3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

6 hours ago, Payam said:

Like this? I cant slick the left side as you can see, would need wax or gel for that. This was after a shower, added a pic of the crown as well.

IMG_20180905_094031.jpg

IMG_20180905_094702.jpg

IMG_20180905_094835.jpg

It doesn't actually look too bad from this angle, considering that the growth looks fairly even I think it could still improve hugely. I know you're a week behind 6 months but here's my 5 month, doesn't look much better:

P1100904.thumb.jpg.12011b69d0f4c6022916d194fefa6d75.jpgP1100901.thumb.jpg.947d2b370f6f24302a33fb7bf73ee9e1.jpgP1100906.thumb.jpg.3ab7ee4eaea73195b6a2ecc84e04444e.jpg

9 months - final result:

IMG_8533-04-01-18-02-12.thumb.jpeg.2e0f9b08f2ce11c01c932134e0519c06.jpeg

image.thumb.png.2acdd1c62c3eac52a96e4dbd7d11ed37.png

_DSC7761.thumb.JPG.585f800629f75d89e0d65fcbabbbd1f5.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Payam,

If im being honest, it doesnt look bad at all. Obviously, if you push your hair down or spread it apart you will expose scalp. 

This was my hairline dry at 6 months. You can see its still apprears a bit sparse and obviously moreso if my hair was wet. Remember, not everyone grows at ge same rate either. 

Moving forward, i would appreciate if you could post progress pictures like the one you posted that show your entire scalp. This gives a true depiction of your results.

8DC858B4-E836-4A4C-A109-758C789A5F10.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Payam,

You do not look that bad in those last couple of photos and I am being totally honest with you.

As someone already said, you have made your mind already that this procedure was a failure and just want to hear those people who confirm your theory and blindly ignore those who provide helpful and unbiased feedback.

You know what? Maybe the way you are handling all this process is in fact a mirror of all your insecurities that you thought would be solved with a brand new hair.

By looking at your photos before the surgery you look like a good looking guy so you should be really proud of you because at least you win the genetic lottery. If you want an utterly earnest and honest advice, please, do focus on yourself above everything else and do not put so much pressure on the end result of this hair transplant because if this hair transplant turns out to be an home run you will still be the same person thinking in the exact same way and you know where this will end up? Let me guess, you will try to find something else external to you where you delegate the responsibility of your happiness.

Just to make it clear, I am not saying that you just have to give up on this hair transplant and do not be demanding with the clinic and the doctor but please give yourself some slack and focus on something else, please, do it to yourself!

Peace,

utxeee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, JeanLDD said:

It doesn't actually look too bad from this angle, considering that the growth looks fairly even I think it could still improve hugely. I know you're a week behind 6 months but here's my 5 month, doesn't look much better:

P1100904.thumb.jpg.12011b69d0f4c6022916d194fefa6d75.jpgP1100901.thumb.jpg.947d2b370f6f24302a33fb7bf73ee9e1.jpgP1100906.thumb.jpg.3ab7ee4eaea73195b6a2ecc84e04444e.jpg

9 months - final result:

IMG_8533-04-01-18-02-12.thumb.jpeg.2e0f9b08f2ce11c01c932134e0519c06.jpeg

image.thumb.png.2acdd1c62c3eac52a96e4dbd7d11ed37.png

_DSC7761.thumb.JPG.585f800629f75d89e0d65fcbabbbd1f5.JPG

It does look similar, although my hair is probably quite a bit thicker than yours, what is your hair diameter? Very nice result in the end, did you see any new sprouts after 6 months?

Thank you for your honest feedback guys, both negative and positive. I think I went into this thing thinking I would be a knock it out of the park great result with my hair thickness and number of grafts used, anything else didn't even cross my mind and everything from the unexpected parts of the surgery to the fever and cracks and now late progress has just sent me into a negative spiral. Since the consensus is I should calm down and wait, I will try to be rational and do just that, and I will post similar pictures in my updates with my hair wet and slicked back as well as dry.

Again thank you for the help and honest feedback.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 4:16 AM, Payam said:

It does look similar, although my hair is probably quite a bit thicker than yours, what is your hair diameter? Very nice result in the end, did you see any new sprouts after 6 months?

I'm guessing about a 30% increase in sprouts after the 6 month mark up to 12. Mainly textural and thickening changes though which were drastic, especially up to 8 months. The hair  was between 50-60 microns.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, Payam said:

Your hair might be thicker, but Jean has a much better skin to hair contrast and he has curls. Both helps tremendously to make the hair look better.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:34 AM, Gasthoerer said:

Your hair might be thicker, but Jean has a much better skin to hair contrast and he has curls. Both helps tremendously to make the hair look better.

This is true, but i really should have great density in the end with the number of grafts and my hair thickness. My scalp is very visible right now and it's quite embarrassing, although this isn't unusual for six months from what I've seen, in some lights it looks like I'm still strongly receding on the non-slicked side. I will wait until next month for updates as every time I visit this forum I keep looking at other peoples progress which can be soul destroying as you know. I am still seeing a couple of sprouts here and there but despite this it's more and more apparent that I've had slow/no growth all over until this point, its more visible now that some of the hairs are thick and the gaps are more obvious. I'm still hopeful for the next two months though as you guys with more knowledge and experience have said It could improve considerably during this time

Edited by Payam

• Administrators

Not bad for 6 months, yes there is still room for improvement, but it is only 6 months.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Payam said:

Dry and combed back

IMG_20180921_160859.jpg

I agree, not bad for 6-months with many more to go. To me there looks to be more improvement from even looking at your Sept 5th post and photos to be honest with you, if a couple of weeks can improve this much then several more months will hopefully as well.

• Like 1

I understand the density isnt where u want it to be at this stage .. but the outline of ur hairline looks promising .. once those hairs thicken up u won’t be as disappointed as u were .. u got hope payam,. From 5 months to 6 months it looks promising . It gets better .. Stay positive !!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

There is a calculation tool from Erdogan (sorry) and Lorenzo to calculate it. 

Thank you man, but i was more thinking in line of your experience from other cases, lets say my situation didn't improve at all, how many additional grafts would i need to get an acceptable result with my hair calibre of 70 microns?

1 hour ago, Payam said:

I wanted to hear your guys opinion on how much % density i would need to not see the scalp in natural light...IMG_20180930_121612.thumb.jpg.2c70cff2f61e7708eb2793ed332da986.jpg

IMG_20181004_220626.jpg

Hi mate 

must say your hair is getting better I honestly think it’s got a lot better in these pics. I hope your thickening and sprouting continues bro, stop stressing now hopefully that will help too lol

• Administrators

It's definitely improving month by month, if you go back and look at your previous photos there is definite improvement, you're still at 6 months, try not to look at it weekly and wait until a full month passes.

View my thread