Toby0823

Dr. Suneet Soni honest review

8 hours ago, Tasvir said:

I don't know why you are putting this kind of words against Dr. Soni, I also got a great results from there (Dr. Suneet) with 3000 grafts, you see my thread here : 

he explain me everything clearly on the day of surgery as well also see the my strip dissection through video assisted microscopes. I am also a doctor know each and every points clearly.

He is a very good surgeon, they changed my life. 

@Toby0823 Results depends upon person to person, may be some misunderstanding from your side, whatever the reason I don't know and for grafts what they explain me they deliver that much of grafts.

I’m putting this kind of words bcs of the experience I went through, go read it if you’re confused. I’ve had 3 hair transplants, I know what to look for at this point and I know when I’ve been screwed over. 

I hsve the email conversation between myself and Dr. Soni, would back up my claims. His antics in person unfortunately I can’t prove, but the two others that posted here experiences exact same. 

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m glad things worked out for you, but your experience requires some explanation on the doctors part. Please send me a private message with your full name and surgery date. I will reach out to Dr. Soni to respond to this thread. If possible please share the before and after pictures of your results. Obviously, prior to receiving smp and buzzing your hair.

Unfortunately, while an unpleasant experience is certainly something that should be discussed. We can not in good faith reach out to a doctor about failed results if the results are not at 12 months. 

Best wishes,

I mean, I have multiple emails between myself and Soni that can help prove i only wanted fue, which he agreed upon inspection of my pics he asked for. Do you want me to send them to you?

Posted (edited)

Sent pm to moderator of my email with Dr. Soni proving we agreed for fue. Hopefully he can provide unbiased judgement on it. 

No wonder Soni has been recommended on this site for so long, those that got good results try to discourage those that didn’t from speaking out. Pathetic. 

Edited by Toby0823

Posted (edited)

Was told to provide pictures of my results even tho my complaint was the terrible antics of pressuring me into doing something I didn’t want after countless attempt to refuse (on top of Soni agreeing with my request prior to my arrival). 

Regardless here are pics. Can’t go further than 6 months since I had further fue then smp done. 

-pre Soni

-6 month post Soni (4K grafts)

-pre Soni Donor area

-6 month post Soni scar

E1590B21-4A61-450E-9CA5-6F071BBCA4B2.jpeg

4A42D5E9-8048-463C-9F98-1398497CBA4B.jpeg

E3070698-6A08-416B-8346-C798839FD329.jpeg

34D26DE5-FD36-4197-919D-C9A934E2AB50.jpeg

Edited by Toby0823

On 1/4/2019 at 5:56 PM, Toby0823 said:

Sent pm to moderator of my email with Dr. Soni proving we agreed for fue. Hopefully he can provide unbiased judgement on it. 

No wonder Soni has been recommended on this site for so long, those that got good results try to discourage those that didn’t from speaking out. Pathetic. 

man even if that Dr does fut surgery for free I'm not going to him. Things are changing now. People go for FUE to get the best results, no one wants a big wide scar on their back That you end up having a fue transplant to conceal it. Im sorry for what you have gone through 

On 1/4/2019 at 6:56 AM, Toby0823 said:

What pisses me off is not the fact that I got poor results from him, but more the fact that he pressures you to do something you don't want. Makes you take a risk you know might backfire and pushes it down your throat. He pressured me to lower my hairline for 30 min when I didn't want to do it just so he could make more money. Any other ethical doctor would've advised me against it even if I had asked to lower the hairline. This dude on the other hand pressured me to lower the hairline when I clearly told him I don't want to do it just in case I need the grafts for the future. I just wish I had stood my ground and had seen more negative reviews of him on this site. I couldn't find a single damn negative review of him when I was researching him on this site. He tells you one thing in email then when he knows you've already taken a long journey and are commited with the non-refundable deposit, he pressures you to do more than you agreed. Fuking scum. 

I’ve spoken to the moderator, provided screenshots of my email conversation with Soni proving my point. We’re now waiting for Soni to give his reply (it’s been a week now I think). 

If Soni doesn’t reply or gives some bs answer, and he’s still recommended here then idk what else to tell you about this site. I trusted that dr. Bcs I trusted this site for recommending him. 

Edited by Toby0823

26 minutes ago, ILikeMyHair said:

What pisses me off is not the fact that I got poor results from him, but more the fact that he pressures you to do something you don't want. Makes you take a risk you know might backfire and pushes it down your throat. He pressured me to lower my hairline for 30 min when I didn't want to do it just so he could make more money. Any other ethical doctor would've advised me against it even if I had asked to lower the hairline. This dude on the other hand pressured me to lower the hairline when I clearly told him I don't want to do it just in case I need the grafts for the future. I just wish I had stood my ground and had seen more negative reviews of him on this site. I couldn't find a single damn negative review of him when I was researching him on this site. He tells you one thing in email then when he knows you've already taken a long journey and are commited with the non-refundable deposit, he pressures you to do more than you agreed. Fuking scum. 

Bro, I feel your pain. He literally did the same to me, and left me a scar. I searched for any negative reviews of him here prior to my procedure, none. If I had seen a post, like this thread I started I would have never gone to him and saved me from permanent insecurities and regrets.

i finally call that scammer out and other members try to give me crap. Such a joke

Edited by Toby0823

On 12/25/2018 at 11:07 AM, Dhyan said:

I had exactly same experience with Dr soni ..now i am dying to get my scar revised 

Hi all, 

Above is the post i did on this thread few days back , as I can see people are in real trouble on this thread and I don't want to dilute the attention of this thread by posting irrelevant comment ..

All my post on this forum against one clinic and were under some provocation or you can say under some influence 

I am sorry for all my comment on this forum and would like to edit or remove them , but I can't as all of them are permanent now

Please ignore all my comments 

I will email Dr. Soni to reply to this thread.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Toby, 

Melman and I are apparently exceptionally late to this topic and frankly, I don’t know how we missed it. That said, it’s obvious that you are very unhappy with your experience with Dr. Sony and I agree with Melvin that an explanation from the doctor is needed.   We have already emailed the doctor in order for him to review and respond to this topic. However, we do ask that you give him the necessary permission to reply as appropriate. Patients who share their results may sometimes be required to privately identify themselves and allow their surgeon to share their side of the story. This can be found in our fair forum policies. 

If I’m correct, it sounds like you are primary concern was that you felt pressured into getting strip when you apparently agreed before traveling that you would undergo FUE

You talk about your concerns about permanent scarring however, I am a bit surprised that you haven’t posted any photos showing the scar. Can you please post some photos of the scar you are concerned about? 

Also, how did the hair transplant grow? You said something about being completely bald if it wasn’t for another FUE procedure you had bought that doesn’t really make a lot of sense unless the hair transplant from Dr. Soni completely failed. 

So if you could please clarify these issues and present some photos of the scar, I’d appreciate it. Moreover, we ask that you give Dr. Soni the necessary permission to share his side of the story. 

Thanks,

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

2 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Toby, 

Melman and I are apparently exceptionally late to this topic and frankly, I don’t know how we missed it. That said, it’s obvious that you are very unhappy with your experience with Dr. Sony and I agree with Melvin that an explanation from the doctor is needed.   We have already emailed the doctor in order for him to review and respond to this topic. However, we do ask that you give him the necessary permission to reply as appropriate. Patients who share their results may sometimes be required to privately identify themselves and allow their surgeon to share their side of the story. This can be found in our fair forum policies. 

If I’m correct, it sounds like you are primary concern was that you felt pressured into getting strip when you apparently agreed before traveling that you would undergo FUE

You talk about your concerns about permanent scarring however, I am a bit surprised that you haven’t posted any photos showing the scar. Can you please post some photos of the scar you are concerned about? 

Also, how did the hair transplant grow? You said something about being completely bald if it wasn’t for another FUE procedure you had bought that doesn’t really make a lot of sense unless the hair transplant from Dr. Soni completely failed. 

So if you could please clarify these issues and present some photos of the scar, I’d appreciate it. Moreover, we ask that you give Dr. Soni the necessary permission to share his side of the story. 

Thanks,

Bill

to be fair, I started this thread a LONG time ago and I respectfully ended it there. I only reposted when two other members shared very similar experience with Soni recently. No admin/moderator responded to this thread until now, nor did Soni. I’d say I’ve waited long enough. I have nothing to gain or lose doing this, just simply helping others avoid the hell I went through and exposing that scammer hack.

I didnt post pics of my scar bcs im ashamed of it. It reminds me of the day I got taken advantage of, and me falling for it. 

My main complaint isn’t the poor results, how my scar looks (I’m ashamed and I’m trying to move on),...I’m complaining about the shady practice of Soni. Me posting pics of my scar or results mean nothing, I have a freaking strip scar that’s all that’s needed to know. I never asked for a refund, never asked him to fix it, im just doing what I wish someone did before I trusted this site’s recommendation of Soni. 

End of the day, I wanted strictly fue. Soni agreed in email. I flew home with a huge strip scar on my head. That itself says it all, I didn’t magically want a strip scar once I landed in India. All this can be verified with the email screenshot I sent to the moderator of my convo/consultation with Soni. 

As for my 4K graft fue in Turkey, I had it done prior to Soni (which tells you I wasnt new to this when I consulted with Soni, and shows I’m only interested in fue). I got way more growth from that fue for half the price btw. I mentioned I’d be completely bald by now if it wasn’t for these hair transplants today (including the poor result 4k grafts from Soni) as all the hairs up top are transplant hairs + smp. Only FUE I got after Soni was 300 graft to my scaR

*Pics posted below, hope everyone can see it

Pics of the scar in sets 

-24hr post OP

-14days post OP

-5-6 months post OP

-12hr post fue into scar OP 

-4months post fue into scar OP 

-today ~1yr after fue into scar + smp

BEEEA240-DE0F-47D9-9509-0227E7986800.jpeg

6B4DAA46-9C87-4951-9EF9-C1E0A01C4BE1.jpeg

B07F9CD9-4957-4BA1-9095-1658800C6769.jpeg

322F2B47-F929-4394-9009-9CA725FB9618.jpeg

D5CE4EFF-0AB4-439F-B9FA-3FD78D1FE6C2.jpeg

DD53EA43-CCC1-4172-80FF-CC2F3EF594DD.jpeg

3740AA65-6648-410F-991B-C3698E1C52F7.jpeg

6D6AB6BF-3A45-49EB-BC91-58DE12139628.jpeg

092A35AC-435F-4E77-8CFE-FCA8DE93C9F0.jpeg

5D864572-10C3-4FE9-A0C5-8678639FDE84.jpeg

35F20B32-C165-4B41-BF73-FB405D85EFDC.jpeg

442ED247-F4F9-4AEB-92FA-FF54E76DEEDA.jpeg

DE6C1481-256E-4129-A4B0-71C91C7D4CFB.jpeg

Toby,

Nobody is questioning your intentions, if anything, I am just concerned as to why your initial post wasn’t addressed by any of the moderators at the time. When you posted, we had a different moderator and apparently he missed this post and I was never notified about it. Now that it’s been resurrected, I am now aware of it and trying to see what’s going on. 

Understand that we take our recommendations very seriously and we value  and even rely on patient input  to ensure a surgeon is continually producing outstanding results. In this case, it may not be as much about the results as it is about the fact that you underwent FUSS rather than FUE

Now, I did ask you to provide Dr. Soni with the necessary permission to share his side of the story. You did not respond to that so I ask you again, do you give him permission to share his side of the story? We do need to keep this forum balanced and fair and thoughts, we do need him to be able to reply.   It’s also part of investigating the issue to determine what actually happened here. There’s always two sides  every story and it’s important that the community gets both. 

Now, I have no idea what kind of conversation occurred between you and the doctor/clinic. However, your statement suggests that FUE was decided and agreed upon  prior to you traveling to undergo surgery. So here are my questions. 

1.  What exactly did the doctor say about FUE versus strip in your case? You said that he would only provide you with strip surgery, did he say why? Did you ask  why he went back on the agreement? 

2.  Obviously, nobody can force you to undergo a procedure. Once you found out that he wasn’t going to perform FUE on you, why did you decide to move forward with strip?    Depending on the answer to number one above, there may have been a good reason why he didn’t want to perform FUE on you.   But since you are adamant against having a strip scar,  i’m surprised that you decided to proceed with surgery.   This isn’t to take any one side, but you have to take at least some responsibility for moving forward with the procedure you didn’t want. Nobody forced you to undergo strip.   My guess is that you figured that any surgery is better than no surgery since you’ve traveled and taken time off of work, etc.   but you can’t necessarily blame the doctor for everything when you agreed to the procedure.   So my question is, why did you agree to undergo strip if you were heart set against it?

3.  You’ve used some very harsh terminology including calling him a scammer and a con artist. Frankly, I don’t think  that’s fair given that you did agree to the procedure. Maybe you felt forced into it because you were already there, but you still could’ve turned it down and went home.   If he was a scammer or a con artist, he would have performed whatever he wanted without telling you about it. But you clearly had the choice to proceed or not. 

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not putting the blame on you.  But, I don’t think you’re taking any responsibility here when it’s obvious that it’s at least part of your responsibility since you agreed to the procedure. 

So realistically, your answer to My question number one is vital in determining why he decided to change his mind about the procedure type. I’m also wondering if he mentioned before you traveled that there’s a possibility that he could change his mind after he evaluates you in person. Most surgeons don’t make promises about  performing a particular donor harvesting techniques until they see the patient in person. Most surgeons would say something like, “we can certainly do FUE for you if you are a candidate that we need to evaluate you in person first.“.   

So, did the surgeon or anybody from the clinic tell you that there’s a possibility that they might not be able to give you exactly what you want and will determine that once they see you in person? 

I encourage you to answer these questions openly and honestly and of course, we expect that you will allow the doctor to share his on the side of the story as well by giving him the necessary permission. 

Thanks,

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Toby,

Thanks for responding with pictures. It does help a lot. To be perfectly honest. Your donor area seemed over harvested, so I’m not sure you were still a candidate for FUE. Regardless, we want to hear Dr. Soni’s input on your case.  

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Toby,

Nobody is questioning your intentions, if anything, I am just concerned as to why your initial post wasn’t addressed by any of the moderators at the time. When you posted, we had a different moderator and apparently he missed this post and I was never notified about it. Now that it’s been resurrected, I am now aware of it and trying to see what’s going on. 

Understand that we take our recommendations very seriously and we value  and even rely on patient input  to ensure a surgeon is continually producing outstanding results. In this case, it may not be as much about the results as it is about the fact that you underwent FUSS rather than FUE

Now, I did ask you to provide Dr. Soni with the necessary permission to share his side of the story. You did not respond to that so I ask you again, do you give him permission to share his side of the story? We do need to keep this forum balanced and fair and thoughts, we do need him to be able to reply.   It’s also part of investigating the issue to determine what actually happened here. There’s always two sides  every story and it’s important that the community gets both. 

Now, I have no idea what kind of conversation occurred between you and the doctor/clinic. However, your statement suggests that FUE was decided and agreed upon  prior to you traveling to undergo surgery. So here are my questions. 

1.  What exactly did the doctor say about FUE versus strip in your case? You said that he would only provide you with strip surgery, did he say why? Did you ask  why he went back on the agreement? 

2.  Obviously, nobody can force you to undergo a procedure. Once you found out that he wasn’t going to perform FUE on you, why did you decide to move forward with strip?    Depending on the answer to number one above, there may have been a good reason why he didn’t want to perform FUE on you.   But since you are adamant against having a strip scar,  i’m surprised that you decided to proceed with surgery.   This isn’t to take any one side, but you have to take at least some responsibility for moving forward with the procedure you didn’t want. Nobody forced you to undergo strip.   My guess is that you figured that any surgery is better than no surgery since you’ve traveled and taken time off of work, etc.   but you can’t necessarily blame the doctor for everything when you agreed to the procedure.   So my question is, why did you agree to undergo strip if you were heart set against it?

3.  You’ve used some very harsh terminology including calling him a scammer and a con artist. Frankly, I don’t think  that’s fair given that you did agree to the procedure. Maybe you felt forced into it because you were already there, but you still could’ve turned it down and went home.   If he was a scammer or a con artist, he would have performed whatever he wanted without telling you about it. But you clearly had the choice to proceed or not. 

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not putting the blame on you.  But, I don’t think you’re taking any responsibility here when it’s obvious that it’s at least part of your responsibility since you agreed to the procedure. 

So realistically, your answer to My question number one is vital in determining why he decided to change his mind about the procedure type. I’m also wondering if he mentioned before you traveled that there’s a possibility that he could change his mind after he evaluates you in person. Most surgeons don’t make promises about  performing a particular donor harvesting techniques until they see the patient in person. Most surgeons would say something like, “we can certainly do FUE for you if you are a candidate that we need to evaluate you in person first.“.   

So, did the surgeon or anybody from the clinic tell you that there’s a possibility that they might not be able to give you exactly what you want and will determine that once they see you in person? 

I encourage you to answer these questions openly and honestly and of course, we expect that you will allow the doctor to share his on the side of the story as well by giving him the necessary permission. 

Thanks,

Bill

I didn’t notice he needed my permission to give his side, but that’s fine if he posts here. 

I take the most responsibilty on this, reason I’m so ashamed of the scar (bcs I gave in, making me feel weak). Why did I suddenly agree to fut (after rejecting 3-4 times), well I was pressured. That’s the point of this thread. He made me second guess fue bcs he said I’d be unhappy with results. I said to myself, well he’s suggested dr, I should trust his opinion. This is where I messed up, trusting him after going with my instinct throughout the day rejecting his “suggestion”.

I sent the emails to the moderator, no talk of fut was done. All that was agreed on was fue

The fact that I had to say no to FUT, 4x in a span of 9hrs in his clinic in itself was ridiculous. He literally said he can do 2k fue but I would regret it, I did not care and told him fue only. He then proceeds with the following

1. You will not be happy, you flew all this way to go home unhappy. (I reject his offer)

2 few hrs later”he brings in his past patient” calls me down, see this, this will be you if you do fut. you won’t be happy with fue, I’m not biased to fut but you won’t be happy (I reject his offer).

3. Calls me down again, he tells me he’ll give me until tonight to make up my mind and that he’ll call me downstairs for my answer, then mentions once again I’ll be unhappy with 2k fue. (I reject once again)

4. Brings me downstairs, his family is with him. Both his What i assume wife and him tells me if I’m ready for my fut (jokingly), his wife as well agreeing with him. They sit there in the lounge just waiting with wife and kids, this is where I agreed (foolishly). Why would I do fue when the dr. Doing it is saying I’d regret it? Again, you guys recommended him (so I put my trust in this site and took a risk). 

-i sent Soni detailed pics of my donor, he said he can do 2k fue grafts. 

-I see him in person, he says he can do 2k fue grafts. 

Not once did he say he cant do 2k fue grafts. He just tells my I won’t be happy bcs he’d need to go lower on my hairline, so he needs more grafts for density on my midscalp. So he kept saying do fut.

Edited by Toby0823

4 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

I’m also wondering if he mentioned before you traveled that there’s a possibility that he could change his mind after he evaluates you in person. 

He did not change his mind, he just never had intentions of doing fue. Upon arrival to his clinic, before I even spoke to him, I was brought into a group orientation (10 other people in the room looking to get hair transplant). 

He spent a good amount of his lecture talking about how much better fut is. How it’s a far better solution for re-growth. He didn’t give different scenarios of different people or hairloss type, he literally just talked about how much better FUT is and ALL the positives of fut

He speaks to me in person an hr later, tells me he’s NOT biased to FUT, right off the bat, but jumps right into saying how much happier id be with fut and I’d regret doing fue....