3600 Grafts - Dr Koray Erdogan 13th March 2018

Payam

Hi guys, i just got back from turkey and decided to start posting my HT journey for you all.

Background

I am 33 years old and have been battling hair loss since my early twenties by various means before i last year decided to finally take the plunge and do a HT, i picked Dr Koray because of his good reviews online.

Consultation:

I arrived at the clinic on the 12th for my evaluation, the whole thing felt quite rushed and the consultation with koray probably lasted around 5-10 minutes total, after that it was shaving and drawing of the hairline, which took a couple of minutes, and payment and information with the coordinators.

1st Day of surgery

This is a mainly tech driven surgery which is not very clear anywhere but patient reviews. The techs will do the extraction and the insertion and Koray will do the incisions. I had 2600 grats implantet on the front the first day, the proceduce took from the morning until around 4pm so it was quite long.

2nd Day of surgery

Same as day one, only the last 1000 grafts were inserted in the crown/vertex, this day was really tough and i got very bad flu-like symptoms when the surgery was over with a 39 degree fever at the evening, coordinators said it was normal.

Day 1 post op

We only went to the clinic for a quick wash, the doctor did not see me despite my high fever from the night before which i was very disappointed in considering what we are paying. Got some final information on maintenance and was sent on my way.

Day 2 post op

My final day in turkey, i went back to Sweden, decided not wear a hat as to not damage my grafts, kind of embarassing at the airport as i was looking like a mutant with my swollen head and open wounds.

_DSC2880.thumb.jpg.2ffdf9e3cf396a3a8babbfe4dc8805bd.jpg

_DSC2882.thumb.jpg.f8565613d6effc74b73767b1e94d081c.jpg

_DSC2884.thumb.jpg.ad0486979c92f25aecb025ab669537ca.jpg

_DSC2886.thumb.jpg.58d225d01387250875c5fa914b7b65a7.jpg

_DSC3197.thumb.jpg.25266c3f1c31e02438de66e2c07058d9.jpg

_DSC3198.thumb.jpg.8389ff880c29ac2d49f5aa5ac0223c12.jpg

_DSC3200.thumb.jpg.7d3cc14c19add6fcc06882103f91feb6.jpg

_DSC3202.thumb.jpg.b2f3dbb414a5ab8fa7192f2cad760d4b.jpg

_DSC3203.thumb.jpg.1eedf6ed0bd81c2eb4c315f5e92be93d.jpg

This is what I don’t like.. the doctor is so busy with so many patients , the whole surgery is very impersonal.. u traveling overseas n spending good money .. for a name on the clinic.. u risking ur life doing surgery. . If the tech don’t do a great job :. Then u screwed for the rest of ur life .. clinics that have the techs doing the extractions . A surgical procedure .. should inlcude which tech is working on u on that day .. cuz it’s obvious they are the one giving n doing the work .. not the doctor; anyone can draw their own hairline .. it takes 5 minutes .. so all the doctor is doing is doing is making the incisions . Give credit to the technicians..

nearly all of the ops are being done by the techs in turkey..keep that in mind and i have read many complaints about this docs ex patients so im not sur eif it worths the money or not

Hi byebyehair,

Welcome to the forum. Can you please expand on your comment regarding 'ex patients' you have read about and give details of their complaints? I'm sure you would agree it's only fair to back negative comments with evidence - especially directed at a Dr who is highly recommended on this forum.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Also, I don't believe his techs inspect grafts that 'appear' to be 1 haired follicular units w/loops on are inspected and dissected under a microscope either.

So? You end up w/doubles and triples in your frontal hairline if some of these follicular units have extra grafts in them that are not actively growing or are nearly translucent.

Correct me if I'm wrong Koray patients? I don't believe his techs are inspecting '1 haired follicular appearing' grafts under a microscope after extraction?

The very best FUE doctor's techs look at every single FUE follicular units under a microscope and are trimmed if needed and inspected to clearly see exactly how many follicular units are in each graft.

If not done you'll end up with a certain amount of doubles and triples in your hairline after it grows out - nobody wants that. It's not natural.

Very important in my opinion for the very most realistic hairline 'cause that's what people see first!

Koray is not a top-tier 'artistic' fue surgeon for hairlines in my opinion.

Also, I don't believe his techs inspect grafts that 'appear' to be 1 haired follicular units w/loops on are inspected and dissected under a microscope either.

So? You end up w/doubles and triples in your frontal hairline if some of these follicular units have extra grafts in them that are not actively growing or are nearly translucent.

Correct me if I'm wrong Koray patients? I don't believe his techs are inspecting '1 haired follicular appearing' grafts under a microscope after extraction?

The very best FUE doctor's techs look at every single FUE follicular units under a microscope and are trimmed if needed and inspected to clearly see exactly how many follicular units are in each graft.

If not done you'll end up with a certain amount of doubles and triples in your hairline after it grows out - nobody wants that. It's not natural.

Very important in my opinion for the very most realistic hairline 'cause that's what people see first!

Koray is not a top-tier 'artistic' fue surgeon for hairlines in my opinion.

More Joe T obsessives. I like the guy and agree with his forward thinking opinions on hair transplantation but suddenly now we have a million sheep thinking they are smart making these ludicrous microscope claims from seeing a few of his videos, having NEVER considered the multi-graft in the hairline issue prior. Lorenzo, Freitas, Couto, Keser and Oztan don't use microscopes, do you genuinely believe any of these have issues with multi-grafts in hairlines? Are these not among the "very best" as you say? Use your head.

I agree I don't think he's at the absolute top-tier of artistic hairline design and execution (Freitas, Couto and Keser being among those), but 95% of microscope wielding surgeons don't do better hairline work, and the multi-graft in the hairline issue has never been a noticeable problem in Koray cases. If it is, show me a case where it's a problem. You'll fail to do that, because you're talking out of your ass.

Okay JDD - we all know you are the smartest guy in the room and always will be.

Pure aesthetics my friend - at the very frontal hairline that mimics nature.

That's all. I appreciate true artistry and obsessive detail that yields the very best in cosmetic surgery.

My final frontal hairline design will reflect that.

In the U.S. for those 750 to 1,500 final grafts that will be either Shapiro or Konior or in N. America Wong.

My only point really was ALL grafts (FUE or FUT), but especially 1 haired grafts should be inspected w/microscopes to make sure the very frontal hairline one pays so much money for is completely natural to the naked eye.

Trained eye or casual eye.

Cheers!

Edited by jjsrader

• 2 weeks later...
Okay JDD - we all know you are the smartest guy in the room and always will be.

Pure aesthetics my friend - at the very frontal hairline that mimics nature.

That's all. I appreciate true artistry and obsessive detail that yields the very best in cosmetic surgery.

My final frontal hairline design will reflect that.

In the U.S. for those 750 to 1,500 final grafts that will be either Shapiro or Konior or in N. America Wong.

My only point really was ALL grafts (FUE or FUT), but especially 1 haired grafts should be inspected w/microscopes to make sure the very frontal hairline one pays so much money for is completely natural to the naked eye.

Trained eye or casual eye.

Cheers!

Agreed !

• 3 weeks later...

I'm booked in with Erdogan in September to get my hairline filled in.

I have sent over a bunch of pics of natural looking hairlines that I like (all transplant) and haven't been able to get a confirmation of ability to reach a reasonably close result.

I love Erdogan density but I'm actually starting to doubt the hairlines .

I'm booked in with Erdogan in September to get my hairline filled in.

I have sent over a bunch of pics of natural looking hairlines that I like (all transplant) and haven't been able to get a confirmation of ability to reach a reasonably close result.

I love Erdogan density but I'm actually starting to doubt the hairlines .

Was September the closest free date?