history of Keloid scar. I have 3 keloid scar on my chest which is due to genetic/hereditary (my mom has it) and not due to any injuries.

How common is to for someone who has history to get Keloid scar if you go through FUE procedure?

Be careful, fue can create scars too. Esp if you end up having donor shockloss, recipient ridging and cobblestoning.

Id get consult from surgeons that do aspects of surgeries themselves, including extractions.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. Sorry for late reply.

I spoke to couple of doctors (Dr. Bhatti and Dr. Vories) and they both seem to think I should be OK with an FUE procedure as the procedure is less invasive and Keloids generally occur in chest or back. Also the other encouraging thing is I once got ear piercing about 8-9 years ago and that did result in Keloid (thank god).

Nevertheless both doctors did mention that there is no guarantee as HT is a kind of cosmetic surgery and there recommendation is to try with couple of grafts and wait for 4-6 months to see if any scars are formed and then go with full procedure. I am really confused now whether to go with sample procedure of drop the idea of HT altogether and shaved off my head.

Any suggestions from the community would be helpful.

If you can sport a shaved head, do it!!! No need to go with a risky, invasive procedure if you feel comfortable with another hair style! Are you taking any meds?

And how extensive is your hair loss? Realized that transplanted hairs often don't match the hairs around them, so even if all goes well, it doesn't mean that you'll be pleased with the final outcome.

If you can sport a shaved head, do it!!! No need to go with a risky, invasive procedure if you feel comfortable with another hair style! Are you taking any meds?

And how extensive is your hair loss? Realized that transplanted hairs often don't match the hairs around them, so even if all goes well, it doesn't mean that you'll be pleased with the final outcome.

some of my pics from mid last year.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187473-had-consultation-given-very-different-advice-recommendations.html

I really don't want to go with shaved head :(. Thats like my last option. I have been very very particular about my hair since I was a kid given that my family doesn't have history of baldness I have always been surprised why I am loosing hair. What I have noticed is my hair loss is close to none and my hairs get more healthy every time I used to visit home (India) so I am guessing it may be due water and my food habits in US. I have not left US in a while.

Considering keloid possibility I am now looking into changing water that I use to wash hair or try whatever way I can to improve my hair health naturally.

• 4 weeks later...