3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

2 hours ago, Kiwi Guy said:

... And stop arguing back and biting to every single post that doesn't agree. Stop going in to every Erdogan thread and rubbishing the results. Not because you don't have the right to or aren't justified because of your less than stellar personal experience with the clinic but because bro, it's not helping YOUR situation. People across all of these forums know at this point going to Asmed is cheaper but also risks a much higher chance of a subpar result due to all the aforementioned things such as the number of surgeries, the attention to detail or lack thereof, the techs being more aesthetically pleasing to the eye then their actual HT results at times and whatnot, etc etc etc. The fact the clinic has these types of threads going on every major hair loss forum is proof that something isn't right and needs to be addressed, that's the one thing no one can dispute. You don't see the top clinics having these ongoing threads about them and you don't see them with multiple concurrent discussions regarding their mixed results. Every clinic has average and even poor results, but the point is that the top ones have very few of these compared to their good ones, Asmed does a lot more HT's per day so they have a lot more cases of good and bad, it just is what it is. I suggest you stop biting back though you are turning people against you and that isn't going to help you in a time when you need support and guidance. Relax bro... you've made your point and threads like yours serve a purpose... for me personally who is within a year of choosing his HT surgeon results like yours are why I WILL NOT spend my money with Erdogan and Asmed... bottom line.

Everything you wrote is dogshit, dishonest and thoughtless garbage though. The problem is people like myself, Gas and Lordbaldwin offer detailed and fact based analysis and retorts and others like yourself ignore it all, and write more idiotic, dishonest and vindictive posts that aren’t helpful or accurate.

Look at Payam blatantly ignoring statistics or making numbers up. On top of the fact he rejects statistics, makes up numbers or says they don’t matter, ignores all bad results by top North American clinics, this is a guy that didn’t read a SINGLE patient review or ask any questions prior to spending ten grand on a procedure. He’s emphasized over and over he’s not of the intellectual capability to take seriously, problem is he screams like a child louder than anyone else and decides he’s always got to get the last word in, and ultimately if you scream loud enough even if it’s dishonest, childish and objectively false garbage people will listen and be influenced by it unfortunately. Read his initial posts, or those saying the procedure “ruined my life”  on the other forum or that others who go there will be “botched”, he’s either dishonest or not of sound mind, my bets on both. 

I’ve had multiple Rahal patients message me this week about problems with growth and graft angles, there was a period within, 2016-2017 where there were more bad FUE results from them than I’ve seen in total from Erdogan. From both the major Canadian surgeons I’ve seen necrosis cases, of course no one talks about any of this or mentions their bad growth cases simply because they’re North American. Funny enough both of these clinics use techs too. The people that are pretending that ASMEDS yields are not as consistent as other top clinics are flat out ignoring statistics, haven’t done ANY research on hair transplants or are just plain dishonest.  I am not bashing these clinics either, both are among about 10 globally that id ever consider going to, however they aren’t magically free from bad results, and they’re easy to find.

When you’re saying that people responding to you should stop and only your opinion deserves to go without scrutiny, you’ve lost the the argument, however you have made a good case for yourself being a logically illiterate narcissistic piece of shit though.

People who have personal experience with the clinic and have talked to them and questioned about their process know that Payam makes things up, this isn’t an agree to disagree situation,  why does it make sense that he should constantly bump the thread and write dishonest or objectively ill considered and statistically false comments which will ultimately influence people, just because he wins the war of who last commented.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:43 PM, HT0416 said:

Who have i been messaging saying not to go to Asmed? Another false accusation Jean. 

Hows Hair Transplant 2 coming along not seen an update in awhile? 

I counted 9 operating rooms, maybe some of Erdogans staff have passed level 2 training and now do incisions.

This is from a PM I got. Why even lie about this? You know you did it and are open with your criticisms, did you think I’d let you get away with you calling me a liar lmao.

4FFEA0CB-3A27-4B5F-B515-BA9AB760D00D.jpeg

On my own hair, don’t see how anyone could call it anything other than a full head of hair at this point 

91AAF802-595B-4B9D-8B25-EBBE590A4C7B.jpeg

Edited by JeanLDD
  • Well Done 1

Asmed are aware of my issues with my ht and i also consulted with 4 surgeons 2 in person and 2 over email. All 4 surgeons tell me i have lots of multi hair grafts within hairline, my hairline is un naturally straight  and i have alot of grafts at the wrong angles which is a failed transplant. 

I am still waiting for Dr Erdogan response but he fails to give me any response unless i book a flight to turkey to have a live consultation.

Keysersoze shared a similar story to me we briefly spoke in chat. I dont believe i went out my way in forcing him not to go asmed nor anyone else who has messaged me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Payam said:

Did you read my post? I said you could argue depending on where you begin to look from and what results you consider poor that his failure rate is even as high as 25%.

I'm not pulling facts from thin air here, you can go ahead and ask any top tier surgeon what usually causes poor results, ask Dr Lindsey who specializes in repair cases, or anyone else really, in fact many realself threads have surgeons giving answers saying the same thing over and again, graft mishandling or poor extraction. 

Again it's laughable that you can blame the patient for not seeing how bad a hairline will eventually look from a marker outline on their bald heads.

Lindsey is more conservative than surgeons I prefer, but it’s laughable and very telling you mention him, because he has his share of poor results that are easily available to find despite not using techs for extraction. Of course none of these matter if it’s not tech based right?

If you asked a member of the general public to look at both of their work, I absolutely guarantee you that in terms of cosmetic even Lindsey’s best results wouldn’t be at the level of the average Erdogan result to them. Again that is likely because Lindsey is much more conservative, but this is cosmetic surgery after all and appearance to others is virtually the entire point.

41 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

Jean, I dont find your result that impressive tbh. Using over 6k grafts you should be guaranteed that result with any surgeon. Have you thought about the problems what might occur in a few years time seeing you only 23 years of age with no donar supply left? I also noticed a change of hair colour?

91AAF802-595B-4B9D-8B25-EBBE590A4C7B.jpeg

• Thumbs-down 1

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Payam,

How about posting an update of your results. Everyone is assuming your results are bad, but really you haven't posted an update in quite some time. I think in fairness you should post some pictures of the front, left, right and top down angle. I would also include the crown since you had grafts put in the crown. You are a week shy of 10 months if I am not mistaken.

In the end, I hope that you will try not to focus on the negative and perhaps focus on remedying or improving your situation. Whether it's through another surgery or SMP and shave, whatever it is that you choose I hope that you ultimately find happiness.

Melvin, if the issues remain, what would be Payam’s remedy? It’s likely he would need another procedure of some sort to get adequate density and lateral angulation in frontal areas, but it comes with greater risks to scar tissue already formed / deprived tissue for recipient zone.  If not done right, it can cause ridging and cobblestoning plus further shockloss.  SMP would be a repetitive procedure for the rest of his life and costly long term. Shaving head is safe idea but with head shaved there may be loss of densities and scarring present.  At the end of the day, is a shaved head the goal after such a procedure?

What surgeon from the HTN list can his repair needs be taken care of or good starting point for consult?  In a case like this, is there any remedy?  In the end, Payam is obviously going through this, and would obviously like to get his situation resolved so he can move forward.  

What did Dr Erdogan say he is willing to do to remedy this case and what are the next steps?  I read a lot of the recent posts, but may have missed it.  

Some of the North American doctors, even recommended ones from this forum, have voiced concerns going to Turkey due to different surgical protocols.  Could there be elevated higher risks involved with certain surgical protocols?  

Hopefully, this situation is resolved soon as obviously it is concerning for many parties.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

He’s emphasized over and over he’s not of the intellectual capability to take seriously, problem is he screams like a child louder than anyone else and decides he’s always got to get the last word in, and ultimately if you scream loud enough even if it’s dishonest, childish and objectively false garbage people will listen and be influenced by it...

When you’re saying that people responding to you should stop and only your opinion deserves to go without scrutiny, you’ve lost the the argument, however you have made a good case for yourself being a logically illiterate narcissistic piece of shit though.

I really hope the irony isn't lost on you here, I'm still surprised you haven't been banned considering how many times you've been reported by others in my thread alone.

Edit: honestly not going to argue with you anymore, theres nothing left to say really and it will only come back to you namecalling or making personal attacks, and me asking you for the n-th time to be civil. I'm genuinely glad you got the result you were looking for, I think the gloating is in poor taste though, best of luck to you

Edited by Payam

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Erdogan's Response:

"In response to your e-mail, I have complied the following details regarding our philosophy and procedures at Asmed in light of our mutual respect and collaboration over the years. Please feel free to share any part of this letter or all of it as you deem appropriate without altering its sense. 

As the Medical Director of the Asmed Surgical Medical Center, I am proud to announce the opening of our new clinic in Istanbul, Turkey and am pleased to be able to offer our patients the latest in state-of-the art equipment, facilities and patient services along with an enhanced team of surgeons that are trained in hair restoration surgery as well as the complementary fields of dermatology and surgical anatomy. Our new hair restoration surgeons are professor Alp Bayramoglu, M.D., Phd and Mehmet Goker, M.D. 

As the largest hair restoration clinic in the world, our aim has always been to render the maximum in quality, comfort and results to our patients when determining operational procedure and policy-making. In all fields of medicine, there is always a choice to be made that renders the outcome of the procedure or treatment the most positive for the patient, and this is the choice that the physician follows.  It is also the reason that we have decided to enrich the patient outcome and experience with additional expert surgeons and a new facility with advanced precision equipment that gives us with all the tools needed to provide the patient with a positive experience.

As Medical Director of the Asmed Surgical Medical Center and operating within the laws and procedural policies outlined by the Turkish Health Ministry for the role of surgical assistants in surgical procedures, I have determined that the team approach is best suited to the field of hair restoration.

At Asmed we select specific surgical teams for each patient based on the technical difficulty of the procedure and on the patient’s individual characteristics, thus customizing the surgical experience for each patient with an ideal match. Each surgical team is composed of one of the three expert surgeons on staff, an anesthesiologist and five licensed surgical assistants who have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the hair restoration field for those performing extractions and a minimum of 3 years for those performing placements. Additionally, all surgical assistants are required to perform 10,000 extractions and placements on the KE-Head, a life-like model prior to performing either on a live patient where they begun with 50 grafts and gradually increase according to their performance.

Even before surgery begins, the surgeon’s role is extensive and includes the evaluation of the patient’s donor area to establish the miniaturization ratio and DUPA, density, calculated density, the caliber of the hair and donor capacity.  Subsequently, the surgeon determines the number of grafts per square centimeter required for the procedure followed by a graft distribution plan and other recipient area calculations. Finally, Coverage Value calculations are made to ensure the precision of the surgical plan and proper homogenization. The surgeon’s calculations are verified both manually and through the use of the KE-BOT, a robot that scans the entire scalp’s surface in detail for the accuracy of the data.  The surgeon finally establishes the frontline design in conjunction with the patient’s goals and desires.

Once surgery has commenced, properly trained and licensed surgical assistants begin extractions according to the surgeon’s extraction plan. The surgical assistants, with the support of a stereoscopic microscope, are also responsible for the quality control of the grafts, the selection of single hair grafts for the frontline and temples and graft cleaning. Additionally, they are responsible for controlling the hair per graft average and documenting the speed of the extractions, both with the use of the Graft Calculator application.

In the successive phase of surgery, one of the surgeons performs incisions before placing begins by the surgical assistants who are entrusted with executing the surgeons placing plan, regulating the proper graft depth control and determining the K.E.E.P. (Koray Erdogan Embedding Placer) caliber and type (left or right). Typically, I perform incisions for a maximum of 6 surgeries per day as I have always done, while the other staff surgeons perform incisions for additional surgeries on mostly Turkish patients. 

The surgeon oversees the team throughout the procedure and makes adjustments to the surgical plan if required. Post-operatively, the team surgeon is responsible for all monitoring.

Hair restoration procedures are long and tedious, and as a result, concentration and accuracy can be affected by fatigue and strain. It is for this reason that I consider a well-selected surgical team to be the perfect model for hair restoration surgical procedures. The results are self-evident both for the patient and for the team. Delegated responsibilities provide optimum surgical outcomes for the patient and relaxed attentive team members whose precision is top notch. I have been using this model without alteration since 2003 and the results have been documented. 

The new clinic has not changed us, it has just changed what we can offer the patient...positive results with the utmost care, comfort, precision and artistry.

All my best wishes for a successful New Year!

Koray Erdogan, MD"

Why is nobody commenting on Dr Erdogan's statement ? He's finally reached out ....

5 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

Why is nobody commenting on Dr Erdogan's statement ? He's finally reached out ....

Because there isn't much that any negative posters can respond to that. Everything he has said is honest. He is completely open with his methods and processes they follow. What more of a response could you ask for? He does everything he can to assure a great result and experience. I take my hat off to him for replying in such a detailed manner. 

• Like 1

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Payam,

How about posting an update of your results. Everyone is assuming your results are bad, but really you haven't posted an update in quite some time. I think in fairness you should post some pictures of the front, left, right and top down angle. I would also include the crown since you had grafts put in the crown. You are a week shy of 10 months if I am not mistaken.

In the end, I hope that you will try not to focus on the negative and perhaps focus on remedying or improving your situation. Whether it's through another surgery or SMP and shave, whatever it is that you choose I hope that you ultimately find happiness.

Melvin makes good points here regarding the thread needing an update on your progress as well, has it thickened up any more?

3 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

Everything you wrote is dogshit, dishonest and thoughtless garbage though. The problem is people like myself, Gas and Lordbaldwin offer detailed and fact based analysis and retorts and others like yourself ignore it all, and write more idiotic, dishonest and vindictive posts that aren’t helpful or accurate.

Look at Payam blatantly ignoring statistics or making numbers up. On top of the fact he rejects statistics, makes up numbers or says they don’t matter, ignores all bad results by top North American clinics, this is a guy that didn’t read a SINGLE patient review or ask any questions prior to spending ten grand on a procedure. He’s emphasized over and over he’s not of the intellectual capability to take seriously, problem is he screams like a child louder than anyone else and decides he’s always got to get the last word in, and ultimately if you scream loud enough even if it’s dishonest, childish and objectively false garbage people will listen and be influenced by it unfortunately. Read his initial posts, or those saying the procedure “ruined my life”  on the other forum or that others who go there will be “botched”, he’s either dishonest or not of sound mind, my bets on both. 

I’ve had multiple Rahal patients message me this week about problems with growth and graft angles, there was a period within, 2016-2017 where there were more bad FUE results from them than I’ve seen in total from Erdogan. From both the major Canadian surgeons I’ve seen necrosis cases, of course no one talks about any of this or mentions their bad growth cases simply because they’re North American. Funny enough both of these clinics use techs too. The people that are pretending that ASMEDS yields are not as consistent as other top clinics are flat out ignoring statistics, haven’t done ANY research on hair transplants or are just plain dishonest.  I am not bashing these clinics either, both are among about 10 globally that id ever consider going to, however they aren’t magically free from bad results, and they’re easy to find.

People who have personal experience with the clinic and have talked to them and questioned about their process know that Payam makes things up, this isn’t an agree to disagree situation,  why does it make sense that he should constantly bump the thread and write dishonest or objectively ill considered and statistically false comments which will ultimately influence people, just because he wins the war of who last commented.

Bro are you calling me a piece of shit or Payam? Because if it's me, frankly, you should apologize... it's completely unjustified. Explain to me what is vindictive about my opinion? Other then my endless studying into all of these results, including Erdogan's, I have nothing vested in these clinics so it's impossible for me to have a vindictive bone in my body for Asmed. My opinion is based on the number of cases I have read on here and on other forums of the mixed results from this particular clinic... I would also say the same about a few other clinics who have constantly mixed results if they were to come up as well. You can show your immaturity by calling people idiots and whatnot because they see the average results Asmed have had posted on the net in the last year but you can't change the fact that we can and will see them and have the right to have an opinion on those results. I'm actually going through a lot of research to find the right surgeon so in fact my opinion isn't without merit, sure it's not as experienced as yours at this point but that does not make it any less valid in its own right. What I stated is simply from evidence I have, not just made up stats etc, I've read a number of poor case results from Asmed that I have seen on this forum and a couple of others, just within the last year or so, it's not a good sign. As I stated *previously* all clinics have a few average results but the fact is for the eye to see... due to the Asmed doing so many hair transplants everyday they have a higher yield (see what I did there) of average results that have been posted online, it's simple mathematics. I understand you had a good result, congrats, I think I commented on your post months ago in regards to it but you seem so worked up about this situation you attacked me for my mere opinion on him needing to move on and chalk it up to an average result. His result plus a number of other average to poor Asmed results I have read on the net has helped me take Erdogan off my list of surgeons I will be going with... explain to me what is wrong with that and what gives you the right to have a go at me? I have even advised the guy to stop the constant posting in this thread and others with negative things to say about Asmed... and yet you ignored that and attacked my opinion?

I'm disappointed in you as a senior member of this forum talking to me and even Payam like that, it's not in keeping with the etiquette of this place. Grow up bro you are better than that.

Edited by Kiwi Guy
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

Because it's mostly copy paste of his previous responses, except the part where he admits that he doesn't even do the incisions anymore, but it's "mostly for turkish patients" so I guess he will get another free pass.

Edited by Payam
  • Like 2

Yes it's pretty much a generic response as his last one was on here ,my impression is Dr Erdogan seems to be expanding and becoming less  hands on at he same time . 

OK he has hired 2 Docs help out which is fair enough ,an obvious question is what experience do they have  training etc ?  does he have examples  of their work  ?   where did they work before ?   these are the questions someone needs to ask if  they have been told another Doc will be performing the incisions [presuming they are told]  be they Turkish patients or foreign patients

Ok Dr Erdogan says he will still be performing the incisions on foreign patients, anyone who goes there needs to make sure that happens, as I have noticed on the new website Dr Erdogans name isn't even mentioned it just says a Doctor will perform the incisions so I would just double check that point so no nasty shocks on the day of the surgery .

If the points I have raised are made clear and no ambiguity well basically same as before ,each patient  must decide if the Asmed model is for them or they want the Doc whos name is above the door to be more hands on .

Possibly Melvin or Bill could enquire as the background of the 2 new Doctors as I'm sure there are Turkish potential patients who speak English and use this site .

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

People had already made up their minds.

4 hours ago, Payam said:

I really hope the irony isn't lost on you here, I'm still surprised you haven't been banned considering how many times you've been reported by others in my thread alone.

Edit: honestly not going to argue with you anymore, theres nothing left to say really and it will only come back to you namecalling or making personal attacks, and me asking you for the n-th time to be civil. I'm genuinely glad you got the result you were looking for, I think the gloating is in poor taste though, best of luck to you

Ok I’ll avoid using a certain persons name this time:

Someone who spends ten grand on a surgical procedure in a Turkey without reading a single patient review or questions whether a doctor is doing all surgical work when it isn’t explicitly mentioned anywhere and is actually implied otherwise is probably not worth taking seriously on their opinions of hair transplants, or anything of great importance at all for that matter. 

A person who does this and on top of that doesn’t believe in statistics, ignores them or doesn’t apply them universally is probably an idiot/dishonest person, and should be listened to with extreme skepticism.

A person who does this and doesn’t think it’s racist/sexist/ageist to keep mentioning “young Turkish girls” in a derogatory fashion, or that mentioning them as having low intelligence as racist is all the above plus a rather shitty person. Maybe someone should tell PFG FC that the the two hundredish mil they spent on Mbappe was all a waste, didn’t they realise he’s only 20 years old!? 

Add to that telling people on the other forum “you will be butchered” if you go to ASMED, yeah, it all does add up to a fairly shitty, dishonest, vindictive, and untrustworthy person that I wouldn’t recommend anyone take too seriously. Not mentioning names this time of course, because we are all being civil here, because of course telling people they will be “butchered” going to this clinic is oh so civil and reasoned.

• Like 1

Why don't everyone calm down a little bit. No name calling, no racism, no absurd analogies and comparisons.

While the response of Erdogan was a little generic, there was still a lot of information in it.

- INFO about new doctors

- INFO about tech training and educational background

- INFO about the general medical setup during surgery

@Mick50 asked some resonable quesions (about the background of the new surgoens) which could be expanded towards more info about the education of the staff and so on.

Would be also interesting to hear, if the set-up is really as described by Erdogan. Maybe the newer patients can confirm it.

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

Why don't everyone calm down a little bit. No name calling, no racism, no absurd analogies and comparisons.

While the response of Erdogan was a little generic, there was still a lot of information in it.

- INFO about new doctors

- INFO about tech training and educational background

- INFO about the general medical setup during surgery

@Mick50 asked some resonable quesions (about the background of the new surgoens) which could be expanded towards more info about the education of the staff and so on.

Would be also interesting to hear, if the set-up is really as described by Erdogan. Maybe the newer patients can confirm it.

Agreed Gas'

Also I thought I'd just explicitly mention in regards to what I've mentioned before, none of the North American/European clinics I've mentioned in regards to success rates are intended to attack or suggest that they are overrated/not producing good work,  but rather that when people see a poor result from a surgeon the best practise is to compile a list (even mentally) of every one of their results you can find across different percentages and look at percentage success rates (!)  rather than a few individual cases, and which ones make the most noise.  The reality is that in doing this you'll find is that no clinic has a perfect or even a near perfect track record. Every top-clinic has its share of below part, average, good and great results, if you look at the statistics (which I have) it is easy to see that ASMEDs yields are consistent with global standards of big name FUE clinics. Anyone who does their research will come to the same conclusion.

Part of getting a hair transplant is accepting that the doctor you're going to no matter who it is has poor results, importantly I would consider what the clinics are prepared to do in the case of a patient not being satisfied, ASMED, Rahal and HnW are examples that do have examples of standing by their results post-op. Especially impressed recently with Hasson who readily who put it in writing for Legend and his case on here. When you're arguing against records of post-op care and statistics you're not helping yourself or anyone else.

1 hour ago, JeanLDD said:

Ok I’ll avoid using a certain persons name this time:

Someone who spends ten grand on a surgical procedure in a Turkey without reading a single patient review or questions whether a doctor is doing all surgical work when it isn’t explicitly mentioned anywhere and is actually implied otherwise is probably not worth taking seriously on their opinions of hair transplants, or anything of great importance at all for that matter. 

A person who does this and on top of that doesn’t believe in statistics, ignores them or doesn’t apply them universally is probably an idiot/dishonest person, and should be listened to with extreme skepticism.

A person who does this and doesn’t think it’s racist/sexist/ageist to keep mentioning “young Turkish girls” in a derogatory fashion, or that mentioning them as having low intelligence as racist is all the above plus a rather shitty person. Maybe someone should tell PFG FC that the the two hundredish mil they spent on Mbappe was all a waste, didn’t they realise he’s only 20 years old!? 

Add to that telling people on the other forum “you will be butchered” if you go to ASMED, yeah, it all does add up to a fairly shitty, dishonest, vindictive, and untrustworthy person that I wouldn’t recommend anyone take too seriously. Not mentioning names this time of course, because we are all being civil here, because of course telling people they will be “butchered” going to this clinic is oh so civil and reasoned.

If he mentioned them in this thread as having low intelligence then yes that is the point where your attacks on his character are valid. Disagreeing with his opinion on Asmed or his own hair transplant being subpar is not where your attacks hold legitimacy. You seem very worked up by this thread and reply to every comment he makes even though you believe his character is questionable... that seems like wasted energy.

Edited by Kiwi Guy
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kiwi Guy said:

If he mentioned them in this thread as having low intelligence then yes that is the point where your attacks on his character are valid. Disagreeing with his opinion on Asmed or his own hair transplant being subpar is not where your attacks hold legitimacy. You seem very worked up by this thread and reply to every comment he makes even though you believe his character is questionable... that seems like wasted energy.

I haven't said anything derogatory about them mate, I've only questioned Asmeds assertion that they have five years of medical experience since they are so young and, at least during my surgery, didn't act in a fashion I would attribute to a focused and involved medical professional. Someone else made the intelligence comment and I tried to interpret their meaning, I still don't think he was intentionally being racist but I digress.

If we can move away from Jean and the children's table for a moment, I really do think Gas and Mick are asking the pertinent questions here that need answering.

These are the answers you should demand from him Melvin, don't allow them to release another generic self masturbatory pr statement where they answer literally nothing.

The only thing in Erdogan a statement that is concerning. is to make sure that you can choose him as your surgeon, and ensure  he’s doing the incisions as the other two surgeons are not recommended as far as I’m aware.

Atleast yet

6 minutes ago, here said:

The only thing in Erdogan a statement that is concerning. is to make sure that you can choose him as your surgeon, and ensure  he’s doing the incisions as the other two surgeons are not recommended as far as I’m aware.

Atleast yet

Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't have gone ahead with my procedure if it wasn't Dr Erdogan making the incisions. 

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Sean said:

Melvin, if the issues remain, what would be Payam’s remedy? It’s likely he would need another procedure of some sort to get adequate density and lateral angulation in frontal areas, but it comes with greater risks to scar tissue already formed / deprived tissue for recipient zone.  If not done right, it can cause ridging and cobblestoning plus further shockloss.  SMP would be a repetitive procedure for the rest of his life and costly long term. Shaving head is safe idea but with head shaved there may be loss of densities and scarring present.  At the end of the day, is a shaved head the goal after such a procedure?

What surgeon from the HTN list can his repair needs be taken care of or good starting point for consult?  In a case like this, is there any remedy?  In the end, Payam is obviously going through this, and would obviously like to get his situation resolved so he can move forward.  

What did Dr Erdogan say he is willing to do to remedy this case and what are the next steps?  I read a lot of the recent posts, but may have missed it.  

Some of the North American doctors, even recommended ones from this forum, have voiced concerns going to Turkey due to different surgical protocols.  Could there be elevated higher risks involved with certain surgical protocols?  

Hopefully, this situation is resolved soon as obviously it is concerning for many parties.  

It’s hard to say, we don’t even know what his results look like recently. The last results I saw probably a month ago or so looked decent imo just needed a little more density on one side. 

Dr. Erdogan, has expressed a willingness to do a free touch-up for all of his patients. However, it is clear that Payam is not interested in this at all. 

I don’t know what Payam wants to do, he hasn’t really spoken about what he’s going to do moving forward. 

IMO any surgeon in our list can add density and slightly refine the hairline. It’s not that bad. I’ve asked Payam at least twice to update us on his progress, which for some reason he ignores. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Jean,

name calling is totally uncalled for, there’s no reason to behave in such an aggressive manner. I understand tensions are high and you may find some opinions disrespectful, but under no circumstance should you resort to cursing or name calling. That’s not how we conduct conversations or discussions on this forum. 

Everyone, I know there’s two sides, those of you who feel one way and those who feel another. I will be discussing the response with Bill and Pat, honestly I found his response yo be enlightening and what he said made sense. However, I would like to know about the other surgeons. Just so you know, we do not recommend clinics we recommend doctors. So, we don’t technically recommend ASMED clinic we recommend Dr. Erdogan, so anyone who is visiting our site and choosing Dr. Erdogan, should be having incisions made by Dr. Erdogan regardless. Also, it could be that those surgeons are very talented and may even end up being recommended at some point. We need more information. Be patient. 

Also, Payam how can I demand answers from Dr. Erdogan, when I’ve asked you now three times to update us with your progress and you’ve ignored me every time. How is this being fair?

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s hard to say, we don’t even know what his results look like recently. The last results I saw probably a month ago or so looked decent imo just needed a little more density on one side. 

Dr. Erdogan, has expressed a willingness to do a free touch-up for all of his patients. However, it is clear that Payam is not interested in this at all. 

I don’t know what Payam wants to do, he hasn’t really spoken about what he’s going to do moving forward. 

IMO any surgeon in our list can add density and slightly refine the hairline. It’s not that bad. I’ve asked Payam at least twice to update us on his progress, which for some reason he ignores. 

Melvin I actually think it is a big deal if he has 2 new doctors working there. We have to realise that these new doctors are not assisting in few surgeries going forward but theyre completely assuming the role of Dr erdogan on the few patients they look After. As Dr Erdogan himself said they will draw up the surgical plans etc... Now is that a problem ? Not really however nobody knows anything about these two doctors apart from their names they have no track record. I think it's important for you and other decision makers on this forum to ensure that any future results posted by the clinic must state wheather it was under the control of Dr Erdogan or the other two doctors. And if you remember the screen shot I posted above of 9 surgery rooms, i find it interesting that after this latest Erdogan email that they have deleted this video/picture from their Instagram account.

Edited by FarsanUk