ASMED - Dr. Koray Erdogan - MANTIS ELITE

Dear Forum Members,

We at the Asmed Clinic are constantly progressing and keeping up with the technique that is improving World Wide.

The past three months we started using the “Mantis Elite” a stereomicroscope, offering optical performance with magnification options up to 10X.

By using the stereomicroscope we try to avoid the multiplies appearing in the frontal area. We count, control and see clearly the original single grafts that are going to be placed in the frontal area.

At the moment we didn’t see the exact results but we believe there is a possibility to make a positive effect on the results in the future.

Even if we use the stereomicroscope probably there will be telogen follicles that is not possible to see. Due to all the precautions, it is not possible to avoid the telogen follicles 100%.

Thank you for understanding.

Dr. Koray Erdogan, MD

mantis2.jpg

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

Great!

Nice. I know a clinic that writes that they use 20X's magnification for dissection. I wonder if this completely eliminates the possibility of multi-hair grafts in the very frontal critical hairline?

Hi jjsrader,

My opinion is that the stereomicroscope might not completely eliminate the possibility of multiple grafts.

Of course, I can’t be completely sure but at the moment by the help of technology to decrease the risk of multiplies 100% is difficult.

The reason is that there will always be the human factor - the micro telogen follicles that is not possible to see. Even the capacity of stereomicroscope may not be sufficient to spot them.

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

• 3 weeks later...

Dr Erdogan ,i want to say that it is very good news to see you using microscopes for single hair disection. I was actually surprised you were not using it as i thought this would be standard practice. I agree with your opnion that it may not always be 100 % however, as with any type of HT there is no guarantee what will happan. Having said that i would say it is important that all cases are given the best possible chances

to be successful even if it may only improve final results by 5 % that can still make a huge difference to the end result. The hairline is pivitol to the natural result we all dream of so i am happy you have taken this step and continue using it. I guess also it will take time for your staff to get used to using it. I am booked in October with you and looking forward to meeting you in person and will certainly document my results on this forum and others you know well. P.S Happy Birthday!