3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

29 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Payam, I looked at all your pics, even the close ups and I would not be happy either in your situation. I fully understand your concern. You have not the greatest growth (yet) and there are some multis in the hairline as well as some poor angles. While the latter two needs to be discussed, the density topic gets way overblown IMO.

1.  @PGDMMB, at the very beginning of this thread I showed a link (which got lost, after the transfer to the new forum) showing the timeline of a FUT case from the often celebrated Konior with much (!) more crusts than Payman had. The result turned out great. We also learned just recently, that the highly praised H&W don't advice spraying and cleaning as other clinics. Fact: There is no evidence that the cleaning process affected the growth for payam. 

2. Do you really think it was the small punch size, which caused poor growth? By what? Transection? So do you think that ASMED implanted a high amount of transected grafts, intentionally or un-intentionally? I really doubt that. Secondly, thicker grafts are typically more robust, hence there is no (!) lead that your case required a more (!) meticulous approach than other cases. It might require bigger punch diameter, but if they measure the thickness, why should ASMED not adjust the punch? 

There reality is, hairtransplants are no real science. They are highly risky. Even the best (!) clinics have terrible results, much worse than yours. There is a bad FUT case from H&W (who are considered as on of the strip clinics) just recently in here. What is the reason for the bad result in that case? Bad techs dissection all the grafts by preparing them after the strip was taken? No, I guess everything was just as in all the great cases. It was just bad luck. Unfortunately, it happens.

How many terrible results did H&W produce during the past year? I would like to see these multitudes of bad results from clinics like Konoir, Lupanzula, Bisanga, Cuoto because i can't find them

Like i said i don't know why my density is about half or less of my post op but i can only guess it was due to transection based on what i have read online and comparing with punch sizes used by other docs, your guess is as good as mine but it's telling that guys like Diep and Baubac will go up to 1mm based on graft diameter.

I have two tripples in the very front of my hairline alongside a ton of doubles. I understand one or two doubles, but this many as well as tripples? I don't need to tell you how a tripple graft looks with 68 micron thickness and high hair to scalp color contrast.

Hi Payam,

After reading through your thread I believe Dr Konoir would be the best option for you and I believe you should let Dr Konoir make the choice between FUT and FUE after looking in person at your hair.

If Fue was chosen and after extracting a few grafts, If it became apparently at that stage FUT would be a better option then surgery could then be switched to FUT hopefully.

I really feel you should let your scalp heal and not undertake another surgery for as long as possible leaving it at least another couple of years or more; but get an in person consultation in a year or two, so you know where you are for your own peace of mind.

Wishing you well and I don’t think your situation is as bad as you feel it is, I really believe your HT will improve over the coming months; as for me the thickening of the hairs and then the more natural  appearance of the hairs after 8 months made a huge difference (putting aside the doubles and triples you say are in the hairline).

But given your starting point and 2600 grafts used on just the front I understand your concerns but hang in there.

Where you mentioned about “going slow” “being meticulous” and “doing things over two days” I had 2150 grafts on a bald head and my HT was booked in from the start for two full 9 hour days which I was glad about, as an example on the first day  of my HT my doctor started to implant hairs to the hairline and elsewhere, but after some incisions I was bleeding more than normal (due to my body’s make up) on the hairline, on the second day the bleeding was normal on the hairline.

Edited by john1972
  • Thanks 1

Ur hair caliber at 68 microns is not thick . It’s average .. I read on google hair microns range from 40-120 .  .7mm punch size used on ur case is the right size .,  .8mm would of been safer though . But considering u had to move so much hair the clinic made the professional decision .. Or ur donor will look depleted with patches of baldness .. but I understand where u coming from , ur results aren’t great , n u were 1 of 4 patients that day , u didn’t get the extra attention u wanted .. When u were at the clinic n didn’t get a good vibe , then you weren’t the right patient for that clinic.. I think u shouldn’t get too upset,  what’s done is done. they didn’t mess u up , but didn’t do a good job on u either .. u just have to wait it out n see how ur growth comes along n develop other plans and find a clinic that’s more suitable for u . 

7 hours ago, Payam said:

How many terrible results did H&W produce during the past year? I would like to see these multitudes of bad results from clinics like Konoir, Lupanzula, Bisanga, Cuoto because i can't find them

Like i said i don't know why my density is about half or less of my post op but i can only guess it was due to transection based on what i have read online and comparing with punch sizes used by other docs, your guess is as good as mine but it's telling that guys like Diep and Baubac will go up to 1mm based on graft diameter.

I have two tripples in the very front of my hairline alongside a ton of doubles. I understand one or two doubles, but this many as well as tripples? I don't need to tell you how a tripple graft looks with 68 micron thickness and high hair to scalp color contrast.

How many terrible results did H&W produce during the past year? I would like to see these multitudes of bad results from clinics like Konoir, Lupanzula, Bisanga, Cuoto because i can't find them.

There are about 15-20 Konior FUE results on the entire internet, while probably over 500 Erdogan results. It's not even a remotely good comparison. I haven't looked at the Spanish forum where they likely all reside, but 100% of the results Couto results I and I think most have seen are his videos, none patient posted.

The doctors in bold have enough substandard and low density cases that that this comment really does just show you haven't bothered to even look, an old prominent poster here had poor results with one of them too. Plenty of subpar density cases, and more than I've seen from Erdogan. I've also seen Bisanga cases where the incisions angles are extremely off, which completely unrelated to techs. Both of these doctors again have literally a fifth or less of the patient posted cases Erdogan does. Its statistically inconsistent to take doctors that have barely a fraction of Erdogan's patient posted and compare them, and I'd still comfortably say I've seen as many below-par density results from both of them.

I don't know for sure on your hairline with the multi-grafts, but I suspect that they did put single hairs in the front of your hairline, but they just didn't grow.

I do think that in general a larger punch size is going to better growth rates due to slightly lower transection, but a 1mm punch is literally twice or close to that of the area of those that Erdogan uses. Look at photos of 1mm vs .8mm or .75mm punch holes, there's a reason why some doctors can extract 6000+ grafts via FUE with the donor looking virtually pristine and others can't. Not to mention a 1mm punch is large enough that it can potentially transect neighbouring hairs that aren't being targeted. Like Gas says, its very unlikely that your case with substantive growth issues is due to transection either way.

Also on your points before about what your options are, I definitely think FUT would be a smart choice, especially with a doctor like Konior who you're very comfortable with.

Edited by JeanLDD

17 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

How many terrible results did H&W produce during the past year? I would like to see these multitudes of bad results from clinics like Konoir, Lupanzula, Bisanga, Cuoto because i can't find them.

There are about 15-20 Konior FUE results on the entire internet, while probably over 500 Erdogan results. It's not even a remotely good comparison. I haven't looked at the Spanish forum where they likely all reside, but 100% of the results Couto results I and I think most have seen are his videos, none patient posted.

The doctors in bold have enough substandard and low density cases that that this comment really does just show you haven't bothered to even look, an old prominent poster here had poor results with one of them too. Plenty of subpar density cases, and more than I've seen from Erdogan. I've also seen Bisanga cases where the incisions angles are extremely off, which completely unrelated to techs. Both of these doctors again have literally a fifth or less of the patient posted cases Erdogan does. Its statistically inconsistent to take doctors that have barely a fraction of Erdogan's patient posted and compare them, and I'd still comfortably say I've seen as many below-par density results from both of them.

I don't know for sure on your hairline with the multi-grafts, but I suspect that they did put single hairs in the front of your hairline, but they just didn't grow.

I do think that in general a larger punch size is going to better growth rates due to slightly lower transection, but a 1mm punch is literally twice or close to that of the area of those that Erdogan uses. Look at photos of 1mm vs .8mm or .75mm punch holes, there's a reason why some doctors can extract 6000+ grafts via FUE with the donor looking virtually pristine and others can't. Not to mention a 1mm punch is large enough that it can potentially transect neighbouring hairs that aren't being targeted. Like Gas says, its very unlikely that your case with substantive growth issues is due to transection either way.

Also on your points before about what your options are, I definitely think FUT would be a smart choice, especially with a doctor like Konior who you're very comfortable with.

Where are you seeing these poor results? Can you pm me young low norwood cases who received an inordinate number of grafts in the frontal third and were left with shit?

Also look at the pic I posted of the hairline, there shouldn't be that many doubles in the very front row regardless. It feels like I got a discount HT when stacking up the issues, so how can I not blame the clinic for this..

And are we still ignoring that they told Acegik he had 99% growth from the first procedure?'

I am leaning more on a FUE touch up though, we will see what is said after my consults with other clinics as I'm worried about the scar tissue stifling growth..

On 12/4/2018 at 11:57 PM, john1972 said:

Hi Payam,

After reading through your thread I believe Dr Konoir would be the best option for you and I believe you should let Dr Konoir make the choice between FUT and FUE after looking in person at your hair.

If Fue was chosen and after extracting a few grafts, If it became apparently at that stage FUT would be a better option then surgery could then be switched to FUT hopefully.

I really feel you should let your scalp heal and not undertake another surgery for as long as possible leaving it at least another couple of years or more; but get an in person consultation in a year or two, so you know where you are for your own peace of mind.

Wishing you well and I don’t think your situation is as bad as you feel it is, I really believe your HT will improve over the coming months; as for me the thickening of the hairs and then the more natural  appearance of the hairs after 8 months made a huge difference (putting aside the doubles and triples you say are in the hairline).

But given your starting point and 2600 grafts used on just the front I understand your concerns but hang in there.

Where you mentioned about “going slow” “being meticulous” and “doing things over two days” I had 2150 grafts on a bald head and my HT was booked in from the start for two full 9 hour days which I was glad about, as an example on the first day  of my HT my doctor started to implant hairs to the hairline and elsewhere, but after some incisions I was bleeding more than normal (due to my body’s make up) on the hairline, on the second day the bleeding was normal on the hairline.

Thank you man for the wise words, the truly hard part will be to not pull the trigger next year on a touch up just to stop feeling so depressed about it, it's extremely draining. I hope my consults in the coming month will go well and that I can fix this without wasting too many grafts as well as having some over for a future FUT if necessary

Finally got my hands on a better camera for some closeups, ill make this my 9 month update because i don't really think it matters anymore, at least i can't see any new sprouts between the empty spaces, not sure what the density is but i will send this out to some other clinics for some answers hopefully, if i know how many grafts actually grew there already maybe i can start planning for the future and see if i can get it up to 30-40 fu/cm^2 in the not so distant future, i suppose it will be hard to say exactly how much grew until i shave it off and take some high quality pics of the recipient.

Also i think i might have suffered some serious shock loss in my native hairs on the left side, compare the the pics from now to the pics taken from the clinic, what do you guys think? 

DSC06653[1].jpg

DSC06673.JPG

DSC06674.JPG

DSC06675.JPG

DSC06676.JPG

DSC06677.JPG

_DSC2881.JPG

• Administrators

To be honest, it’s not bad, but not good either. For the number of grafts I wouod expect a little more at this point. However, you’ve been improving slowly each month. It’s possible it looks a lot better by 12 months even though 18 months. 

Thanks for posting full pictures that give us a better understanding of your results. I will say that it looks natural and doesn’t appear like a hair transplant.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, Payam said:

1. How many terrible results did H&W produce during the past year? I would like to see these multitudes of bad results from clinics like Konoir, Lupanzula, Bisanga, Cuoto because i can't find them

2. Like i said i don't know why my density is about half or less of my post op but i can only guess it was due to transection based on what i have read online and comparing with punch sizes used by other docs, your guess is as good as mine

3. I have two tripples in the very front of my hairline alongside a ton of doubles. I understand one or two doubles, but this many as well as tripples? I don't need to tell you how a tripple graft looks with 68 micron thickness and high hair to scalp color contrast.

We are going in circles and Jean answered most of this questions but I have one good reason to write one more post:

1. I have seen a lot of bad results from Feriduni, Bisanga and Lupanzula, but much less than from ASMED. I have seen non of Konior and Cuoto. BUT: Like Jean said, this is about statistics. There are only very few patients cases online of all clinics mentioned besides from ASMED. 

2. No, your guess is not as good as mine, as you will make your next steps based on … on what actually? What did you read? Why do you think this is a transection issue? Do you really think they transected > 50 % of the grafts and did not even recognize it at the inspection?  IF that is the case, this clinic should be banished from this forum. BUT: Why did the doubles and triples survive if the small punch is the reason for the transection? There should not be any doubles/triples cause they all should be transected even more than the singles.

Side points: Actually  you could not even blame the young techs anymore if the reason was the small punch, cause I guess that Erdogan choses the punch size. If transection was the biggest issue of FUE than there would not be million of bad FUT results around. 

3. I said several times: Thick grafts or multis in the hairline are typically bad work from the clinic if it is more than a few outlayers. Typically bad work by the techs sorting/implanting the grafts (and not a matter of microscopes). Only apology for the clinic: The singles in front of the doubles did not grow. DO you have close ups directly after the transplant? Can you see multis in the first row (in know some could have been dormant), but it could be a hint. Bad angles and wrong bending are always the fault of the clinic: Typically poor slides by the surgeon and wrong rotation by the techs. 

Summary: Transection is unlikely to be the major reason for your results. Could be that this was the issue but it could also be: 

- Your grafts are sensitive to the stress during HT

- You are a bad healer or the infection played a role

- The grafts were mishandled after extraction

- The grafts dried out (the small punch size could play a role here)

- Many unkown other reasons...

WHY DO I WRITE THIS. If it is an issue of your body, you have to be very careful about your next step. If the main reason is your recipient does not produce blood vessels fast enough or sth like that, than another transplant especially an FUT would make things much worse. I would recommend to make a small test FUE. Test strip is unfortunately difficult outside of the mFUE from Feller. 

By the way: I never thought of going to ASMED, cause I did not have financial pressure and I like a more personal approach with my clinic. I am not trying to defend the clinic, I just want to say that there are many possible reasons and (!) you have to be very careful about the next steps. 

6 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

We are going in circles and Jean answered most of this questions but I have one good reason to write one more post:

1. I have seen a lot of bad results from Feriduni, Bisanga and Lupanzula, but much less than from ASMED. I have seen non of Konior and Cuoto. BUT: Like Jean said, this is about statistics. There are only very few patients cases online of all clinics mentioned besides from ASMED. 

2. No, your guess is not as good as mine, as you will make your next steps based on … on what actually? What did you read? Why do you think this is a transection issue? Do you really think they transected > 50 % of the grafts and did not even recognize it at the inspection?  IF that is the case, this clinic should be banished from this forum. BUT: Why did the doubles and triples survive if the small punch is the reason for the transection? There should not be any doubles/triples cause they all should be transected even more than the singles.

Side points: Actually  you could not even blame the young techs anymore if the reason was the small punch, cause I guess that Erdogan choses the punch size. If transection was the biggest issue of FUE than there would not be million of bad FUT results around. 

3. I said several times: Thick grafts or multis in the hairline are typically bad work from the clinic if it is more than a few outlayers. Typically bad work by the techs sorting/implanting the grafts (and not a matter of microscopes). Only apology for the clinic: The singles in front of the doubles did not grow. DO you have close ups directly after the transplant? Can you see multis in the first row (in know some could have been dormant), but it could be a hint. Bad angles and wrong bending are always the fault of the clinic: Typically poor slides by the surgeon and wrong rotation by the techs. 

Summary: Transection is unlikely to be the major reason for your results. Could be that this was the issue but it could also be: 

- Your grafts are sensitive to the stress during HT

- You are a bad healer or the infection played a role

- The grafts were mishandled after extraction

- The grafts dried out (the small punch size could play a role here)

- Many unkown other reasons...

WHY DO I WRITE THIS. If it is an issue of your body, you have to be very careful about your next step. If the main reason is your recipient does not produce blood vessels fast enough or sth like that, than another transplant especially an FUT would make things much worse. I would recommend to make a small test FUE. Test strip is unfortunately difficult outside of the mFUE from Feller. 

By the way: I never thought of going to ASMED, cause I did not have financial pressure and I like a more personal approach with my clinic. I am not trying to defend the clinic, I just want to say that there are many possible reasons and (!) you have to be very careful about the next steps. 

Hey mate, thank you for the well thought out and lengthy post, i really appreciate it. From my understanding singles are more sensitive to mishandling than multigraft follicles though which could explain why more doubles and tripples survived. Im confused by your point on transection though, the techs would not have seen that the grafts were transected or damaged during extraction and would have implanted them anyway to my understanding. 

I agree i have to be careful, i am not sure what to do though, is there any surgeon that will do a "test" run to see if there is growth? 

24 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

BY the way: Yes it appears (!) you lost some of your native hair. Hard to tell what is the reason for that: 

Progression of the hair loss

Shock loss which was permanent as hair was already weak

Transection of the native hair

You can remove progression of hair loss, my hairloss has basically stopped since i started taking fin, just like the last time i started taking fin. It must be transection of native hairs, why did this happen? I have seen cases where Erdogan transplanted into native hairs with good results..

1 minute ago, Payam said:

1. From my understanding singles are more sensitive to mishandling than multigraft follicles though which could explain why more doubles and tripples survived.

2. Im confused by your point on transection though, the techs would not have seen that the grafts were transected or damaged during extraction and would have implanted them anyway to my understanding. 

3. I agree i have to be careful, i am not sure what to do though, is there any surgeon that will do a "test" run to see if there is growth? 

1. Yes, small singles might be more sensitive but bigger ones are not more sensitive to mishandling than multis. Why should they be?. Anyway, you are talking about transection nit mishandling: Multis are much more (!) prone to transection (or: Only a single is surviving of a previous multi). That is one reason why I think you point regarding transection rate is not a good one.

2.  Typically, grafts are inspected after extraction. Transection should be detected during this process. If the implant transected grafts and/or continue to extract grafts with such high extraction rates, this would be borderline criminal. That is another reason why I do not buy you theory. 

3. Test runs are not typically loved by clinics and per graft they are very expensive. I did it nevertheless. But maybe I am overly cautious. 

6 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

1. Yes, small singles might be more sensitive but bigger ones are not more sensitive to mishandling than multis. Why should they be?. Anyway, you are talking about transection nit mishandling: Multis are much more (!) prone to transection (or: Only a single is surviving of a previous multi). That is one reason why I think you point regarding transection rate is not a good one.

2.  Typically, grafts are inspected after extraction. Transection should be detected during this process. If the implant transected grafts and/or continue to extract grafts with such high extraction rates, this would be borderline criminal. That is another reason why I do not buy you theory. 

3. Test runs are not typically loved by clinics and per graft they are very expensive. I did it nevertheless. But maybe I am overly cautious. 

Where did you get that if you don't mind me asking? 

9 minutes ago, Payam said:

Where did you get that if you don't mind me asking? 

What do you mean?

1. Is just simple geometry, and also shown in multiple discussions. Just look at the shape of the multis.

2. Well, this is what the protocol of good clinics is: They inspect the grafts. Why do they have microscopes in the first place? My clinic even sent me pictures from that process.

3. Well, some clinics refused to do a small test case on me and the one which offered it, asked for higher price/ graft. As some of the costs are not graft dependent (medicine, consultation, after care, hairline design, …) this is logical too. 

10 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

What do you mean?

1. Is just simple geometry, and also shown in multiple discussions. Just look at the shape of the multis.

2. Well, this is what the protocol of good clinics is: They inspect the grafts. Why do they have microscopes in the first place? My clinic even sent me pictures from that process.

3. Well, some clinics refused to do a small test case on me and the one which offered it, asked for higher price/ graft. As some of the costs are not graft dependent (medicine, consultation, after care, hairline design, …) this is logical too. 

Sorry man i meant, at with which clinic did you get the graft test run done? Which surgeons are willing to perform such a test? Perhaps i can contact them..

I don't know how many grafts i realistically have in the bank, i hope i can fix this with a FUE and still have enough grafts left for a FUT in the future =( 

This question might have been asked a thousand times, but what is ASMEDs answer on this? Did you contact your patient coordinator with these new photos? Good luck and strength to you man, I can only hope i have better luck. 😅 
All you can do is wait it out some more i guess...

4 hours ago, Payam said:

Sorry man i meant, at with which clinic did you get the graft test run done? Which surgeons are willing to perform such a test? Perhaps i can contact them..

I don't know how many grafts i realistically have in the bank, i hope i can fix this with a FUE and still have enough grafts left for a FUT in the future =( 

Payam

i think it would be best to communicate with the clinic of your choice regarding a test procedure. Find out who you want to go to first then explain your situation and why exactly you want a test procedure done. Best of both worlds mate

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

To be honest, it’s not bad, but not good either. For the number of grafts I wouod expect a little more at this point. However, you’ve been improving slowly each month. It’s possible it looks a lot better by 12 months even though 18 months. 

Thanks for posting full pictures that give us a better understanding of your results. I will say that it looks natural and doesn’t appear like a hair transplant.

What do you think about my native hairs looking worse on the left side? Why would my native hair have become transected like this?

17 minutes ago, Payam said:

What do you think about my native hairs looking worse on the left side? Why would my native hair have become transected like this?

Typically I do not like the idea of a test procedure for various reasons and wouldn’t recommend it, but although I didn’t think of it initially this might be a reasonable option to consider. The only issue I have with it is perhaps your grafts are very sensitive to time out of the body, and although a short test procedure may go well one that is multiple hours subsequent to a test may still fail. Also perhaps with a small number of grafts you wouldn’t have the same healing issues as with a mega session situation as you had, or even for a subsequent say 1500 graft procedure. Personally I tend to think the issue was related to the flu like symptoms you had after procedure.

But in general I’m skeptical of test procedures and the posibility of it giving a false reading because it is fundamentally different to having a significant amount of grafts extracted. Obviously my thoughts on this are not based on a medical degree, but objectively speaking there are ample variables being altered drastically as compared to a full session. Interested what the perspective of a variety of top surgeons on this might be. 

there are likely a variety of opinions on a best option, but I probably would consider an FUT with Konior perhaps or a slower approach of work as Keser does by FUE to minimize graft time out of the body. Looking at your latest result I do see genuine improvement and although the growth is poor it is enough that your next procedure won’t require a huge number of grafts which is good. Also I see a few multis but a new line placed in front would easily fix it, overall I don’t think this is a huge issue to address especially if further density with singles was added I guarantee no one would notice.

• Thanks 1

A test procedure would be a long winded approach and there would be other variables of course, but I think it could reduce some of the variables as in the below HT after extracting some grafts via FUE it was deemed not to be a viable approach and FUT was the correct route.

Some of the reasons Dr Rahal office stated someone might not be viable for FUE...

“-hair follicle fragility risking too much damage when extracting”

“-too much tethering and long follicles. so you have to go deeper with the punch and possible create traction damage to a fragile follicles.”

“-too much splaying of the follicles, so you will end up transecting one of the follicles (unless you use a larger punch (not ideal)”

“-very mushy type of tissue”

“the above are just few reasons off the top of my head, that can make a patient not a candidate for FUE, and then the choice is to either do strip or do nothing.”

Edited by john1972

1 hour ago, JeanLDD said:

Typically I do not like the idea of a test procedure for various reasons and wouldn’t recommend it, but although I didn’t think of it initially this might be a reasonable option to consider. The only issue I have with it is perhaps your grafts are very sensitive to time out of the body, and although a short test procedure may go well one that is multiple hours subsequent to a test may still fail. Also perhaps with a small number of grafts you wouldn’t have the same healing issues as with a mega session situation as you had, or even for a subsequent say 1500 graft procedure. Personally I tend to think the issue was related to the flu like symptoms you had after procedure.

But in general I’m skeptical of test procedures and the posibility of it giving a false reading because it is fundamentally different to having a significant amount of grafts extracted. Obviously my thoughts on this are not based on a medical degree, but objectively speaking there are ample variables being altered drastically as compared to a full session. Interested what the perspective of a variety of top surgeons on this might be. 

there are likely a variety of opinions on a best option, but I probably would consider an FUT with Konior perhaps or a slower approach of work as Keser does by FUE to minimize graft time out of the body. Looking at your latest result I do see genuine improvement and although the growth is poor it is enough that your next procedure won’t require a huge number of grafts which is good. Also I see a few multis but a new line placed in front would easily fix it, overall I don’t think this is a huge issue to address especially if further density with singles was added I guarantee no one would notice.

I guess you are right on the altered variables during a real surgery, i will have to see what the surgeons say regarding a test run, perhaps just extracting a couple of grafts could tell them something about my overall situation. I don't know what a test run would give me at this point since i clearly have had growth which is mostly uniform, why is it uniform? 

How many grafts do you think I need to make it look ok while still allowing me to have a FUT in 10 years if necessary? I am extremely apprehensive about doing an FUT now as I will concede the possibility that this wasn't due to the flu or techs mishandling my grafts but some other physiological issue, even though the clinic has said from the start that my blood circulation was good. Doing a FUT that fails is a nightmare scenario I don't want to imagine. This is also why I'm leaning towards a small FUE, maybe 500 grafts stick and place in the right side and the front to add some density and singles to make it look natural, that way I can slick my hair to cover the bad side. It won't be perfect but I can live with that for now and then do a FUT down the line in several years to fix any remaining issues What do you think?

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Payam said:

There is no transection of native hairs, it just looks like you're losing more hair. Hair transplants do not prevent or stop hair loss. Are you on finasteride or minoxidil?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Transection can happen to existing weaker hairs, existing strong hairs, and even inside already planted zones with transplanted grafts.  It’s all about protocol, how much freezing to scalp is done, how thick n chunky or thin the grafts are, how hairs are angled within the scalp and many more factors. Some factors we may or may not be even aware of.