3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

Melvin I actually think it is a big deal if he has 2 new doctors working there. We have to realise that these new doctors are not assisting in few surgeries going forward but theyre completely assume the role of Dr erdogan on the few patients they look After. As Dr Erdogan himself said they will draw up the surgical plans etc... Now is that a problem ? Not really however nobody knows anything about these two doctors apart from their names they have no track record. I think it's important for you and other decision makers on this forum to ensure that any future results posted by the clinic must state wheather it was under the control of Dr Erdogan or the other two doctors. And if you remember the screen shot I posted above of 9 surgery rooms, i find it interesting that after this latest Erdogan email that they have deleted this video/picture from their Instagram account.

See my previous response 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, DEB1982 said:

Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't have gone ahead with my procedure if it wasn't Dr Erdogan making the incisions. 

But Dilek done the incisions on you 2nd time round who is not a recommended doctor on here.

20 minutes ago, HT0416 said:

But Dilek done the incisions on you 2nd time round who is not a recommended doctor on here.

She did 23 incisions just to clear up your inaccurate statement. Dr Erdogan did 2500 incisions but I had 23 surplus grafts.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

8 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

Why is nobody commenting on Dr Erdogan's statement ? He's finally reached out ....

Dr. Erdogan's Response:

Alp Bayramoglu, M.D., Phd and Mehmet Goker, M.D - Backgrounds ????? 

As the largest hair restoration clinic in the world - False advertising

As Medical Director of the Asmed Surgical Medical Center and operating within the laws and procedural policies outlined by the Turkish Health Ministry for the role of surgical assistants in surgical procedures, I have determined that the team approach is best suited to the field of hair restoration - Hmmmmm

At Asmed we select specific surgical teams for each patient based on the technical difficulty of the procedure and on the patient’s individual characteristics - Different quality surgical teams  

who have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the hair restoration field for those performing extractions and a minimum of 3 years for those performing placements - So you say. Where do they get experience from? 

Additionally, all surgical assistants are required to perform 10,000 extractions and placements on the KE-Head, a life-like model prior to performing either on a live patient where they begun with 50 grafts???  and gradually increase according to their performance - Sounds like the 23 incisions left over

The surgeon’s calculations are verified both manually and through the use of the KE-BOT, a robot that scans the entire scalp’s surface in detail for the accuracy of the data.  The surgeon finally establishes the frontline design in conjunction with the patient’s goals and desires - Accuracy cant be that good, so many gaps within new hairlines showing density flaws, How accurate is KE-BOT?

Once surgery has commenced, properly trained and licensed surgical assistants begin extractions according to the surgeon’s extraction plan. The surgical assistants, with the support of a stereoscopic microscope, are also responsible for the quality control of the grafts, the selection of single hair grafts for the frontline and temples and graft cleaning - Its easy saying this happens but thats not the case with my result and a few others. Microscopes new addition early 2018

Additionally, they are responsible for controlling the hair per graft average and documenting the speed of the extractions, both with the use of the Graft Calculator application - late 2016 you changed tools, old tool had a flaw it was making coarser hair curly when extracting and low % grow rate

Typically, I perform incisions for a maximum of 6 surgeries per day as I have always done, while the other staff surgeons perform incisions for additional surgeries on mostly Turkish patients. - Number of surgeries has defiantly increased

The surgeon oversees the team throughout the procedure and makes adjustments to the surgical plan if required. Post-operatively, the team surgeon is responsible for all monitoring - You can hardly oversee a team from 9 separate monitors, no wonder quality control is suffering

Hair restoration procedures are long and tedious, and as a result, concentration and accuracy can be affected by fatigue and strain - Cut down the number of surgerys per day

It is for this reason that I consider a well-selected surgical team to be the perfect model for hair restoration surgical procedures. The results are self-evident both for the patient and for the team. Delegated responsibilities provide optimum surgical outcomes for the patient and relaxed attentive team members whose precision is top notch. I have been using this model without alteration since 2003 and the results have been documented. - $$$$$$$$$

The new clinic has not changed us, it has just changed what we can offer the patient...positive results with the utmost care, comfort, precision and artistry - Results speak for themselves

2 hours ago, HT0416 said:

The surgeon’s calculations are verified both manually and through the use of the KE-BOT, a robot that scans the entire scalp’s surface in detail for the accuracy of the data.  The surgeon finally establishes the frontline design in conjunction with the patient’s goals and desires - Accuracy cant be that good, so many gaps within new hairlines showing density flaws, How accurate is KE-BOT?

Seriously? What have density issues at 6 month+ to do with KE-BOT? Some questions/comments of you are valid, even though again not asked in a very objective manner, but some others (this is just an example) leave me with an open mouth. 

Maybe it is really better to wait for the next response of Erdogan (Melvin promised to ask again and I am trust him that he will do so) and the next set of pics from Payam before we open another sh.t storm. 

I haven’t been keeping up with this thread too much since you guys post a novel each time, but I did read Erdogans response. I think the most alarming point he made in his “statement” is that  

“At Asmed we select specific surgical teams for each patient based on the technical difficulty of the procedure and on the patient’s individual characteristics”

should not every single procedure be treated with the utmost attention, skill, and oversight as the next? The way I interpret this in example form is: this man needs 2000 grafts for his temples. This shouldn’t be that hard. Let’s give him the B team. This man needs 5000 grafts to cover his whole head. Let’s give him the A+ team.. kinda concerning...

If anything, this thread turned me away from Asmed if I decide to get a procedure done in the future. No disrespect to Erdogan or ASMED as a whole or anyone in this thread that backs up the clinic. This forum is supposed to provide information for you to make your own decision, and that’s exactly what happened here. I want to be treated as a patient and not a head on a conveyor belt. This thread should get back on track and Payam should post his latest pics for an update. You guys really have too much time on your hands fighting on the internet.

Edited by hairlossPA

13 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Jean,

name calling is totally uncalled for, there’s no reason to behave in such an aggressive manner. I understand tensions are high and you may find some opinions disrespectful, but under no circumstance should you resort to cursing or name calling. That’s not how we conduct conversations or discussions on this forum. 

Everyone, I know there’s two sides, those of you who feel one way and those who feel another. I will be discussing the response with Bill and Pat, honestly I found his response yo be enlightening and what he said made sense. However, I would like to know about the other surgeons. Just so you know, we do not recommend clinics we recommend doctors. So, we don’t technically recommend ASMED clinic we recommend Dr. Erdogan, so anyone who is visiting our site and choosing Dr. Erdogan, should be having incisions made by Dr. Erdogan regardless. Also, it could be that those surgeons are very talented and may even end up being recommended at some point. We need more information. Be patient. 

Also, Payam how can I demand answers from Dr. Erdogan, when I’ve asked you now three times to update us with your progress and you’ve ignored me every time. How is this being fair?

Well put Melvin, good moderating.

8 hours ago, jj51702 said:

How do I unsubscribe to this thread?

If you go on your account settings, you can change your subscription settings. I also believe there is an option at the top of the thread to unsubscribe if you are subscribed. In the future though, please ask the question as it’s posted above and don’t be using unnecessary profanity. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Agree! Nobody comments on my hair transplant journey. 🤗

Kraistoff,

Where is your hair transplant journey posted? Obviously if you posted it and nobody responded, we don’t want that to be the case. Did you create your own topic or did you piggyback off of somebody else’s? It’s smart to create your own so make sure you’ve done that. Please post a link to your topic so that we can respond. 

Bill

On 1/8/2019 at 5:53 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s hard to say, we don’t even know what his results look like recently. The last results I saw probably a month ago or so looked decent imo just needed a little more density on one side. 

Dr. Erdogan, has expressed a willingness to do a free touch-up for all of his patients. However, it is clear that Payam is not interested in this at all. 

I don’t know what Payam wants to do, he hasn’t really spoken about what he’s going to do moving forward. 

IMO any surgeon in our list can add density and slightly refine the hairline. It’s not that bad. I’ve asked Payam at least twice to update us on his progress, which for some reason he ignores. 

I'm not ignoring you, I don't want to unnecessarily bump the thread (like I'm doing now) as it's already spammed with a lot of unrelated posts causing the important parts of this discussion to be lost. I am going on vacation so will stay away from this thread for a couple of weeks and update closer to the 11 month mark, I have not yet made my decision on which clinic to go with though

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to me that Dr Erdogan's clinic does a robot or a digital scan of the head post the transplant or after the incisions are made. This scan should be able to spit out the density easily and perhaps thats what it does?  So clearly, we are all getting a pre-determined density on the recipient  area and should be satisfied unless just many of the transplanted hair just do not grow or are at incorrect angles, etc.,  The point I am making is the digital scan of the head should  immediately show the transplanted density and a patient should be able to get a print out of the same ? 

Also how detailed are these scans - if the software is good I am sure it can also calculate the donor extractions and also the number of incisions made, transplanted hair, etc ? 

4 minutes ago, rocketmas said:

It seems to me that Dr Erdogan's clinic does a robot or a digital scan of the head post the transplant or after the incisions are made. This scan should be able to spit out the density easily and perhaps thats what it does?  So clearly, we are all getting a pre-determined density on the recipient  area and should be satisfied unless just many of the transplanted hair just do not grow or are at incorrect angles, etc.,  The point I am making is the digital scan of the head should  immediately show the transplanted density and a patient should be able to get a print out of the same ? 

Also how detailed are these scans - if the software is good I am sure it can also calculate the donor extractions and also the number of incisions made, transplanted hair, etc ? 

Have had ht at asmed and no the robot is part of the pre surgery planning and not done after surgery at any point.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:31 PM, xabi86 said:

Hello Payam,

Are you 11 months yet?

No mate, I will post my month 11 in ten days, no news until then except that the clinic is still ignoring me and i am trying to figure out how i can wear my hair to conceal my hairline while not exposing the gaping maw of low density on my left side. I think a crew cut might work with a fringe and toppik, kinda scared to cut my hair and too embarrassed to face my barber lol, she's probably expecting me to have a full head of hair now

On a positive note I have consultations with two very good surgeons this year, hopefully they can tell me something about how many % growth I had as well as options for the future, I just hope like hell the scar tissue isn't bad enough to make surgery too risky. It will be a long wait until I can put this ordeal behind me but at least there is a plan now.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, Payam said:

On a positive note I have consultations with two very good surgeons this year, hopefully they can tell me something about how many % growth I had as well as options for the future, I just hope like hell the scar tissue isn't bad enough to make surgery too risky. It will be a long wait until I can put this ordeal behind me but at least there is a plan now.

Could you please reveal the names of the two surgeons you intend on visiting this year?  Btw really sorry to know about your results as I was thinking about visiting Dr. Koray but after reading your post I am definitely staying away!

Staying away cause of one sub par result? Who’s to say it’s just not payam’s hair/body responding well? 

Better stay away from all HT doctors as none have 100% success rate. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nb98 said:

Staying away cause of one sub par result? Who’s to say it’s just not payam’s hair/body responding well? 

Better stay away from all HT doctors as none have 100% success rate. 

it's my decision on who I feel confident with  and who I choose to go with for a HT. Thanks to Payam's post   I wont ever be considering Dr, Koray as it was a real eye opener.  And while no doctor has a 100% success rate there's some doctors out there who are willing to put their money where their mouth is by offering some sort of warranty incase the HT doesn't go according to plan. Far better than having Dr. Koray's assistants work on me while he supervises from an office chair  looking at a television  screen!

Edited by gat4
  • Like 5

Fair enough. Seems like most drs have their techs do some of the work, of course there is dr’s who do it all themselves, but they are much more expensive and like you say don’t have a 100% success rate either. 

I’m pretty sure a member off here got offered a touch up for free from asmed actually. Not many will give you a warranty in writing. 

On 2/4/2019 at 11:05 AM, Payam said:

No mate, I will post my month 11 in ten days, no news until then except that the clinic is still ignoring me and i am trying to figure out how i can wear my hair to conceal my hairline while not exposing the gaping maw of low density on my left side. I think a crew cut might work with a fringe and toppik, kinda scared to cut my hair and too embarrassed to face my barber lol, she's probably expecting me to have a full head of hair now

Dude - you ARE the MAN! 

I'm  a gonna' go on a MAJOR rant right now - so all you TL-DR 'dear readers' may exit stage left at this point.  TYIA.

Major cosmetic surgery that is botched should be 'shouted from the rooftops' and to be brutally frank (and yes, I am in the legal field and licensed in 3 states as well as Israel) it is horrifying to me that a foreign surgeon cannot be SUED up his ass for Compensatory {expectation & consequential}/General/Punitive  as well as Aggravatory and finally Restitutionary Damages.

Dr. Erdogan is a reckless unfortunate well-known MILL surgeon operating in Turkey.   I stand by this written statement.  Unequivocally so, in fact.  So sue me,  eh?  Oh wait - that's what Dr. Erdogan says (not to your face) when he and his staff 'ghost' a persistent and rightly so PISSED-off  U.S. patient.

Shame on him.

And if I am given a 'timeout' for my written statement - no matter.  I'll take the charge.  It's really no skin off my sack as they say in Jersey.

And yes, my last surgery was in India w/Dr. Suneet Soni (4.5K FUT & 500 FUE) in March '17, previous to that surgery in Great Neck, NY w/Dr. Feller 2,243 FUT in March '04, previous to that surgery two surgeries w/Dr. Mark Pomerantz in Chicago, IL (700 and 1100 FUT 'mini and micro' grafts) in two sessions '93 & '94 and finally my 1st initial surgery w/the stupendously arrogant yet 'dim' Dr. Matt Leavitt (100  and 120 minigrafts) FUT in Detroit, MI in Dec. '90 and Jan. '91

Of course I will get more surgery - 2 to 3 FUE procedures and I will utilize 'beard' hair in the process because although I have complete coverage and NO visible thinning my hair is Asian-esque BONE straight and my hair-caliber thickness in Microns is embarrassingly low - thanks Mom & Dad.  You fucked it all up when you capriciously concieved me without thinking about genetic predispositions in 1966. 

Flaccid and weak lack of forethought, but I digress.

So, I know of where and when I speak.  In fact I would say I am the most informed hair transplant consumer that I've ever known personally.  I am obsessed w/hair - it is who I am.

Since I get a modest amount of feedback  in these forums I will post my last 2 major surgery 'before/after's and my 'current situation' in great and nauseating detail later this spring when I have more free time. 

SLR photos - professional lighting - wet/dry combthrough videos.  Scar and donor area combthroughs and both just-washed hair (wet) - towel-dried hair, no-product dry and styled hair as well as w/a touch of DermMatch concealer.

I will walk the walk because I admire everyone here that posts photos and tells their story - it takes alot for me to respect other men - this is hands-down the very best hair-restoration website on the planet.

Simple as.  For this I owe - a mitzvah if you will for my fellow brothers (in spirit) that suffer from this terrible progressive illness that is passed down from inferior genetic donors (our parents).  In the far future hairloss will be a relic of the past that time has forgotten.

Until then 'by endurance we conquer!'

Peace & Degenerate Blessings...

Edited by jjsrader
1 or 2 typos...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think you have to wait until 12 months to safely call the result. But yes, it isn't looking good at all. 

From my perspective, the surgeon's canned response was unsatisfactory. 

Indeed, we can get the true measure of a surgeon by how they respond and react when things don't go as planned. In this case the surgeon appears to have fallen short. 

With that said its important to remember that a perfect result can never be guaranteed, even by the best. (And I am talking from experience) There are just too many variables. Despite this, this post mortem will no doubt continue until the cows come home as every Tom, Dick, and Harry weighs in, thinking they know every single fact related to the case and patient physiology. 

• Like 1