3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

Agree 100% with Jammerz, totally disagree with what 007 has said about your current look and previous look (just my opinion). Talk of second procedures is not helpful at 5 months. Please take advice from others who have had the procedure done.

• Thanks 1

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

I never thought his hair is bad or had a bad transplant .. I’ve been open minded about it all this time .. but payam has convinced me .. that his results are bad .. n he doesn’t like it..  with all the encouraging words he’s gotten so far ..  n he still disagrees, then he’s just needing for someone to agree with how he’s feeling .. so I agree with u Payam. It’s horrible .

Edited by Legend007

Your welcome to your opinion 007, I respect it very much. However I could not disagree more with your last post. 

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

2 minutes ago, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

Tbh I'd be pretty disappointed with that result at 5 months as well. I've seen quite a few of these results from erdogan recently, i'm wondering if his standards are slipping a bit.

Can you please advise who the 'quite a few' patients / cases are,? I've not seen them and would like to compare their progress with my own. Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

I'll pm you the ones i remember, i don't want to name and shame. 

Much appreciated ?

On 7/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, Payam said:

I have these spots with absolutely NO new hairs.. hard to not be worried when its like this. Also I'm sure these bald spots line up to the large cracks I had early on due to the shitty post op wash they gave me. I will post pictures of the cracks and bald spots when I get home.

How’s my results for three months guys? I was as well in Asmed .

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:22 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys, 

We need to remain respectful, this conversation is completely de-railing this thread, it is time to end this discussion on this thread, if any of you want to continue this conversation you can private message eachother. 

Warm regards-Melvin

I totally agree with this.

Firstly, I recently had a HT done at Asmed.

Now about this thread. On the one hand, I think that it's too early to call a result bad as Payam says because perhaps Payam is a slow grower. On the other hand, I don't think that a forum is the best place for calling someone liar (literally) or crybaby (indirectly). Do you want to know why? Because those truth seekers what might cause is other people not posting their HT experiences because nobody wants to be called crybaby when you are going through a process that totally changes the way you look and feel for the better or for the worse. Hopefully for the better but the process is long, with an "ugly duckling phase" included.

I am sure that Payam wants to be proven wrong some months later and share a great recovery phase. Just let the guy express their feelings and fears after all these months of physical and economic sacrifices and "invested" grafts, because I don't think many of us talk about how do we feel about this with everybody, probably not even with the family to not make them worry. Besides, it's here where you have the chance to get replies from people that are experts or have had a HT done before, that's why we are here to begin with.

This is just my humble opinion.

Edited by BigBen

We are here to support payam .. there can be disagreements .. but that’s what keep things interesting .. let the weeks pass by n see how things progress .. it’s best when we see someone’s real  ht journal .. not some pre-op pic then 1 year later he has full head of hair .. that helps no one .. it’s most helpful n insightful when we witness someone’s journey thru the good n bad .. n thanks payam for sharing ur experience . N Sharing ur honest feelings . . appreciate ya .. 

5 months

hey fellas, I would say not a great deal has changed since last, existing hair got longer and thicker, I see some sprouts here and there, but not nearly enough. I have been picking through my recipient trying to figure out why it is looking like this, and the only conclusion I can draw is that there are bald patches all over my hairline with no visible sprouts, and the distance between the hairs that are growing is far too large in those areas. This is becoming more and more apparent now that the existing hair is growing thicker. I have maybe a month or two of new sprouts left, but at the rate they are coming I'm not betting on any substantial changes, the existing hair will mature but based on the distance between the growing follicles it won't be nearly enough. Some people are claiming I am panicking or overly pessimistic etc but I'm really not, at least not any more, I am trying to look at this with honest and realistic, albeit very disappointed eyes.

The pictures below are where my hair is wet which I feel most shows what I discussed above with the bald zones, I will take some dry pictures later for transparency. Before anyone asks what the clinic is saying: "wait 15-18 months"

Best regards

IMG_20180812_225052.jpg

IMG_20180812_225209.jpg

Hey payam,

i was told you can't check a HT with wet hair, it's not an indication. besides you have much more than 2 months of growth.

i was told until 10 month or so hair still growing, so don't lose hope, don't stress out, just try to ignore it for the meantime, that's what i do.

wishing you more and more grow mate.

Payam when all said and done 5 months is way to early to make any judgements on whether your transplant is a success or not .

I have uploaded 2 pics, I had my transplant on the 6/1/ 2015   so the first pic is 5 months 1 week  post op   ,second pic is just under 4.5 month post op. Jesus man tranquilo  if I thought they were the finished results I wouldn't have been happy ,in reality the hair was only beginning to grow and thicken ,will upload a pic soon to show how my hair look now , I Have plenty of pics on here showing my progression tho not in a linear thread as such .

Third pic look a lot darker  than it does on my phone see if I can upload a clearer one 

Photo on 13-06-2015 at 10.34 #3.jpg

Photo on 16-05-2015 at 09.52 #4.jpg

20180813_114136.jpg

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mick50, I would like to see those new photos. I am happy that density improved for you. :)

Payam, if you can, post those photos with dry hair and not just the sides but front with hair pushed backwards.

You are at month fifth right now so there is still room for improvement.

Nothing in my case worth mentioning but a quick update. Today is the 14th day, reddish in recipient area was gone on day 7, now it is somewhat pinkish. I haven't shed yet but hair started to curl a little bit, I'm not sure what it means, but now it's no longer like a hedgehog. I am Caucasian with slightly wavy hair when it's longer.

EDIT: The new photo is a bit dark but your hair looks awesome there. What was your doctor?

Edited by BigBen

31 minutes ago, BigBen said:

Mick50, I would like to see those new photos. I am happy that density improved for you. :)

Payam, if you can, post those photos with dry hair and not just the sides but front with hair pushed backwards.

Nothing in my case worth mentioning but a quick update. Today is the 14th day, reddish in recipient area was gone on day 7, now it is somewhat pinkish. I haven't shed yet but hair started to curl a little bit, I'm not sure what it means, but now it's no longer like a hedgehog. I am Caucasian with slightly wavy hair when it's longer.

EDIT: The new photo is a bit dark but your hair looks awesome there. What was your doctor?

I Think I will make a new post showing a quick progression from 3.5 years ago to now rather than show them on Payam's thread just wanted to show that 5 months is early in the game, think about it these grafts have been plucked form your head  outside the body for a period of time  then put into a new zone ,luckily it works ,but it still trauma for the grafts and they take time to grow, in my opinion  you have a good idea by the 7 -8 months if it is going to be a success or not  .

In the mean time BigBen click on my profile you can see the pics I have uploaded there, the most recent one is about 5 months I think, OK taken on my phone ,,but if you look you will see there are pics that have been taken with a DSLR   camera as well .

Edited by Mick50

52 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

I Think I will make a new post showing a quick progression from 3.5 years ago to now rather than show them on Payam's thread just wanted to show that 5 months is early in the game, think about it these grafts have been plucked form your head  outside the body for a period of time  then put into a new zone ,luckily it works ,but it still trauma for the grafts and they take time to grow, in my opinion  you have a good idea by the 7 -8 months if it is going to be a success or not  .

In the mean time BigBen click on my profile you can see the pics I have uploaded there, the most recent one is about 5 months I think, OK taken on my phone ,,but if you look you will see there are pics that have been taken with a DSLR   camera as well .

Thank you mate, you look fantastic in the last picture, great hairline design too, really happy for you. I wish that type of result for all of us, i will keep looking and praying for those new sprouts.

1 hour ago, BigBen said:

The front looks fairly good as far as spacing of the grafts, like it could be dense enough to not see the scalp in a couple of months. They told me that they reinforced the front with 200 additional grafts on the second (crown) day of the surgery, which is why i only have 800 grafts in the crown and not 1000 as was initially agreed on. I will take pics when i get home.

@Payam,

I know you have some general concerns, let alone specific ones based on our previous conversation through private messaging and  publicly on other topics. But you do need to relax. I don’t know what other people are saying, but I’ve seen what you’ve shown us with the gaps hundreds of times. What you saw is perfectly normal. This is not the result of the grafts, but the scabbing. It makes things look like they are clustered together but they are actually fine. 

Please do understand, but a lot of people on the real self website are not educated like the people here.  You’re going to find all kinds of misinformation over there in addition to other places on the Internet. There’s a reason why this community is well-established and has been around for almost 20 years now. Trust me, what you saw is perfectly normal.

Regarding your current progress at five months, you are still exceptionally early on in your hair transplant. Try not to be alarmed. It seems like you’ve been stressed from the beginning. Hair will grow at different speeds and  sprout up at different times. Most people don’t even see any signs of new growth until 3 to 5 months. The fact that you’re seeing any growth at five months shows that you’re on schedule.  

Please just try and relax and honestly, I’ve seen dozens of outstanding results by Dr.  Erdogan.   Hang in there and relax ?

Best wishes,

Bill

1 hour ago, BigBen said:

Yea the last pic is a bit dark..  just click on my profile then click on attachments ,lots of pics there showing progress pretty much from 3.5 years ago to now ..some taken with  DSLR cam   I will need a second transplant for total coverage  but as  NW 5 and a very expanded bald crown 4200 would never give total coverage ..but if I use Topik  which I only do on occasion the  crown looks pretty good ,especially as I am 55 years old .

The Dr was Dr Resat in Turkey he was with Longevita      at the time   but he only drew the hair-line, the techs did the extractions ,incisions etc ,he just overlooked them ,by coming into the room every so often . I guess I was lucky all things considered ,I  certainly wouldn't go to a tech clinic for my second transplant would want the Doc to at least  do  the incisions  I have too much too lose at this point, would hate to end up worse than I am now which is a pretty good result by anyone's standard.

I have heard many people sharing Payam's concerns about the four over 2,500 grafts each surgeries done simultaneously by Dr Koray Erdogan and the multiple technicians, he is just the most vocal about it on this forum. The people I met in Istanbul were similarly concerned and surprised about it.

His hair evolution is a different topic and we should be able to separate both. I think we all agree about five months being too early to judge the results. I believe that that's a different story and could be successful and satisfying regardless of his concerns about the doctor and Asmed clinic.

EDIT:

Mick50, I sent you a PM, thanks for the information.

Edited by BigBen

Here is a pic i took at work today of my hair, its a bit oily after half a day.

Honestly i think i will just leave the forums for now, until my six month update at least, it's just frustrating and energy consuming looking at other peoples progress. Thank you for the support guys.

IMG_20180813_162328.jpg

IMG_20180813_162030.jpg

6 minutes ago, Payam said:

Here is a pic i took at work today of my hair, its a bit oily after half a day.

Honestly i think i will just leave the forums for now, until my six month update at least, it's just frustrating and energy consuming looking at other peoples progress. Thank you for the support guys.

IMG_20180813_162328.jpg

IMG_20180813_162030.jpg

I think that's most of your problem. Please Ignore other peoples progress - you can't compare yourself to anyone else you are unique. At the end of the day, you chose a top notch clinic, who consistently turn out excellent results. You are 5 months into a 12 to 18 month journey. Sit back, put the mirror away, chill out and see what your hair looks like in 7 to 13 months. Stressing will not help you mentally or physically. I really hope you get a great result ?

Probably a good idea Payam  to take a break for a month or so ,I still feel you will see real improvement over the next few months, look forward to your 6 month update , try to forget about  hair for a while ,work out at the gym etc .

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 1