Recommend doctors, UK + Europe and only, with Price please!

JeanLDD,

If you really don't think Dr. Farjo doesn't showcase examples of his work and results non-stop, then you haven't been paying attention.

Dr. Farjo and his staff have been posting at least one example of their results for just about 10 years on this forum. Mathematically, that makes about 120 examples. But then there are his patients who've posted their results over the years as well and are very happy.

Dr. Farjo has presented plenty of larger cases along with small cases so again, your argument makes no sense.

I suggest looking at the photo examples that Mick and Pete posted above and then go back and use the "Search" feature on the forum for "Farjo" and view over a hundred examples of his results. You can also view examples on Dr. Farjo's recommendation profile.

As I said above, please be specific on why you don't think Dr. Farjo's results are on par with other leading surgeons in the world after viewing these photos. Please do not cop out and say you haven't seen enough when there are hundreds of examples.

Bill

JeanLDD,

If you really don't think Dr. Farjo doesn't showcase examples of his work and results non-stop, then you haven't been paying attention.

Dr. Farjo and his staff have been posting at least one example of their results for just about 10 years on this forum. Mathematically, that makes about 120 examples. But then there are his patients who've posted their results over the years as well and are very happy.

Dr. Farjo has presented plenty of larger cases along with small cases so again, your argument makes no sense.

I suggest looking at the photo examples that Mick and Pete posted above and then go back and use the "Search" feature on the forum for "Farjo" and view over a hundred examples of his results. You can also view examples on Dr. Farjo's recommendation profile.

As I said above, please be specific on why you don't think Dr. Farjo's results are on par with other leading surgeons in the world after viewing these photos. Please do not cop out and say you haven't seen enough when there are hundreds of examples.

Bill

That's not a cop out in any sense, as an example there are at three times that amount of Bisanga cases available for viewing online and coming in at a more regular basis, and ten times the amount of Erdogan and Lorenzo cases available to look, and again on a far more regular basis. The Farjo results are also typically smaller cases that don't have the wow effect some some utilising higher graft numbers are getting (not that that's a problem, but certainly there are others getting larger cosmetic improvements via FUE in single procedures that tend to stand out more).

Over a hundred cases on this website when he's been around for over a decade in my opinion isn't a huge number. The majority of those results posted are quite conservative in regards to density, coverage and design in comparison to other doctors who post here regularly. That suits a certain type of patient without specific wants and possibilities, personally I prefer work of other surgeons. Again I'm not spending my days looking for Farjo results so its just an opinion, but I've seen a number of poor Farjo results including one on Youtube where the patient claimed not to have been compensated. Of course I don't know the details but for myself there are other surgeons I would recommend and prefer over Farjo for a myself and those in a similar situation from what I've seen.

I'm not going to wildly endorse him just because you ask me too. I did change my post to mention that Farjo is worth considering, I'm not going further than that. I also didn't specifically criticise him to begin with, I simply omitted his name so I'm not sure what the problem is. If a surgeon requires moderators to back them up this strongly to what wasn't a clear criticism that's a look worse than if you said nothing at all in my opinion in regards to their reputation.

I know the website is endorsing all of these surgeons, but I think its fair to have preferences among them, and recommend some over others based on research. It's not a be all and end all opinion, so don't take it as one.

• 3 weeks later...

well, here's what i've gathered so far:

dsZPJH6.png

As for the catching up with the rest of this thread:

Sloppos,

For the record, cost is not omitted because we are afraid to discuss it, it’s just that cost is variable and often changes. It’s hard to list a surgeons prices when they change regularly and have so many different variants causing a price change. For instance, the cost of hair transplant depends on the type of donor harvesting technique, and the price for draft or number of grafts, the number of grafts required, whether or not shaving his shows it or not depending on the technique (for instance there is shaved donor FUE and non-shaved and both are accompanied by different costs), etc. moreover, surgeons are often providing various discounts at different times of the year and all them change their pricing frequently.

Bill

look - its not like a used car market. Prices won't be changing So often as to render it completely pointless information......if anything, if prices really were changing that often over time, then surely knowing the prices and trends would be useful and interesting information?

In any case, knowing a ballpark figure or what the person paid for it would be useful information.

As for discounts - again - surely this would be useful information for everyone to know??? If there are times of the year when discounts are being given out, and patients have had the opportunity to use these discounts, surely it'd be worth Knowing if they received a discount, and what they got??

If anything, the reasons you've provided are even more reason to actually say explicitly how much the person paid for the transplant.

Now, while our list of recommended doctors do meet our high standards and have been approved for recommendation by this community, our list is not necessarily an exclusive list of all the best surgeons in the world. For one reason or another, surgeons may not be recommended. Either they don’t meet our high standards, we don’t know about them or they haven’t been through our rigorous prescreening process in order for us to have enough faith and evidence that they warrant recommendation. Some may choose not to undergo our prescreened game process and become recommended because they don’t want to pay the nominal monthly sponsorship fee to support our patient base community.

And that was exactly my point in starting the thread..........because i wanted to know what other doctors are out there in europe or the UK which might not have had a presence here, but which people might have had experience with.

It seems the only doctors people know about on here are the ones that have been admitted into your Ivy league.

You've literally just given reasons in your own response, why this site is therefore Not the bible when it comes to hair transplant doctors - Some for negative reasons, but some for other reasons which are nothing to do with whether they are bad doctors or not.

So by deduction, there is a chance that there are doctors both in the UK and Europe who might be doing good work, but which get no exposure on here for the reasons you've outlined, either because they are crap, or because they don't want to pay the fee etc..etc...

Now i admit, if a doctor is confident of his/her work and have plenty of results to show for it, you'd think that they'd spend a bit of money promoting it to attract more patients. So in this instance, i don't see much of a problem with this 'ivy league' approach - although its an analogy with a double edged sword, as usually only the people who can afford to go can go to such a university....so its not necessarily the brightest that gain admission. Is it?

And as for this lovely post by yourself:

Sloppos,

You seem to be very argumentative and are ignoring a lot of excellent advice. Why? Is it because you do work for Dr. Rogers like people are saying? If you do that’s fine but we do ask that you disclose your affiliation with him in your form signature. If you don’t, but I don’t know why you were being so defensive or argumentative because it appears that you started this topic to ask for opinions. Now I’ve taken the time to explain how we recommend hair transplant surgeons and gave you essentially the information that you are looking for.

Best wishes,

Bill

i mean.....i don't even know where to start with that.

I actually explain in one of my posts - the only reason i mentioned Dr Rogers was because i've had a friend who is very happy with the work. Now, i've not seen her yet, so i'm going to go and check it out.

The fact that you immediately think that i may somehow work for Dr Rogers simply for mentioning his name is interesting - i might as well accuse you lot for exactly the same.......maybe Dr Rogers is a pro but for the reasons you outlined, hasn't bothered publishing on here? Who knows?

As it stands, i couldn't find much of any other examples for Dr Rogers work and due to that lack of exposure i've discounted him from my search.

Anyway, all that aside, it looks like Devroye might be a winner for me - i like his online presence, his youtube interviews, appears to be some kind of pioneer of sorts, and his results look good. And he's the cheapest of the Brussels bunch.

And for the record - I'll repeat again what i say in my original post.............

all i'm trying to do is find a list of surgeons in the UK and Europe, who have a good catalogue of testimonials, a good website showing all the testimonials, HOw much i'd expect to pay, the doctors and their names, and what is charged per graft (i want FUT for definite).

can we make THIS thread THE thread for a list of recommended surgeons for Uk and Europe Only? with Who the name was of the doctor, how much you paid, and the name of the clinic and any associated website?

or if that thread already exists, please can someone direct me to it?

I'll continue to add to this original post more as a list to myself than anything but hopefully it helps others - and please, if you can provide recommended doctors here, please say how much they charge and evidence of their work - UK + EUrope doctors Only please!

thank you

What part of that could i not make any clearer - i obviously am looking for doctors which have a proven track record............

Edited by sloppos