3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

19 hours ago, nb98 said:

Staying away cause of one sub par result? Who’s to say it’s just not payam’s hair/body responding well? 

Better stay away from all HT doctors as none have 100% success rate. 

I don't want make you anxious because I see you recently had yours with Erdogan, but there are several recent results ranging from poor to unacceptable on this very forum.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:06 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Jean,

name calling is totally uncalled for, there’s no reason to behave in such an aggressive manner. I understand tensions are high and you may find some opinions disrespectful, but under no circumstance should you resort to cursing or name calling. That’s not how we conduct conversations or discussions on this forum. 

Everyone, I know there’s two sides, those of you who feel one way and those who feel another. I will be discussing the response with Bill and Pat, honestly I found his response yo be enlightening and what he said made sense. However, I would like to know about the other surgeons. Just so you know, we do not recommend clinics we recommend doctors. So, we don’t technically recommend ASMED clinic we recommend Dr. Erdogan, so anyone who is visiting our site and choosing Dr. Erdogan, should be having incisions made by Dr. Erdogan regardless. Also, it could be that those surgeons are very talented and may even end up being recommended at some point. We need more information. Be patient. 

Also, Payam how can I demand answers from Dr. Erdogan, when I’ve asked you now three times to update us with your progress and you’ve ignored me every time. How is this being fair?

Melvin, as far as I know that is not always the case so on my opinion Erdogan should not be reccomended on this website. We should evaluate Asmed as a clinic instead. Any Doctor that doesn't perform all the critical steps should not be even considered.

This is just my humble opinion, take it as is.

Edited by Jhonny

8 hours ago, Jhonny said:

Melvin, as far as I know that is not always the case so on my opinion Erdogan should not be reccomended on this website. We should evaluate Asmed as a clinic instead. Any Doctor that doesn't perform all the critical steps should not be even considered.

You do understand that according to your criteria of: “Any Doctor that doesn't perform all the critical steps should not be even considered.” would exclude MANY top elite doctors don’t you?...and I’m in no way defending Dr Erdogan and ASMED, I’m just pointing out a fact.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Jhonny said:

Any poster that is choosing Dr. Erdogan, from our site is having the recipient sites done by him. We have confirmed this with him directly. Many European surgeons have technicians perform extractions even North American surgeons like Rahal and H&W, so they’re not doing anything out of the ordinary. 

Furthermore, we never recommend clinics for the following reasons. Let’s say we recommend asmed as a clinic. Let’s say Dr. Erdogan sells asmed to an unknown doctor. Then changes all of the technicians etc. We would then be sealing our approval with a completely different clinic that may not have the same standards. 

Guys,

Why has this thread been bumped? There’s no update. We haven’t received an update in over a month. This thread is constantly getting de-railed with non-related questions or issues. It should be focused on Payams results period. This is his progress thread after all.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Any poster that is choosing Dr. Erdogan, from our site is having the recipient sites done by him. We have confirmed this with him directly. Many European surgeons have technicians perform extractions even North American surgeons like Rahal and H&W, so they’re not doing anything out of the ordinary. 

Furthermore, we never recommend clinics for the following reasons. Let’s say we recommend asmed as a clinic. Let’s say Dr. Erdogan sells asmed to an unknown doctor. Then changes all of the technicians etc. We would then be sealing our approval with a completely different clinic that may not have the same standards. 

Guys,

Why has this thread been bumped? There’s no update. We haven’t received an update in over a month. This thread is constantly getting de-railed with non-related questions or issues. It should be focused on Payams results period. This is his progress thread after all.

Melvin I do understand your point and I know it is very difficult to judge a doctor/clinic without having to take into account several aspects.

Personally I'm in the process to choose the doctor that will do my hair transplant and every time I take into consideration one doctor I ask myself...am I choosing him or his staff? What if the team n.1 is good and team n.2 is average, which team I am gonna get for my procedure?

When we choose a doctor to do any other procedure like a neurosurgeon, heart surgeon and so on we know that it will be him doing the very critical tasks and that is why we've choosen him.

Sorry if i went off topic, I just felt this is exactly the scenario I am experiencing right now and that is making my choice very hard.

Please delete my post if you feel like so we can get back to Payam and focus on his situation.

15 hours ago, VicTNYC said:

You do understand that according to your criteria of: “Any Doctor that doesn't perform all the critical steps should not be even considered.” would exclude MANY top elite doctors don’t you?...and I’m in no way defending Dr Erdogan and ASMED, I’m just pointing out a fact.

Yes I do understand and It doesn't matter, I would personally exclude all if needed!

When I chose a Doc for his capability, I pay and want him to deal with my health not his technicians.

I've read of several patients coming from a procedure where one team looked after the right side and the other the left side with a different outcomes...coincidence? Maybe...

It is a fact yes, hair loss has become a massive business and obviously by doing 5-10transplants a day they make more $ but I hate to see reviews named after one doctor instead after a clinic, when that doctor barely touched their head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jhonny said:

Yes I do understand and It doesn't matter, I would personally exclude all if needed!

When I chose a Doc for his capability, I pay and want him to deal with my health not his technicians.

I've read of several patients coming from a procedure where one team looked after the right side and the other the left side with a different outcomes...coincidence? Maybe...

It is a fact yes, hair loss has become a massive business and obviously by doing 5-10transplants a day they make more $ but I hate to see reviews named after one doctor instead after a clinic, when that doctor barely touched their head.

Well that is definitely your choice, but, your criteria shouldn’t dictate how someone else chooses their surgeon or clinic when there are many great results that don’t adhere to what your standards are.

As for the rest of your comment...I will say that it’s a fair point..but...that’s why this forum is essential as a way to weed out bad doctors or clinics not just by the elimination of a certain technique or method...but by actual patient results that are consistently good or great, to me, those speak volumes and that is at the top of my criteria list.

Edited by VicTNYC

Why are people bumping this thread and keeping it alive you ask?  'Cause we know a total sell out when we see it and would do the same shaming of a U.S. doctor doing the same thing with such exuberance.

Imagine a U.S. doctor monitoring from his 'throne' 9 monitors filled w/surgeries and he pops in for quick slit sites and is pretty much a ghost the rest of the time?  Sure, there are lots of sleazy plastic surgeons in U.S. that have geared up and created 'clinics' - but it would be my opinion that they either have much better personnel and quality control OR they are being lazy and too excessively profitable that they are undermining their previous good reputation.

You are witnessing this w/Dr. Erdogan.  He can fix it but he won't do so.  Thus - we rant.  And people rant all the time on forums about poor U.S. surgeons and clinics (their opinions of the 'processes' involved).  'Tis all we are doing.

We also post about excellent surgeons who are much more intimately involved and have better-trained personnel.

This is a topic that people like to read.  With all due respect; get over it.  It drives traffic anyways so it is to your benefit.  Oh, and now you can stress to your PAID sponsors that you are even more knowledge after following this thread - so make sure to subscribe to it. 

Thanks M!

peace...

Edited by jjsrader
  • Like 3

With all due respect I got my procedure done by Dr, Doganay and he was nothing but professional. He's the one that implanted all the graphs not his technicians and that speaks volume. He also works on ONE patient a day! Dr. Erdogan on the other hand runs his facility like a business. He sits in his office with his monitors and delegates 5 procedures a day. He's not hands on like Dr. Doganay. Every Dr. doesn't have a 100% success rate but the majority of his patients have amazing results. 

On that note, I'm going in for my 2nd procedure with Dr. Doganay and I feel as comfortable as I did last year walking into his facility....

On 2/8/2019 at 7:18 AM, jjsrader said:

Why are people bumping this thread and keeping it alive you ask?  'Cause we know a total sell out when we see it and would do the same shaming of a U.S. doctor doing the same thing with such exuberance.

Imagine a U.S. doctor monitoring from his 'throne' 9 monitors filled w/surgeries and he pops in for quick slit sites and is pretty much a ghost the rest of the time?  Sure, there are lots of sleazy plastic surgeons in U.S. that have geared up and created 'clinics' - but it would be my opinion that they either have much better personnel and quality control OR they are being lazy and too excessively profitable that they are undermining their previous good reputation.

You are witnessing this w/Dr. Erdogan.  He can fix it but he won't do so.  Thus - we rant.  And people rant all the time on forums about poor U.S. surgeons and clinics (their opinions of the 'processes' involved).  'Tis all we are doing.

We also post about excellent surgeons who are much more intimately involved and have better-trained personnel.

This is a topic that people like to read.  With all due respect; get over it.  It drives traffic anyways so it is to your benefit.  Oh, and now you can stress to your PAID sponsors that you are even more knowledge after following this thread - so make sure to subscribe to it. 

Thanks M!

peace...

Couldn’t agree more

• Like 1

Reputations are built over time and with significant hard work and consistency. I would like to know the procedure on how doctors get disqualified from being recommended on this forum.

There has to be a set of criterion which includes 2-3 botched or sub-par results. This is serious business and takes a financial and emotional toll on patients. This forum is about helping patients makes informed choices on doctors and bad results should be presented as they are, and doctors dis-qualified when they do not meet the standard. This is biggest value the forum can provide.

I notice that there is too much debate on bad results and many times the marketing folks come in and provide some justification or basis for it. Whilst its good to have a debate, it doesn't help the guy who is suffering or others who are trying to decide.

Just my 0.2 cents.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2019 at 6:50 PM, nb98 said:

I’m not anxious. I’ve seen poor results from pretty much every dr. 

@nb98 Your head is firmly placed in the sand if you don't see a trend with recent poor Asmed results on this forum. 

On 2/10/2019 at 10:01 AM, rocketmas said:

Reputations are built over time and with significant hard work and consistency. I would like to know the procedure on how doctors get disqualified from being recommended on this forum.

There has to be a set of criterion which includes 2-3 botched or sub-par results. This is serious business and takes a financial and emotional toll on patients. This forum is about helping patients makes informed choices on doctors and bad results should be presented as they are, and doctors dis-qualified when they do not meet the standard. This is biggest value the forum can provide.

I notice that there is too much debate on bad results and many times the marketing folks come in and provide some justification or basis for it. Whilst its good to have a debate, it doesn't help the guy who is suffering or others who are trying to decide.

Just my 0.2 cents.

I doubt it will affect his revenue stream, a lot of people barely do their research and even if they do they tend to stare themselves blind on the good results. Also it seems he is protected on this forum as discussions regarding his results are locked, I have myself been suspended for questioning some of Korays obvious lies. 

I keep thinking of where I would have been had I gone with a European or North American doctor, I have not seen anywhere near this ratio of awful results to good results with other clinics. I'm also at complete loss at how he could have used so many grafts in my frontal third. I see results from other clinics in the same area with 600-1000 less grafts used where the post op looks even denser than mine, how is that possible? I am positive some doctors would have gotten twice the results with even less grafts used, the thought is enough to drive you up the walls. 

The most infuriating thing here though is how unprofessional Koray has been in our email conversations, at one point even blaming me for the poor density because I reduced the graft number by 400 during our consult. As if 2800 grafts in 70cm2 with my hair thickness shouldn't have been enough, before that he claimed  my donor was miniaturized. And even before that he outright ignored me for two months until I raised a big stink on the forums.  It's fucking slimy as all hell.

In any case, sorry for the lack of updates, I will post my 11 month this weekend with the good camera, until then pm me if you want pictures taken with my mobile camera.

Hi Payam,

Understand your disappointment totally. Will also take a look a the pictures that you post on the weekend.

Have you spoken to any other doctors to have a repair job? Dr Couto has some amazing results, shame he is not on this forum.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:16 PM, xabi86 said:

Hi Payam,

Understand your disappointment totally. Will also take a look a the pictures that you post on the weekend.

Have you spoken to any other doctors to have a repair job? Dr Couto has some amazing results, shame he is not on this forum.

If you view the international forums, you'll see that Dr Couto is in fact very hit or miss. 

@MHR84 @Kingbilla really sorry to keep you guys hanging, been dealing with some stuff in real life this past week so the update will have to wait until this weekend. I can pm you guys mobile pics, don't want to upload any more mobile photos here as mods have been second guessing them and claiming I'm deliberately making them look worse, also the digital camera shows the real unfiltered truth.

I'm sorry to crush your hopes like mine have been, but there has barely been any improvements in the past two months. I will take this horrible experience as a lesson in treading the murky waters of this business and the unscrupulous and unethical people who exist in it. I will also never relent on exposing clinics such as this who take inordinate risks to maximize profits, all at the expense of the poor guys who put their faith and trust in them.

Unfortunately you have some guys on here with decent progress who are completely blinded by the facts at hand and are fully immersed in the personality cult around Erdogan, but It would require olympic level mental gymnastics to not see that there is something very wrong with what is happening at Asmed currently. 

I will make an effort to make a large and detailed update this weekend with a digital camera like last time, again my apologies for leaving you hanging another week. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Payam said:

@MHR84 @Kingbilla really sorry to keep you guys hanging, been dealing with some stuff in real life this past week so the update will have to wait until this weekend. I can pm you guys mobile pics, don't want to upload any more mobile photos here as mods have been second guessing them and claiming I'm deliberately making them look worse, also the digital camera shows the real unfiltered truth.

I'm sorry to crush your hopes like mine have been, but there has barely been any improvements in the past two months. I will take this horrible experience as a lesson in treading the murky waters of this business and the unscrupulous and unethical people who exist in it. I will also never relent on exposing clinics such as this who take inordinate risks to maximize profits, all at the expense of the poor guys who put their faith and trust in them.

Unfortunately you have some guys on here with decent progress who are completely blinded by the facts at hand and are fully immersed in the personality cult around Erdogan, but It would require olympic level mental gymnastics to not see that there is something very wrong with what is happening at Asmed currently. 

I will make an effort to make a large and detailed update this weekend with a digital camera like last time, again my apologies for leaving you hanging another week. 

Hi Payam be good if you could also take some pics from a more than  say just   a foot away sometimes showing pics  with more distance    can give a better overall impression of how the transplant looks ...of course close ups are good as well  ..if you can't get someone to take them for you ..you can use the timer .

• Like 1

Hey Payam, 

could you please send me some progress pictures,too? I had my hair transplant with 3000 grafts also by asmed and my 6 month status looks similar to yours. My complete right Side shows very poor growth and the density in the frontal third is in some areas smaller then 10 Grafts per square centimeter.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Payam said:

Don’t listen to the doubters payam I’ve been following your progress from the beginning and the way you were treated at the start by a lot of people including mods, who were dismissing your claims and calling you a worrier was disgusting. You have every right to be upset and expose the shoddy work.

We are seeing more and more people from this clinic who are not satisfied with their result, something is going wrong 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1