3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

Hi guys, i just got back from turkey and decided to start posting my HT journey for you all.

Background

I am 33 years old and have been battling hair loss since my early twenties by various means before i last year decided to finally take the plunge and do a HT, i picked Dr Koray because of his good reviews online.

Consultation:

I arrived at the clinic on the 12th for my evaluation, the whole thing felt quite rushed and the consultation with koray probably lasted around 5-10 minutes total, after that it was shaving and drawing of the hairline, which took a couple of minutes, and payment and information with the coordinators.

1st Day of surgery

This is a mainly tech driven surgery which is not very clear anywhere but patient reviews. The techs will do the extraction and the insertion and Koray will do the incisions. I had 2600 grats implantet on the front the first day, the proceduce took from the morning until around 4pm so it was quite long.

2nd Day of surgery

Same as day one, only the last 1000 grafts were inserted in the crown/vertex, this day was really tough and i got very bad flu-like symptoms when the surgery was over with a 39 degree fever at the evening, coordinators said it was normal.

Day 1 post op

We only went to the clinic for a quick wash, the doctor did not see me despite my high fever from the night before which i was very disappointed in considering what we are paying. Got some final information on maintenance and was sent on my way.

Day 2 post op

My final day in turkey, i went back to Sweden, decided not wear a hat as to not damage my grafts, kind of embarassing at the airport as i was looking like a mutant with my swollen head and open wounds.

Day 3 post op

I am seeing some really bad gaps in my hairline today, coordinator at the clinic is saying it is completely normal but when i google answers from other surgeons and MD's they are saying it is NOT normal and that i should contact the surgeon immediately, which is impossible at this clinic, so i have to trust my coordinator for now..

No spray, i am following post op instructions from the clinic though, using a 5.5hp shampoo and the foam they gave every day.

When looking here:

https://www.realself.com/hair-transplant/answers/cracks

most of the replies ive read from other surgeons seem to think it is not normal and that you should contact the clinic immediately, which i did, and since they told me it is normal i have to take their word for it. Time will tell who is right, i just hope i won't have to correct something in 8 months that could have been fixed with a quick touch-up today obviously, quite worried about my results already, but i will post regular updates to this thread regardless.

Hi Payam

I had my HT done with ASMED a few days before you, I was given a bottle of ATP spray and told to spray every hour for the first 3 days. I have read before if the scalp becomes to dry this “cracking” can happen but I’m not sure of the outcome I’m afraid, may be due to swelling and dry scalp?

Are you leaving the foam on for the 20 minutes before doing the two hair washes? This foam is important too.

Ah yes i used the ATP spray first three days. Yep using the foam every day for 20 min, Esen is saying that Dr Koray thinks its normal, but honestly the skin between the cracks is completely clean, no grafts visible.. this is a nightmare =( i offered to come back to turkey right now to fix it but they are saying no and that this is normal so i have no choice and will wait. My instinct is saying im screwed though but we will see i guess, what else can i do?

Hi Payam,

I am no expert, but if the Dr. Koray said there was no problem then you should trust him. I believe he would not put his reputation on the line.

Might it be that you shedding phase started a way earlier? What the most experienced users have to say about it?

Hang in there mate!

Hi Payam,

I am no expert, but if the Dr. Koray said there was no problem then you should trust him. I believe he would not put his reputation on the line.

Might it be that you shedding phase started a way earlier? What the most experienced users have to say about it?

Hang in there mate!

Thank you brother, it is difficult when it is looking this horrid at this early stage..

Day 5 post op

Cracks are getting worse, the gaps are completely devoid of any grafts, really don't understand why this is happening. :(

I also had those cracks (I also underwent HT with ASMED) and now I'm on my Day 86 and so far everything looks fine to me.

I have seen those cracks many times over the years and I can't recall it ever causing a problem with the final result. You probably have some swelling at this time which could make it seem worse.

Unrelated: I'm guessing the fever you reported in another thread came to nothing.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I have seen those cracks many times over the years and I can't recall it ever causing a problem with the final result. You probably have some swelling at this time which could make it seem worse.

Unrelated: I'm guessing the fever you reported in another thread came to nothing.

Well, i didn't die at least, hehe, cracks got progressively worse. I think I'm most worried that my head swelled up and now that it is down to size my grafts have migrated to very densely packed islands, see picture. I mean it looks like they are really dense now, which is not a good thing for graft survival.

IMG_20180320_115637.thumb.jpg.b9443982c41b18623b21ecd424adf8be.jpg

First time in a while that I've read someone that's generally unhappy with his experience at ASMED. Will be interesting to follow how this one turns out.

How can i not be mate? The only correspondence I have is through a coordinator and only through pictures, it looks bad already compared to what ive seen and all I get is the convenient "wait a year"', I mean I wouldn't mind waiting a year if at least the doctor himself had seen it in person, inspected it with his tools and assured me everything is fine. Is this too much to ask for what we are paying?

Day 11

Most of the crust is coming off now, really worried about the density in the front, especially when comparing to other people's day ten pictures. The doctor himself called me yesterday assuring me that the cracks and low density look is normal. I guess some of the smaller hairs might have dropped off with the crust but still.. quite worried about the density, what do you guys think?

IMG_20180324_101141.thumb.jpg.f57b1b308cf158c1214026d97b26448f.jpg

I’m no expert but I am 2 months post op FUE.

Judging from your pics right after surgery it looks like they did a marvelous job. Hairline looks natural and density looks good. I think the pics right after surgery is the best indication of how the Dr. did - because after a couple days, you start to shed some hair and then the mind goes crazy.

I was convinced a week or 2 after surgery that the tech that implanted the right side did it worse than the tech that implanted the left side.

The reality is, you won’t know how your transplant looks until many months in. I’m at 2 months and I have no way of knowing how it is going to look ultimately.

But from the pics you’ve shown, especially right after surgery, I think you are fine.

i'll admit that does look concerning. However, i have seen and heard nothing but amazing things from your clinic. I think you should rest easy and know that you'd be a statistical anomaly if you have any issues.

Which part in particular? The cracks or the low density?