#BAM 4 Years later (FUE 4080 grafts) Carlos K. Wesley, M.D.#Before&AfterMondays

Billena

This 59-year-old man underwent a follicular unit extraction (FUE) session with Dr. Carlos K. Wesley in which a total of 4080 grafts were placed.

His hair follicles were incubated in autologous (his own) platelet rich plasma (PRP) throughout the duration of the procedure. This, combined with an ATP-containing storage solution has been shown to enhance survival of transplanted hairs.

Rather than a larger FUE punch used by a robotic approach, Dr. Wesley used a smaller caliber hand-held motorized punch to performed the donor harvest. This approach better enabled the capture of donor hair roots that are slightly curved beneath the skin surface. Upon completion of the harvest, the patient’s donor area was treated with PRP and ACell in order to not only minimize scar tissue formation, but also encourage partial regeneration of donor hair follicles.

The patient returned four years after his procedure and images of the patient can be seen below.

Slide1-20.jpg

Slide2-11.jpg

Slide3-9.jpg

IMG]http://www.drcarloswesley.com/images/big/MS/Slide4-9.jpg[/img]

Slide5-3.jpg

Slide6-2.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8-5.jpg

Well done Dr. Wesley. Great look with relatively short hair cut. Very natural looking hairline. Congrats...I sure the patient is quite pleased.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow that's a large FUE procedure...I am assuming it was done over a couple of days? Great result, very nice work.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Kinda deceptive advertising to compare a person with a buzzed head against themselves with their hair grow out. You could do a before and after with no surgery and people will be like wow big change just from fact growing your hair out helps alot for Norwood 3 and 4s with combing hair forward.

Can you provide a before pic pre surgery with same length on top

Kinda deceptive advertising to compare a person with a buzzed head against themselves with their hair grow out. You could do a before and after with no surgery and people will be like wow big change just from fact growing your hair out helps alot for Norwood 3 and 4s with combing hair forward.

Can you provide a before pic pre surgery with same length on top

Clinics are lucky enough to get a patient to come back in for pics at call. The guy wore a buzz cut preop. Do you think he is gonna shave his head after paying $20k for a transplant so someone on the internet is more impressed?

Looks like a successful case.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

how about they compare apples to apples. ask the patient for preop pics with their hair grow out or else its deceptive advertising which this industry is notorious for to drum up more business for the naive people who dont catch it.

i was a norwood 3 and when i buzzed my head it looks super bad (thin and wispy with receded temples)compared to growing it out(thick and much fuller look with coverage at temples) and combing it forward(adds to layed fuller affect). i could show you my pics with hair buzzed then grow out and tell you i had 3k grafts and you be like wow nice result and have had nothing done.

I have to say to really appreciate how successful the transplant is, would have been better to have seen pre op pics with hair grown out .I took lots of pics of my hair before my transplant to do exactly that compare the difference .

I have to say to really appreciate how successful the transplant is, would have been better to have seen pre op pics with hair grown out .I took lots of pics of my hair before my transplant to do exactly that compare the difference .

He's virtually slick bald on top pre-op, what in the world are you guys talking about.

He's virtually slick bald on top pre-op, what in the world are you guys talking about.

Nah not slick bald ,there's a distinct hair-line to be seen and even at that length plain to see he has some hair on top which if grown out would offer some coverage .

Nah not slick bald ,there's a distinct hair-line to be seen and even at that length plain to see he has some hair on top which if grown out would offer some coverage .

Get a better monitor or maybe glasses. Compare to the sides, this guy was a genuine baldite if there ever was one. That is nowhere near enough for the kind of coverage in the post-ops.

nope you're the one who needs to go to spec savers ..no one said there is enough hair there miniaturised or not, to offer the kind of post op coverage ..but as been noted by myself and others he's not slick bald .

The salient pont is it is always nice to compare like with like and it's moot as to how much difference there would be if hair was grown out . That's the point it's hard to know ...

Edited by Mick50

Jean have you ever buzzed your head to no guard and seen the stages of growth. I have and yea that guys bad but Its deceptive. When it grows out and he styles it same as post OP you can go from fine light hairs to thicker than you think on top. I'm telling you first hand my hair looks so thin and fine on top when buzzed and when grow out does a 180. The hairs like get thicker as they grow out and gain strenght or something. The top grows slower than the sides he can just keep buzzing the sides to let top catch up and keeping sides short will make top appear fuller. He actually doing the opposite sides longer than top. I could do that to a full head and they would appear to have a balding pattern by just the nature of the cut sides longer than top when buzzed. Reverse illusion

geez you guys like to nitpick, this is clearly a successful transplant. If he grew it out preop it may have shown a bit more hair but it would've looked like crap or he wouldn't have chosen to go with the "bald" look. You don't get a transplant if your hair looks great pre op. He went from unhappy to happy, and that for any patient is the win, and that's the real point here.

geez you guys like to nitpick, this is clearly a successful transplant. If he grew it out preop it may have shown a bit more hair but it would've looked like crap or he wouldn't have chosen to go with the "bald" look. You don't get a transplant if your hair looks great pre op. He went from unhappy to happy, and that for any patient is the win, and that's the real point here.

geez! I wish people would read posts properly before they comment . I didn't make a judgement good ,bad or indifferent as to the success of the transplant, merely commented that it's nice to compare like with like when evaluating the success of a procedure .Obviously it has been a success and the patient is happy which is the most important factor .

Jean have you ever buzzed your head to no guard and seen the stages of growth. I have and yea that guys bad but Its deceptive. When it grows out and he styles it same as post OP you can go from fine light hairs to thicker than you think on top. I'm telling you first hand my hair looks so thin and fine on top when buzzed and when grow out does a 180. The hairs like get thicker as they grow out and gain strenght or something. The top grows slower than the sides he can just keep buzzing the sides to let top catch up and keeping sides short will make top appear fuller. He actually doing the opposite sides longer than top. I could do that to a full head and they would appear to have a balding pattern by just the nature of the cut sides longer than top when buzzed. Reverse illusion

I understand the point, I've had a transplant and have experienced the feeling of looking virtually completely bald for a few months before I had enough coverage on top to give the illusion of a full head of hair, but this guy is virtually bald on top.

The point that a comparison with direct post op pics would be nice, but realistically most aren't getting a transplant to buzz it down again. Patients don't have transplants as a model for you to judge results.

Again look at the length and compare the sides to the top, this guy is virtually completely bald. I have post-buzz photos after a transplant with huge diffusion, a NW3A, looks nowhere near as bad as this. Miniaturised hair is still easily visible with a buzz even if grown out a bit it looks bad. This guy no longer even has visible miniaturised hairs on top. When people talk about someone being slick bald, this patient is the definition. If you can't see that then I don't know what to say to you.

That said, Doctor Wesley please hire someone who knows what they're doing when you post these results photos and put them together, consistently graft numbers are mixed up (half on this result say 4080 the others 1839), this is happening in almost every post you make that graft numbers aren't correct. Also post-ops with grafts implanted would be nice, and use a DSLR in decent lighting. This is 2001 stuff. Typically very strong results, but why would people trust a clinic that can't get graft numbers consistent in the same freakin post almost every single time.

I didn't make a judgement good ,bad or indifferent as to the success of the transplant, merely commented that it's nice to compare like with like when evaluating the success of a procedure ..

didn't you? you said the point here is that without an apple to apple comparison " it's hard to know"... right after that you said it's obviously been a success but before that you didn't know...so that's why I commented, it does the clinic a disservice on what was good work...I think it is pretty clear from the pre op to the final result much progress was made. I get what you're saying, ideally that's what we'd want to see and I'm with you on that, but you can still make out the change here, that's all I tried to get across.

didn't you? you said the point here is that without an apple to apple comparison " it's hard to know"... right after that you said it's obviously been a success but before that you didn't know...so that's why I commented, it does the clinic a disservice on what was good work...I think it is pretty clear from the pre op to the final result much progress was made. I get what you're saying, ideally that's what we'd want to see and I'm with you on that, but you can still make out the change here, that's all I tried to get across.

Didn't mention apples oranges or any other fruit . See again you didnt' read my post correctly .You put meaning which wasn't there in my post, again I state its always nice to see the hair grown out pre op to fully appraise a hair transplant .

Edited by Mick50