Payam

3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

On 3/12/2019 at 12:27 PM, FarsanUk said:

Look at planet steven he ranted so much about how disappointed his experience and result was and still went back there! And he won't be happy when his second result comes through I assure you although he is very OCD and really isn't a good candidate based on his mental status.

Normally don’t read these negative comments but since this has been sent me on Instagram like 5 times I thought I’d reply.

What mental status? I don’t think its unrealistic to expect the results the clinic promote on their website. I said from the start I was over promised and under delivered. 90% of people agree with me. The people who don’t have had a bad hair transplant them self, are associated with the clinic in some way or are just plain bitter.

Anyone with a good set of eyes could see my first transplant was a dissaster. If it wasn’t the clinic wouldn’t agree to fix it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, PlanetStephen said:

Normally don’t read these negative comments but since this has been sent me on Instagram like 5 times I thought I’d reply.

What mental status? I don’t think its unrealistic to expect the results the clinic promote on their website. I said from the start I was over promised and under delivered. 90% of people agree with me. The people who don’t have had a bad hair transplant them self, are associated with the clinic in some way or are just plain bitter.

Anyone with a good set of eyes could see my first transplant was a dissaster. If it wasn’t the clinic wouldn’t agree to fix it.

Not disputing that it lacks density but to go back there after all that? You Just said it was a disaster (which it isnt) but it's not great either but then from that experience to go back to the same clinic is completely ridiculous if this is a disaster as you say again.. then you really shouldn't post about it and you'll have only your self to blame as there are bad clinics out there (not that asmed is that bad) and to go back there was crazy. It's not like you complained about something minor which could be dealt with very easily by going back there. You were seriously angry at the result and experience .

Edited by FarsanUk

4 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

Not disputing that it lacks density but to go back there after all that? You Just said it was a disaster (which it isnt) but it's not great either but then from that experience to go back to the same clinic is completely ridiculous if this is a disaster as you say again.. then you really shouldn't post about and you'll have only your self to blame as there are bad clinics out there (not that asmed is that bad) and to go back there was crazy. It's not like you complained about something minor which could be dealt with very easily by going back there. You were seriously angry at the result and experience .

Ok so from this you came to the conclusion I’ve have mental issues and OCD? 

Please think before you post, people who do have mental health issues would take offence to your negative comments based on your opinion. 

I don’t have to explain my reasons behind it to you, clearly you’re fixed on your opinions and I’m not gonna waste my time trying to change it. 

3 minutes ago, PlanetStephen said:

Ok so from this you came to the conclusion I’ve have mental issues and OCD? 

Please think before you post, people who do have mental health issues would take offence to your negative comments based on your opinion. 

I don’t have to explain my reasons behind it to you, clearly you’re fixed on your opinions and I’m not gonna waste my time trying to change it. 

I commented on your mental status. Some people have serious ocd and whilst your result wasn't fantastic you have to realise no transplant will ever create the illusion of density that the hair fibres you put in do. If anyone saw all your YouTube videos your personality screams "not a candidate for a hair transplant." But what's done is done let's hope you do have a good result but please do not rant and rave about it if it's a "disaster" as you say again, you went back to a place whom you wernt happy with it all. Once you've had the experience you say you had,just like any service or product why would anyone in their right mind go back? I'm sure they took extra care this time but let's see.

1 hour ago, FarsanUk said:

I commented on your mental status. Some people have serious ocd and whilst your result wasn't fantastic you have to realise no transplant will ever create the illusion of density that the hair fibres you put in do. If anyone saw all your YouTube videos your personality screams "not a candidate for a hair transplant." But what's done is done let's hope you do have a good result but please do not rant and rave about it if it's a "disaster" as you say again, you went back to a place whom you wernt happy with it all. Once you've had the experience you say you had,just like any service or product why would anyone in their right mind go back? I'm sure they took extra care this time but let's see.

Clearly you’re set in your views and no one can change these. If you had watched my earlier videos I was extremely optimistic about my first transplant. I never thought for a second it wouldn’t be a success but was surprised by the way I was treated and with the results..... I could go on and on.

Maybe you should start a blog or private consultations since you’re such an expert in who should and shouldn’t have a hair transplant as I’m assuming you obviously have a degree in psychology or mental health based on your diagnosis of my “mental issues”. 

🙄😴😴😴

• Haha 1

In that case we should close this website becsuse everyone has opinions and there are no qualified experts on this site apart from the odd doctor. You complained your ass off and then you went back to the same place now don't complain if it it's still a disaster.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

In that case we should close this website becsuse everyone has opinions and there are no qualified experts on this site apart from the odd doctor. You complained your ass off and then you went back to the same place now don't complain if it it's still a disaster.

He didn't have much choice if he wanted it fixed now. They refused a refund and I imagine agreed to fix it for free. You can have your own opinion but discussing a member's mental health outside of his own thread is pretty poor form and I think you should drop it. 

He had every right to complain the first time, as will he the second time if he is not happy. 

Edited by jonnyalex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys,

This discussion is totally off-topic. This thread is for Payam and his results. If you guys have personal disagreements. You guys can PM eachother or me, but let’s keep this thread on topic and no longer de-rail it with side conversations. 

Thanks for your cooperation-Melvin 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jonnyalex said:

He didn't have much choice if he wanted it fixed now. They refused a refund and I imagine agreed to fix it for free. You can have your own opinion but discussing a member's mental health outside of his own thread is pretty poor form and I think you should drop it. 

He had every right to complain the first time, as will he the second time if he is not happy. 

He did have a choice we all have a choice. If this messes up like the previous one at the same damn place he may not be able to repair it and if he went through the right channels he would have got a partial refund (again we are not aware if he was refused refund). We call the shots right up to the point of sitting In that chair no one hasto go through with it just because they refused a refund. The pain and paranoia of the post op would be greatly reduced if you don't go back( to some one who he described as a disaster result) and go to someone of a higher standard-yes more money but it'll be worth it. Thats not to say asmed is a really bad clinic because it's not but to go back to any clinic where you've had a disaster as he describes just defies logic.

Edited by FarsanUk

8 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

This discussion is totally off-topic. This thread is for Payam and his results. If you guys have personal disagreements. You guys can PM eachother or me, but let’s keep this thread on topic and no longer de-rail it with side conversations. 

Thanks for your cooperation-Melvin 

Noted Melvin no problem. I couldn't not reply back to Steven when he posted on here and then of course it just goes on and on. Let's get back to Payum

9 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

We don't all have thousands of pounds flying out of our arses for multiple surgeries. Stephen made a decision based on his viable options. Respectfully disagree or move on, who are you to tell people not to complain? On a forum to voice our experiences of our surgeries no less. Maybe save your armchair psychology for another forum.

Payam, myself, Stephen and others are all experiencing very similar issues and the few people that are happy with their results from the same clinic think its acceptable to trash talk others whose experience isn't as positive. Its like those who have a good result have some strange loyalty to the clinic, that makes them want to drown out any complaints by saying we have mental issues or just outright name calling on every single post. Payam isn't happy, neither are multiple others. Let them voice this without trying to somehow invalidate it just because your experience was better, its petty af.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Of course you would go back to the same place that screwed things up since you want to get what you originally paid for. It's like paying a mechanic to fix your car and he does a bad job, you go back and get him to complete the job you have already paid for. Plus I imagine the second time round the surgeon will make you their top priority since they don't want it continue any further.

• Like 1

I'm at 18 weeks after asmed myself and haven't improved above baseline yet. Don't see any new sprouts

10 minutes ago, tofuparty said:

Of course you would go back to the same place that screwed things up since you want to get what you originally paid for. It's like paying a mechanic to fix your car and he does a bad job, you go back and get him to complete the job you have already paid for.

Ähh, no. Many people, including myself, would never do that. I doubt Payam would do that. Your head is not a car. If you really did not feel well with the clinic the first time (Payman did not for example even before his result was there) or you think the result was a "disaster" you should not (!) go back. If you are overall happy and it is a small touch up...that is another story.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I'm at 18 weeks after asmed myself and haven't improved above baseline yet. Don't see any new sprouts

This is normal, relax and I recommend not to look at threads like this for the next month. Almost everyone looks like sh.t after 3 month.

10 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

This is normal, relax and I recommend not to look at threads like this for the next month. Almost everyone looks like sh.t after 3 month.

That guy looks good at 4 month and 1 week. The gap clearly filled in. I'm at that same time of 4 months and 1 weeks and am nowhere close lol

8 hours ago, tofuparty said:

Of course you would go back to the same place that screwed things up since you want to get what you originally paid for. It's like paying a mechanic to fix your car and he does a bad job, you go back and get him to complete the job you have already paid for. Plus I imagine the second time round the surgeon will make you their top priority since they don't want it continue any further.

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻👏🏻

23 hours ago, tofuparty said:

Some folks think it is ok to do that but in the second time around a surgeon may get careless . They may use chunkier grafts and bigger punches.  They may cause more scarring within the zones already grafted and leaving you with ridging or cobblestoning.  Then possibly send you elswhere after they realize they did a good job destroying vascularization to your scalp and you are having to go back and forth and hoping to get out of a nightmare situation.  I really hope that this really comes to an end soon.  It is brutal and folks shouldn'thave to go through repairs.  Repairs can be very risky if done wrong and you are already utilizing pricelesss grafts.   Fml

On 3/8/2019 at 7:35 AM, JayLDD said:

No definitely not, but I think it’s downright *moronic* to expect going into a transplant that you’re guaranteed a good result with any clinic, and that if you don’t get one you’re going to shit on the clinic.

I show the poor Cooley results above because anyone who has done their research would understand that virtually any clinic no matter how highly regarded regularly gets poor results if you judge statistically (even roughly) across all surgeons. If 5-15% of results from virtually every surgeon are at a similar standard to Payams (they are and everyone should do proper research and stop focusing on top tier results) the hysteria here appears evidently insane. 

It’s also clearly not a disaster, the density is poor but he’s in a better position than preop and a 1500 graft touchup would likely get him in a very strong position.

Payam has the right to complain his results are poor, but to say like he did on the other forum to everyone considering a procedure with Erdogan they “will be butchered” is ridiculous and reflects more poorly on him than the clinic. A normal person with basic understanding of success rates would have accepted and moved on or consulted rationally about a touchup/refund rather than shitting on them, being blatantly dishonest, often outright lying and then expecting sympathy.

@JayLDD sorry mate but have you seen my result to call it a poor result? I dont see any recent pictures of myself anywhere on the forum for you to even suggest it was a poor (or a good) result? Let’s not make assumptions. 

Click here to follow my FUT procedure with Dr.Cooley

Guys,

Let’s keep this thread on topic, no need tp bring up anyone else’s result besides Payam. To date, we haven’t seen any different angles or the total results. So in reality there’s not much to say about his results.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

11 hours ago, UKLad81 said:

@JayLDD sorry mate but have you seen my result to call it a poor result? I dont see any recent pictures of myself anywhere on the forum for you to even suggest it was a poor (or a good) result? Let’s not make assumptions. 

I thought it was incredibly unlikely that you had gone from what appears like 20%ish yield of grafts to an above par result when your last post was at 8 months. I'm not saying that to be insulting or to knock your doctor as I'd happily have gone to him myself, but I specifically brought it up here to emphasise that a bad result isn't relegated to surgeons that use techs for extractions or non Americans.  Cooley is widely respected by virtually everyone but your result and the other I posted there clearly show that being an American or having more doctor participation in a surgery doesn't guarantee good results like some here are trying to pretend. If I'm wrong and it drastically improved from 8 months feel free to post it I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

If some people spent the amount of time researching doctors and results as they do whining or complaining here they'd figure out that there isn't a 100% chance of a good result no matter the doctor. The success rate is for 90%+ growth is likely only just above the 80% mark for even top surgeons. But of course people only want to look and compare themselves to top results in favourable lighting and styling conditions while ignoring any other relevant factors or actual patient posted result success rates among a variety of surgeons. I do think Payam's result is evidently below-par but its probably telling that he refuses to post pics or video from different angles and combs the bad side in the opposite direction to how the rest of the hairs flows.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:15 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

Let’s keep this thread on topic, no need tp bring up anyone else’s result besides Payam. To date, we haven’t seen any different angles or the total results. So in reality there’s not much to say about his results.

Dear Melvin,

I hear your request but this is the only post that I can find a collected information about what's going wrong with latest results. With all my respect to Dr. Koray Erdoğan, I am losing my hope on my result since it's been 8 months from the op. My hair looks like below and unfortunately noone is discussing possible failures on those personel single posts. At this particular moment, I'm in a desperate need for a reasonable explanation why I'm looking like this. No significant change since 5 months and now I'm wondering is it possible for the remaining grafts (approx %60-%70 of total) to popout suddenly and all together after they have slept under for 8 months. And what are the odds for that ?

20190329_082351.jpg

20190329_082318.jpg

20190329_082254.jpg

• Sad 1

@abysmoFrom my personal experience, i do not think that after 8 months suddenly all the sleeping hairs will pop out. If it is not shown out by 6 months it is most likely dead. Do not have false hope that suddenly it will burst.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, abysmo said:

Dear Melvin,

I hear your request but this is the only post that I can find a collected information about what's going wrong with latest results. With all my respect to Dr. Koray Erdoğan, I am losing my hope on my result since it's been 8 months from the op. My hair looks like below and unfortunately noone is discussing possible failures on those personel single posts. At this particular moment, I'm in a desperate need for a reasonable explanation why I'm looking like this. No significant change since 5 months and now I'm wondering is it possible for the remaining grafts (approx %60-%70 of total) to popout suddenly and all together after they have slept under for 8 months. And what are the odds for that

8 months is still early. I suggest creating your own thread and tracking your progress.

I feel I must belatedly jump into this thread and post my asmed update, payam you have had it in for asmed from the beginning, maybe just maybe your stress and worrying caused it (if its actually that bad), also post a photo with your hair styled like a normal person. 5 years i took to decide on a doctor, and i feel like your trying to railroad a clinic with fantastic results. To many he has changed their lives, including myself...1676140106_PointBlur_Mar162019_074008.thumb.jpg.82d8b1318503e1ad7d28a5274794e936.jpg342220720_PhotoCollage_20190316_155423737.thumb.jpg.2d2e8c2d492c9477af7697d37630797e.jpg

• Like 1

Hair Transplant: 5019 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, April 2018

Stats

• Hairs per graft ratio : 2.29
  • Total grafts : 5019
  • Total hairs : 11493
  • Hair thickness 58 microns
  • Singles : 573
  • Doubles : 2602
  • Triples : 1677
  • Quadruples : 162
  • Quintuples : 5