2600 FUT with Dr. Suneet Soni India

Got HT for 2600 grafts FUT with Dr. Suneet Soni from Jaipur, India on Mar 14.

Here are pics upto day . Will be updating this thread with my progress.

How does it look so far? I was concerned with density as my pre transplant hair looks thin at the hairline. He offered to improve density and also lowered the hairline in a V shape.

20180215_012253.thumb.jpg.8eff179c519a3d17066006d094cc59c7.jpg

20180215_012329.thumb.jpg.05f4b41b6dc1967e6e3674b0838fcc37.jpg

20180215_012332.thumb.jpg.dbf786c8973902f0f7bf6923889122e6.jpg

20180314_165446.thumb.jpg.ae8f26159242a5ae1315c2043ae60b41.jpg

Nice work. Your hairline looks very nicely designed. very clean job

I had my HT with Dr. Soni last year and results are just outstanding

Hair loss is very normal under shedding period so don't worry just follow the surgeon's guideline.

Day 8

It looks like some grafts have shed. The area seems a lot emptier than before. This is normal right? Some here were coming out when I was washing with shampoo and rubbing gently in circular motion.

20180322_080436.jpg

20180322_080516.jpg

Day 11

I was gently massaging with coconut oil and noticed some scabs coming out with hair in them. Some of them looked like the grafts were coming out. I know some hair shed normally, but this seemed like a graft coming out. There was no bleeding or pain. Can you guys see if this is normal?

Photo_from_Simran.jpg

It is common when you had multiple previous surgical sessions with FUT or FUE as you have had previous surgery mentioned in your bio. This kind of shock loss is not permanent. Hairs would be regain from same portion in 6-7 months. which is the maximum amount of time.

I got my surgery in 2017 and my donor shock loss was recovered in 6 months.

This type of shock loss is temporary

Day 16. Pretty bad shock loss near the donor area. Very concerned with this. :(

20180330_071729.jpg

20180330_071737.jpg20180330_070823.jpg20180330_070500.jpg

It is common when you had multiple previous surgical sessions with FUT or FUE as you have had previous surgery mentioned in your bio. This kind of shock loss is not permanent. Hairs would be regain from same portion in 6-7 months. which is the maximum amount of time.

I got my surgery in 2017 and my donor shock loss was recovered in 6 months.

This type of shock loss is temporary

Was yours as bad as mine? Do you have any pics of your shock loss. It'll put my mind at ease to see the shock loss pics and then later see them filled in.

I probably need to take pills for my anxiety with this.

Please take this advice; just let it be. No offense intended. It will resolve. Just takes time.

Try not to let it affect you - there is NOTHING you can do about it except wait for it to grow back.

Don't get worked up about it. Just comb your hair in the back over it and be on with your day.

No one will even notice.

Please take this advice; just let it be. No offense intended. It will resolve. Just takes time.

Try not to let it affect you - there is NOTHING you can do about it except wait for it to grow back.

Don't get worked up about it. Just comb your hair in the back over it and be on with your day.

No one will even notice.

Well it has ruined my plan for how I was going to hide my transplant. I was thinking of getting a short haircut down to #5 all over the head by the 2nd month and all my hair would've been equal length by that time. The hair in the recipient that was shaved would be grown to a #5 or longer by that time. So that was my plan and now with this huge donor loss there is no haircut that will work. The front will take 4 month to get to the same length as I need in the back to cover up the donor. Have to wear a cap to work now for 4 months which looks super weird in a professional setting. Even combing hair over it doesn't completely cover the scar. Probably need to use concealer to cover it which I don't know if it'll affect the growth of the hair or not. So I don't know if I should use Toppik on donor area or not.

But of course all I can do is hope for the best, but I just have had bad luck all around in life that for me it doesn't seem like it's going to come back.

Even my last surgery with such a renowned clinic as Hasson and Wong yielded really poor growth. :(

Dealing with hair loss since 17 years old. Every little thing gets to me now as I have lost faith in my luck.

Well, having strip surgery previously w/Hasson and Wong you must have known what initial challenges there are with strip surgery - but maybe you had no shock loss and could cut down the hair quickly.

Hang in there. Not everyone (even in a professional setting) is concerned with your hair. In fact I would say they might give a crap for 10 seconds and then be on their way. Just do your thing the best you know how and try and not overly concern yourself with others for now.

Regardless, keep your head up. You have done everything you could w/two very good FUT hair surgeons.

I've been there as well.

Ur hair looks pretty normal after a fut.. that’s how it is with a strip surgery .. it takes time to heal .. the doctors always tell us that’s it a pencil thin scar .. 1mm n stuff .. but that’s only after it heals Or your skin don’t stretch further .. or the scar is placed in the appropriate area .. ur scar looks good .. it just looks bad right now because of the schockloss Around the area of surgery .. but it should grow back .. the hairs in the back are strong n grows well .... so don’t worry too much, I can tell u have good donor hair just by ur pics ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

20180701_165701.jpg

20180701_165716.jpg

20180701_235652.jpg

20180701_235658.jpg

20180701_235805.jpg

20180701_234644.jpg

20180701_235246.jpg

The shock loss hair has come back about 80%. There are some areas that have filled more than others. 

The transplanted hair seems to take longer than shock loss hair to sprout. There are some zones like the yellow circled zone which didn't grow any hair at all for some reason. The right side filled up much nicer than the left side(yellow zone.) Also the 4-5 hair that did sprout in the yellow zone seem to grow at a slower pace than the other hair. 

Edited by ILikeMyHair

Hi,

You've had strip surgery with two very good strip surgeons (Hasson & Wong) and Soni.

It looks like you have very wimpy hair (like me) - fine and thin w/average to lower than average density.   Although you may want to wear your hair longer it is probably best suited for short haircuts.

Anyways, until your final result from Soni I wouldn't obsess too much.  It appears you have done everything right as a patient.  Not everyone gets homerun results (I sure haven't) even w/multiple surgeries.

You've only had about 4K grafts done.  You easily have another strip and could even do FUE after (long term if you continue to lose hair in the midscalp and crown).

Hoping you get some good solid growth in the next 8-12 months.  

If your final results are not as good as you want for the frontal 1/3rd of your scalp you might go w/a top-rated FUE surgeon next and have him pick the best of the best hairs and get your very frontal hairline and frontal hair zone sorted out.

That's about where I am right now and I've had about almost 9k grafts done.  Having very fine-caliber (thickness of each hair follicle) and also it being very straight w/avg. to a bit lower than average density is difficult to transplant successfully long term aesthetically.

• 2 weeks later...

4 month 1 week Results. 

The right side seems to be growing well, but the left side has a pretty wide hole which is not filling up and also there are some small hair that grew there, but they are not getting longer at all and they have stayed at that length for 3 weeks now. The rest of the hair are getting longer. See the circled zone. Not only did the hair not grow there, but the few that did are not getting longer. Not sure how to help them grow. Any ideas? 

20180722_115753.jpg

20180722_115803.jpg

edit1.jpg

edit2.jpg